Java Edition 1.8.2
February 19, 2015
- New frame-time graph.
- Activated by pressing Alt+F3 to display frame time bar chart in lower left of screen.
- Added "Do it all, everything!"
- Added "Where there is not light, there can spider!"
- Added new statistics.
- Cake Slices Eaten
- Cauldrons Filled
- Water Taken from Cauldron
- Armor Pieces Cleaned
- Banners Cleaned
- Interactions with Brewing Stand
- Interactions with Beacon
- Droppers Searched
- Hoppers Searched
- Dispensers Searched
- Noteblocks played
- Noteblocks tuned
- Plants potted
- Trapped Chests Triggered
- Ender Chests Opened
- Items Enchanted
- Records Played
- Interactions with Furnace
- Interactions with Crafting Table
- Chests Opened
- Now ignore bedrock above them when determining a clear view to the sky.
- Reverted explosion physics changes to those before the 14w31a snapshot.
- Explosion force is no longer directionally biased.
- Crafting one now removes all enchantments from the original fishing rod.
- Now spawn at or above sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Now spawn below sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Oak and dark oak branches no longer replace blocks.
- Now generate with only one kind of giant mushroom, instead of brown and red ( ).
- Spectator mode
- Mobs no longer follow/attack the player in spectator mode.
- Now directly takes the player back to the multiplayer screen, instead of the title screen, when leaving a server.
- 48 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-141 –
/spawnpointcommand fails directly on pressure plates, cobwebs, signs, open fence gates.
- MC-3416 – Player location marker invisible on map (wrong Z-Order). One-line fix included.
- MC-3885 – Arrows shot into the underside of a block appear black.
- MC-4405 – Beacons work inconsistently in the Nether.
- MC-8578 – Hopper sometimes doesn't suck items above when they are overlaying.
- MC-10176 – Oak/dark oak tree branches can replace all solid blocks (including bedrock and barrier).
- MC-13057 – Multiplayer "back to title screen" button incorrect.
- MC-31338 – No eggs with
- MC-41881 – Hopper minecart acts like it is in a different position.
- MC-42192 –
WitherSkullsflash for a brief moment when being summoned.
- MC-44634 – Invulnerable Fireballs are invisible/being client-side rendered on hit.
- MC-47683 – Black particles when breaking a block/torch particles dark.
- MC-48219 – Keyboard input causes mouse look to stutter or jerk (Fixed in LWJGL 2.9.3).
- MC-48969 –
clickEventis a URL without
- MC-49704 – Mooshroom udder texture does not display correctly.
- MC-50769 – Mooshrooms incorrectly display custom mushroom models.
- MC-51573 – Hostile mobs continue to follow/attack you in spectator mode.
- MC-51804 – Corner fences/cobblestone wall with a block next to them turn black (Smooth lighting off).
- MC-63370 – Baby cows are milkable.
- MC-64444 – Wither skulls are being rendered for a moment.
- MC-65697 – Explosion force on entities is directionally biased.
- MC-66089 – Explosion physics changed, range of some TNT cannons greatly reduced.
- MC-66090 – TNT is no longer colliding with a block placed above it when the TNT is triggered.
- MC-67727 – Beacons in Nether need clear path to "sky".
- MC-71163 – Bed can overlap when placed on grass.
- MC-72574 –
/statscommand doesn't work on players who aren't op.
- MC-73866 – Game crash when an item is thrown into a nether portal.
- MC-74686 – Marker armor stand block placing issue.
- MC-74866 – Chunk flickering (only Intel HD Graphics/Driver version 10.18.10.3958).
- MC-75083 – Single Player: Can't select any of the previous created worlds in Java 8 (Fixed by installing Java 7) (Windows 8).
- MC-75195 – Armor stands with the "Marker" tag set to 1 don't show their name tag.
- MC-75722 – Buy a realm has no "Back" button with no internet connection.
- MC-75885 – World generator crashes when generating pumpkins (e.g. seed "Cows").
- MC-76239 – Minecraft Realms main menu button's text between quotation marks.
- MC-76611 –
villages.datstores player names instead of UUIDs.
- MC-76650 – Glass pane image flipped.
- MC-76747 – Various particles near world border rendered incorrectly.
- From 1.8
- MC-57691 – Water generates above sea level as part of ocean monument generation.
- MC-57769 – Server Console spams "0".
- MC-58184 – Cocoa block texture bug.
- MC-59549 – Graphical arrow glitch in position.
- MC-60859 – Regular stone villages spawning desert biomes.
- MC-61475 – Using
/setblockto set block entities with items in their inventory does not update comparators adjacent to the block entity.
- MC-61897 – Crash when dispensing any minecart types out of upside-down dispensers onto powered rails or activator rails.
- MC-67150 – Ocean Monument cuts unnaturally into ocean floor.
- MC-70104 – Arrow visual glitch (fake arrow).
- From 1.8
- MC-73062 – Ambiguous Realms error "Incompatible client, consider updating" at newest snapshot.
- MC-73406 – Beacon stops working at a certain height.
Video made by slicedlime:
- At the time, 1.8.2 had the most pre-releases of any update so far, at 7 pre-releases, which is the second-equal most pre-releases of any update.
- 1.8.2 is tied with 1.14.4 as having the highest number of pre-releases on a minor version, with seven.
- 1.8.2 holds the record of having the longest developmental time in a minor version, taking more than 2 months to complete.