Java Edition 1.16 Pre-release 8
June 17, 2020
- 26 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-77176 – When retracted by sticky piston, activated detector rails do not update their orientation.
- MC-77820 – Ender dragon death light glitch/bug.
- MC-82995 – Blocking with two shields in 3rd person mode.
- MC-114030 – Structure blocks take and apply NBT data of entities and tile entities directly instead of a copy when loading and saving structures.
- MC-127971 – Trying to throw a trident while having a shield or bow equipped will make the trident appear backwards in your hand.
- MC-147625 – Ender dragon tries to regenerate from destroyed ender crystals.
- MC-149799 – When a crossbow is loaded and in the offhand, you do not see it anymore if you carry an item in the main hand.
- MC-153483 – When swapping tridents between hands the trident being held does not swap visually, it just flips backwards.
- MC-159820 – 3rd person reverse trident bug.
- MC-177873 – Trident and shield holding model is activated as you use an item with a right click function in another hand.
- MC-178572 – Using a shield triggers model for other poses if respective item is held in the other hand.
- MC-179309 – Trident animates backwards while eating.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-185282 – Debug worlds start generating normal Overworld terrain after reentering world.
- MC-187953 – Adding items to
#minecraft:small_flowersitem tag and feeding them to brown mooshrooms crashes the game.
- MC-188746 – Not selecting a biome for the Floating Islands world type generates an empty world.
- MC-188859 – Incorrect throwing animation for tridents.
- MC-189007 – When entering or leaving swimming mode both arms now move in parallel instead of symmetrically.
- MC-189782 – Large ferns only drop one small fern when harvested.
- MC-189858 – Leads can disappear when transporting a mob through a Nether portal.
- MC-189937 – Saddled pigs accumulate speed when ridden in water.
- MC-189970 – Selected worlds using keyboard nav does not enable world-specific options such as Play, Edit, Delete, and Re-Create.
- MC-189973 –
ClassCastExceptionwhen bee with passenger flies through village at night.
- MC-190005 – Piglins can spawn with gear with too many enchantments, including multiple enchantments of the same type.
- MC-190036 – Passive mobs do not spawn in the Floating Islands world type.
- From the previous development version
- MC-190124 – Grass decays too quickly when covered in water.
- MC-190166 – Game crashes when burning a tree in a custom dimension:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception while ticking.
Video made by slicedlime:
In the launcher the introduction of this version’s patch note is “Squish, squash is the sound bugs make when you squish them. Or was it squash them? Anyway, here’s pre-release 8 with more bug fixes.”
- "Minecraft 1.16 Pre-Release 8" – Minecraft.net, June 17, 2020