Java Edition 1.16 Release Candidate 1
Minecraft 1.16 Release Candidate 1
June 18, 2020
|Release candidate for|
- The COVID-19 pandemic set of splash texts have been added to the normal set of splashes.
- Added new splashes:
- This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be!
- Honey, I grew the bees!
- Find your claw!
- Everybody do the Leif!
- <3 Max & 99 & Ducky!
- Bushy eyebrows!
- Edit is a name!
- From free range developers!
- Music by Lena Raine!
- Aww man!
- And my pickaxe!
- Envision! Create! Share!
- Fabulous graphics!
- Also try Minecraft Dungeons!
- May contain traces of citrus!
- Fixed issues with the Nether surface generation, causing issues like floating lava and crimson forests without nylium.
- Optimizing Worlds
- The progress bar when optimizing worlds are now color-coded according to the type of dimension, and the ratio is calculated according to the number of chunks to optimize for each.
- The COVID-19 pandemic set of splashes no longer overwrite the normal ones.
- Removed some splashes:
- Down with O.P.P.!
- Lewd with two dudes with food!
- Switches and ores!
- Huge tracts of land!
- Totally forgot about Dre!
- Popping tags!
- Getting ready to show!
- Getting ready to know!
- Getting ready to drop!
- Getting ready to shock!
- Getting ready to freak!
- Getting ready to speak!
- 16 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-59540 – Creating superflat world without layers causes to get "Classic Flat".
- MC-86197 – Shield blocking happens even while eating.
- MC-88901 – Blocking with Shield, and getting hit causes visual bug.
- MC-109121 – 2×2 jungle and spruce trees do not grow from the lowest layer.
- MC-117312 – Hover and click events are at wrong position for right-to-left languages.
- MC-135333 – Open fence gates still block players in water.
- MC-150543 – Using a stonecutter can sometimes crash the game in certain circumstances.
- MC-152934 – Water and lava disappear when dispensed through a dispenser at build limit.
- MC-164224 – Non updated lava layers that rarely generate in Nether wastes, crimson forests, and warped forests.
- MC-164569 – Random "Block Broken" in jungle.
- MC-166921 – Incorrect bow animation when eating.
- MC-166959 – Cannot trade with villager after clicking on them while holding a written book.
- MC-174790 – Mob on turtle eggs causes the game to crash.
- MC-175634 – Fishing line disconnects while drinking.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-181833 – Crash on world startup after playing world in 20w18a.
- MC-187423 – Ender pearls sometimes won't work with end gateways.
Video made by slicedlime:
- This is the first release candidate since RC2 for 1.0.0.
- The time between the last release candidate (RC2) and this one is 8 years, 7 months and 5 days (3140 days).
- The splash "This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be!" is a reference to Monty Python's Flying Circus "Dead Parrot Sketch".
- The splash "Honey, I grew the bees!" is a reference to the 1989 film Honey, I Shrunk the Kids as well as the size of the bee mob added in 1.15.
- The splash "From free range developers!" is a reference to the "From free-range hens" phrase seen on egg boxes.
- The splash "Music by Lena Raine!" is a reference to the new music tracks added in 1.16, made by Lena Raine.
- The splash "Aww man!" is a reference to the "Creeper, aww man" meme, originating from CaptainSparklez' Minecraft parody song, Revenge.
- The splash "#minecraftfarms" is a hashtag Felix Jones wanted to get trending.
- "Minecraft 1.16 Release Candidate 1" – Minecraft.net, June 18, 2020
- ""Revenge" - A Minecraft Parody of Usher's DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love (Music Video)" – CaptainSparklez on YouTube, August 19, 2011
- "#minecraftfarms" – @xilefian, June 8, 2020; "just trying to get the hashtag trending" – @xilefian, June 8, 2020.