The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.8.2
February 19, 2015
- New frame-time graph.
- Activated by pressing Alt+F3 to display frame time bar chart in lower left of screen.
- Added "Do it all, everything!"
- Added "Where there is not light, there can spider!"
- Added new statistics.
- Cake Slices Eaten
- Cauldrons Filled
- Water Taken from Cauldron
- Armor Pieces Cleaned
- Banners Cleaned
- Interactions with Brewing Stand
- Interactions with Beacon
- Droppers Searched
- Hoppers Searched
- Dispensers Searched
- Noteblocks played
- Noteblocks tuned
- Plants potted
- Trapped Chests Triggered
- Ender Chests Opened
- Items Enchanted
- Records Played
- Interactions with Furnace
- Interactions with Crafting Table
- Chests Opened
- Now ignore bedrock above them when determining a clear view to the sky.
- Reverted explosion physics changes to those before the 14w31a snapshot.
- Explosion force is no longer directionally biased.
- Crafting one now removes all enchantments from the original fishing rod.
- Now spawn at or above sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Now spawn below sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Oak and dark oak branches no longer replace blocks.
- Now generate with only one kind of giant mushroom, instead of brown and red ( ).
- Spectator mode
- Mobs no longer follow/attack the player in spectator mode.
- Now directly takes the player back to the multiplayer screen, instead of the title screen, when leaving a server.
- 48 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-141 –
/spawnpointcommand fails directly on pressure plates, cobwebs, signs, open fence gates.
- MC-3416 – Player location marker invisible on map (wrong Z-Order). One-line fix included.
- MC-3885 – Arrows shot into the underside of a block appear black.
- MC-4405 – Beacons work inconsistently in the Nether.
- MC-8578 – Hopper sometimes doesn't suck items above when they are overlaying.
- MC-10176 – Oak/dark oak tree branches can replace all solid blocks (including bedrock and barrier).
- MC-13057 – Multiplayer "back to title screen" button incorrect.
- MC-31338 – No eggs with
- MC-41881 – Hopper minecart acts like it is in a different position.
- MC-42192 –
WitherSkullsflash for a brief moment when being summoned.
- MC-44634 – Invulnerable Fireballs are invisible/being client-side rendered on hit.
- MC-47683 – Black particles when breaking a block/torch particles dark.
- MC-48219 – Keyboard input causes mouse look to stutter or jerk (Fixed in LWJGL 2.9.3).
- MC-48969 –
clickEventis a URL without
- MC-49704 – Mooshroom udder texture does not display correctly.
- MC-50769 – Mooshrooms incorrectly display custom mushroom models.
- MC-51573 – Hostile mobs continue to follow/attack you in spectator mode.
- MC-51804 – Corner fences/cobblestone wall with a block next to them turn black (Smooth lighting off).
- MC-63370 – Baby cows are milkable.
- MC-64444 – Wither skulls are being rendered for a moment.
- MC-65697 – Explosion force on entities is directionally biased.
- MC-66089 – Explosion physics changed, range of some TNT cannons greatly reduced.
- MC-66090 – TNT is no longer colliding with a block placed above it when the TNT is triggered.
- MC-67727 – Beacons in Nether need clear path to "sky".
- MC-71163 – Bed can overlap when placed on grass.
- MC-72574 –
/statscommand doesn't work on players who aren't op.
- MC-73866 – Game crash when an item is thrown into a nether portal.
- MC-74686 – Marker armor stand block placing issue.
- MC-74866 – Chunk flickering (only Intel HD Graphics/Driver version 10.18.10.3958).
- MC-75083 – Single Player: Can't select any of the previous created worlds in Java 8 (Fixed by installing Java 7) (Windows 8).
- MC-75195 – Armor stands with the "Marker" tag set to 1 don't show their name tag.
- MC-75722 – Buy a realm has no "Back" button with no internet connection.
- MC-75885 – World generator crashes when generating pumpkins (e.g. seed "Cows").
- MC-76239 – Minecraft Realms main menu button's text between quotation marks.
- MC-76611 –
villages.datstores player names instead of UUIDs.
- MC-76650 – Glass pane image flipped.
- MC-76747 – Various particles near world border rendered incorrectly.
- From 1.8
- MC-57691 – Water generates above sea level as part of ocean monument generation.
- MC-57769 – Server Console spams "0".
- MC-58184 – Cocoa block texture bug.
- MC-59549 – Graphical arrow glitch in position.
- MC-60859 – Regular stone villages spawning desert biomes.
- MC-61475 – Using
/setblockto set block entities with items in their inventory does not update comparators adjacent to the block entity.
- MC-61897 – Crash when dispensing any minecart types out of upside-down dispensers onto powered rails or activator rails.
- MC-67150 – Ocean Monument cuts unnaturally into ocean floor.
- MC-70104 – Arrow visual glitch (fake arrow).
- From 1.8
- MC-73062 – Ambiguous Realms error "Incompatible client, consider updating" at newest snapshot.
- MC-73406 – Beacon stops working at a certain height.
Video made by slicedlime:
- At the time, 1.8.2 had the most pre-releases of any update so far, at 7 pre-releases, which is the second-equal most pre-releases of any update.
- 1.8.2 is tied with 1.14.4 as having the highest number of pre-releases on a minor version, with seven.
- 1.8.2 holds the record of having the longest developmental time in a minor version, taking more than 2 months to complete.