Java Edition 1.7.4
Pre-release: December 9, 2013
1.7.4 is a minor update to Minecraft (Java Edition) that was released on December 10, 2013. Additions included a new Mojang splash screen, Twitch.tv broadcasting and the chicken jockey. While it was not the last update to 1.7, it was the last one before the snapshots of 1.8 started.
- Consist of a baby zombie riding and controlling a chicken.
- Because the zombie is riding a chicken, it cannot take fall damage.
- As it is a baby zombie, it will not burn up if exposed to daylight.
- Extremely rare - every baby zombie spawned has a very small chance of spawning as a chicken jockey.
- Zombie pigmen chicken jockeys can spawn in the Nether.
- New 'Notch' shader.
- Native broadcasting to 
- Microphone can be recorded too.
- Twitch chat integration in the game.
- Broadcast Settings:
- Quality, Framerate, Bandwidth, Send Metadata, Mic Volume, System Volume, Compression, Enable Chat and User Filter (for the twitch chat).
- Sheep with the custom name "jeb_" change their color, fading between all 16 wool colors.
- Commonly referred to as "rainbow sheep", "disco sheep", or "Jeb sheep".
- Color changes are visual effects only; does not affect wool drops.
- The sharpness enchantment now affects the "attack damage" attribute.
- Rideable entities
- When dismounting entities players are no longer moved as far.
- Tab key
- If all auto-completable options begin the same, tab will fill up the beginning - Example:
/gamerule doMcompletes to
- Video settings
- Advanced OpenGL option in "video settings" was removed.
- Mojang splash screen
- The logo has been changed so now it's red instead of red-orange, has 2 square corners, and the rounded corners are rounder. The text is now black instead of orange, the font weight is lighter (bold instead of black), and the face appears to be a custom hybrid of Insignia and Code pro.
- Mojang splash screen can no longer be changed in resource packs.
- Servers now have an icon which is the face of the owner's skin.
- Config screen is modified - layout changed.
- From released versions before 1.7.4
- – Misaligned textures on south and east faces for non-full blocks
- – Some texts can't be translated in a language file
- – The Ender Dragon's death animation glitches upon world reload
- – Unicode font text shadow in fullscreen mode
- – Furnace GUI - "full" arrow texture always drawn on leftmost column
- – In inventory, right-click done after a left-click will be ignored if done within double-click-time interval
- – Server performance issue: chunk coordinates use a bad hash function
- – Minimizing other windows open, resizes Minecraft window
- – Minecraft "flashes white" when going to the main menu
- – Enchantments not showing stats in tooltip
- - Music discs cannot be renamed in Resource Packs
- – Unable to make a tamed wolf sit after shooting yourself
- – Click or right-click stuck on OS X
- – OS X fullscreen is not supported
- – Tab causes line leftovers
- – Font file of Unicode Page C2 (Korean) shows character '숼'(U+C23C) at the position of '쉴'(U+C274)
- – Upon exiting (shift-click) minecart, the range and criteria is drastically off, up to 8 blocks away
- – Unable to take screenshot in GUI or active chat line
- – Flower duplication glitch
- – Adventuring time — list of visited biomes resets on login
- – Right-clicking a flower pot that has certain plants in it while holding another plant replaces the one in the flower pot with the one you're holding
- – Wrong render distance beyond 8 and more chunks settings
- – Weird glass texture
- – Loading text in Polish (and other languages with Unicode font) isn't showing properly
- – Items with enchantment effect cause blocks and potion effects indicator to not render
- – Water too transparent
- – Background rendering issues when picking up enchanted items / caption of containers white
- – Damaged armor, tools & weapons placed in certain inventory slots cause other slots to go black
- – Graphical glitch on beacon effects in inventory screen
- – Translucent parts of stained glass not visible in 3rd person mode
-  – Weird rendering of transparent blocks on the 0-axis
- – Block held in 3rd person rendered incorrectly
- – Enchanted items have big enchant around whole item
- – see the sun in lava
- – All the textures are flipped/mirrored on north/east sides of blocks
- – Records do not get played in full but rather will be stopped playing
- – Falling invisible slime causes "blue screen"
- – Players become invisible+immune for PvP damage, after being killed and relogging instead of respawning
SetSlotpacket can no longer set item under cursor
Hopper: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: "\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000" –
These fixes occurred between the 1.7.3 pre-release and 1.7.4.
- 3 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.7.4
- MC-12964 – Server performance issue: Chunk coordinates use a bad hash function.
- From 1.7.3
- MC-41623 – "Force Unicode Font" button in languages section of the options doesn't work if GUI Scale is set to "Auto".
- MC-41668 – "Old graphics card detected" watermark on title screen is in quotes.
- 1.7.4 has 8 snapshots, making it have the most snapshots among all minor updates.