The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.4.4
Pre-release: November 8, 2012
A pre-release version of 1.4.4 was released on November 8, 2012, though the full release of 1.4.4 is identical to this pre-release.
- Implemented the music disc "wait".
- This music disc was originally added to the game's files in Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2 named "where are we now", but could not be implemented due to issues with the spaces in its name, so it has been renamed to "wait".
- When in creative mode, flying through cobwebs does not slow the player down, but walking through them will.[note 1]
- Water now completely negates all fall damage.
- Baby mobs
- Now die when they are not underwater.[note 1]
- 31 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.4.4
- MC-334 – Tab key not working for any function on Mac.
- MC-450 – Chicken head movement is inverted.
- MC-527 – "seed" command does not work in Minecraft server command line.
- MC-984 –
Internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 249.
- MC-1079 – Killing animals with fire aspect on the first hit does not cook the drops.
- MC-1153 – Torch texture is rendered incorrectly.
- MC-1478 – Walking from ground level onto anvil.
- MC-1622 – Enderchest does not have the right hitbox.
- MC-1793 – Nether Brick Fence has an incorrect texture.
- MC-1860 – Block and item duplication.
- MC-2229 – Fences are not rendered correctly from underneath.
- MC-2362 – Item frames disappear without drop when a block is placed in their position.
- MC-2422 – Pistons are invisible and make blocks invisible while pushing.
- From the 1.4.4 pre-releases
- MC-1608 – Iron golems crash the player when they walk.
- MC-1611 – Torches do not place properly, get adjacent to wall.
- MC-1612 – Water current too strong / cannot swim up in deep water.
- MC-1647 – Cannot fall into void.
- MC-1661 – Crash when placing minecart on powered rail.
- MC-1741 – Loading a world that has been moved or deleted causes a crash.
- MC-1745 – player can jump over cobblestone walls.
- MC-1789 – Squids do not suffocate on land.
- MC-1845 – Crash when rendering entities.
- MC-1871 – Running on leaves produces gray particles.
- MC-2304 – Redstone repeaters above 1 tick do not receive a pulse at all when sent a 1-tick pulse from redstone wire or repeaters.
- MC-2400 – Mobs and items become invisible after the player dies.
- MC-2447 – Cannot break block behind gravel, sand, dirt with Efficiency V diamond pickaxe.
- Other issues
- Random falling damage due to lag fixed.
- Falling damage when riding minecarts fixed.
- Enchanted book exploit fixed.
- Slimes have correct collision box.
- Signs no longer lose their text client-side on servers.
- This change occurred between the 1.4.4 pre-release and the full release of 1.4.4.
- – "Players and mobs do not die from great heights in shallow water" – resolved as "Works as Intended."