Java Edition 1.8.1-pre1
October 15, 2014
doEntityDrops- Works like
doTileDropsbut applies to entities instead.
- Bows are no longer upside down when held in the inventory.
- Changed some colors.
- Can now be extended with redstone, like any other potion.
- No longer run from creepers.
- Newly generated witch huts can spawn witches on Y 64 to 71.
- This allows for three spawning floors in witch farms.
doTileDropsno longer affects entities.
- Ryan Holtz (TheMogMiner) and Michael Stoyke (Searge) are now mentioned in the credits.
- Renamed "Multiplayer Settings" to "Chat Settings" from 1.5.x and lower.
- Various improvements.
- 64 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8.1
- MC-3 – Player facing changes when passing through nether portals in certain cases.
- MC-1607 – Ghost End Portal in The End / Missing layer with AMD/ATI graphics cards.
- MC-6594 – Non-living entities (boats, minecarts, falling sand, item frames, paintings) drop items even if
doTileDropsis set to false
- MC-37782 – Items held by witches are too small and held incorrectly.
- MC-45537 – Cannot place buttons under stairs or slabs, or on top of upside-down stairs or slabs.
- MC-46579 – Items are too high on the arm in 3rd person mode while sneaking.
- MC-48011 – Ender dragon experience drops are not affected by
- MC-48130 –
/fillreplace command not filling when clicking tab.
- MC-49126 – Glowstone crystal formations are missing their bottom layers.
- MC-49538 – Achievement "Overpowered" Has misleading icon.
- MC-53718 – Chicken jockey riding inside chicken.
- MC-54551 – Resizing window while in Customized World Settings snaps back to Customized Settings page 1.
- MC-54707 – Command:
/setblock minecraft:signproduces a confusing error message.
- MC-56574 –
/tellraw open_urlisn't showing url.
- MC-58307 – Air bubbles appear after drowning and still dead.
- MC-59216 – Unable to build iron golem and snow golem with jack o'lantern.
- MC-59360 – Levers pop off non-solid blocks.
- MC-62140 – 2 block tall flowers generated in previous version removes the 2nd block.
- MC-62758 – Tall flowers drop two items when block below is broken.
- MC-63466 – Ctrl +Pick Block gives a Steve head instead of a head with the owner's skin.
- MC-64082 – Enchantment options for individual players are reset after death.
KeepInventorydoes not have any effect.
- MC-64427 –
/debugwith invalid arguments don't print an error message.
- MC-64773 –
- MC-64846 – Cannot extend Potion of Leaping to eight minutes using redstone in a brewing stand.
- MC-65603 – Ender dragon does not obey
- MC-65834 – Snow layers placed against the side of a block are placed one block too far out.
- MC-65945 – Enderman blocks look weird when invisible.
- MC-66324 –
/clonehas incomplete syntax.
- MC-66658 –
/killdoes not tab auto-complete with a player's name.
- MC-66786 – Incorrect death message for dispensed harming potions.
- MC-66861 – when press Tab ↹ on
/entitydata, players pop up.
- MC-66922 – <effect> argument in
/effectdoes not show clear in help syntax.
- MC-68160 – Placing a colored banner on a cactus drops a black banner.
- MC-68247 – Beacon Beam disappears while looking upwards from it.
- MC-68400 – Creative Inventory vert. scrollbar changes without scrolling.
- MC-68654 – Tab Complete -
- MC-68745 –
/resourcepacks/folder is not automatically created when initially starting the game.
- MC-68891 – Mobs think daylight sensor is a full block, causing them to jump while trying to get off it.
- MC-69266 – Snow layer placing behavior buggy and inconsistent.
- MC-69323 – Certain commands do not allow tab completing coordinate arguments.
- MC-69823 –
/debughelp text wrong.
- MC-69983 – Multiplayer Settings named wrongly.
- MC-69984 – The "Defaults" popup on the customized world generation options screen doesn't disable hovering over stuff behind it.
- MC-69989 – Debug worlds generate one column twice.
- MC-70054 – Rabbits don't follow players holding golden carrots or dandelions.
- MC-70111 – When a thrown enderpearl is in the air, it disappears after relogging.
- MC-70305 – "Sprint" is in the wrong category in controls screen.
- MC-70308 – Bottom outline is missing in the Controls screen buttons.
- MC-70338 – Hopper:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space - creating debug image whilst stitching textures.
- MC-70359 – Block breaking remains when eating/blocking with a sword.
- MC-70431 – Minecraft 1.8 skin bug! (Layered skin in the right arm, is not completely shown in first person).
- MC-70565 – When opening a chest in modded servers Minecraft crashes continuously.
- MC-70675 – End credits make no mention of Ryan Holtz (TheMogMiner) or Michael Stoyke (Searge).
- MC-71777 –
/achievement taketaking too many achievements.
- MC-71981 – Uploading a hardcore world to Realms retains auto-ban.
- MC-72583 –
doTileDropsaffects item frames.
- MC-72868 – Mobs glitch through the ground under certain conditions.
- MC-72869 – The 'Defaults' button on the Customized world screen does not disable itself after use.
- MC-72871 – Resizing the game makes buttons on "Defaults" popup on Customized world GUI disappear.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-46809 –
/saynot showing villager entity data if 'CustomName' provided.
- MC-47987 – Entering a mobs view in spectator mode does not change if world is changed.
- MC-61844 – Creepers target iron golems, causing terrain damage without interaction of a player.
- MC-64598 – Creative search tab text becomes offset.
- MC-65276 – Bow is upside down when held.
This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.