The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.16 Release Candidate 1
June 18, 2020
|Release candidate for|
- The COVID-19 pandemic set of splash texts have been added to the normal set of splashes.
- Added new splashes:
- This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be!
- Honey, I grew the bees!
- Find your claw!
- Everybody do the Leif!
- <3 Max & 99 & Ducky!
- Bushy eyebrows!
- Edit is a name!
- From free range developers!
- Music by Lena Raine!
- Aww man!
- And my pickaxe!
- Envision! Create! Share!
- Fabulous graphics!
- Also try Minecraft Dungeons!
- May contain traces of citrus!
- Fixed issues with the Nether surface generation, causing issues like floating lava and crimson forests without nylium.
- Optimizing Worlds
- The progress bar when optimizing worlds are now color-coded according to the type of dimension, and the ratio is calculated according to the number of chunks to optimize for each.
- The COVID-19 pandemic set of splashes no longer overwrite the normal ones.
- Removed some splashes:
- Down with O.P.P.!
- Lewd with two dudes with food!
- Switches and ores!
- Huge tracts of land!
- Totally forgot about Dre!
- Popping tags!
- Getting ready to show!
- Getting ready to know!
- Getting ready to drop!
- Getting ready to shock!
- Getting ready to freak!
- Getting ready to speak!
- 16 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-59540 – Creating superflat world without layers causes to get "Classic Flat".
- MC-86197 – Shield blocking happens even while eating.
- MC-88901 – Blocking with Shield, and getting hit causes visual bug.
- MC-109121 – 2×2 jungle and spruce trees do not grow from the lowest layer.
- MC-117312 – Hover and click events are at wrong position for right-to-left languages.
- MC-135333 – Open fence gates still block players in water.
- MC-150543 – Using a stonecutter can sometimes crash the game in certain circumstances.
- MC-152934 – Water and lava disappear when dispensed through a dispenser at build limit.
- MC-164224 – Non updated lava layers that rarely generate in Nether wastes, crimson forests, and warped forests.
- MC-164569 – Random "Block Broken" in jungle.
- MC-166921 – Incorrect bow animation when eating.
- MC-166959 – Cannot trade with villager after clicking on them while holding a written book.
- MC-174790 – Mob on turtle eggs causes the game to crash.
- MC-175634 – Fishing line disconnects while drinking.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-181833 – Crash on world startup after playing world in 20w18a.
- MC-187423 – Ender pearls sometimes won't work with end gateways.
Video made by slicedlime:
- This is the first release candidate since RC2 for 1.0.0.
- The time between the last release candidate (RC2) and this one is 8 years, 7 months and 5 days (3140 days).
- The splash "This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be!" is a reference to Monty Python's Flying Circus "Dead Parrot Sketch".
- The splash "Honey, I grew the bees!" is a reference to the 1989 film Honey, I Shrunk the Kids as well as the size of the bee mob added in 1.15.
- The splash "From free range developers!" is a reference to the "From free-range hens" phrase seen on egg boxes.
- The splash "Music by Lena Raine!" is a reference to the new music tracks added in 1.16, made by Lena Raine.
- The splash "Aww man!" is a reference to the "Creeper, aww man" meme, originating from CaptainSparklez' Minecraft parody song, Revenge.
- The splash "#minecraftfarms" is a hashtag Felix Jones wanted to get trending.
- "Minecraft 1.16 Release Candidate 1" – Minecraft.net, June 18, 2020
- ""Revenge" - A Minecraft Parody of Usher's DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love (Music Video)" – CaptainSparklez, August 19, 2011 – via YouTube
- "#minecraftfarms" – @xilefian, June 8, 2020; "just trying to get the hashtag trending" – @xilefian, June 8, 2020.