The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.16 Pre-release 8
June 17, 2020
- 26 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-77176 – When retracted by sticky piston, activated detector rails do not update their orientation.
- MC-77820 – Ender dragon death light glitch/bug.
- MC-82995 – Blocking with two shields in 3rd person mode.
- MC-114030 – Structure blocks take and apply NBT data of entities and tile entities directly instead of a copy when loading and saving structures.
- MC-127971 – Trying to throw a trident while having a shield or bow equipped will make the trident appear backwards in your hand.
- MC-147625 – Ender dragon tries to regenerate from destroyed ender crystals.
- MC-149799 – When a crossbow is loaded and in the offhand, you do not see it anymore if you carry an item in the main hand.
- MC-153483 – When swapping tridents between hands the trident being held does not swap visually, it just flips backwards.
- MC-159820 – 3rd person reverse trident bug.
- MC-177873 – Trident and shield holding model is activated as you use an item with a right click function in another hand.
- MC-178572 – Using a shield triggers model for other poses if respective item is held in the other hand.
- MC-179309 – Trident animates backwards while eating.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-185282 – Debug worlds start generating normal Overworld terrain after reentering world.
- MC-187953 – Adding items to
#minecraft:small_flowersitem tag and feeding them to brown mooshrooms crashes the game.
- MC-188746 – Not selecting a biome for the Floating Islands world type generates an empty world.
- MC-188859 – Incorrect throwing animation for tridents.
- MC-189007 – When entering or leaving swimming mode both arms now move in parallel instead of symmetrically.
- MC-189782 – Large ferns only drop one small fern when harvested.
- MC-189858 – Leads can disappear when transporting a mob through a Nether portal.
- MC-189937 – Saddled pigs accumulate speed when ridden in water.
- MC-189970 – Selected worlds using keyboard nav does not enable world-specific options such as Play, Edit, Delete, and Re-Create.
- MC-189973 –
ClassCastExceptionwhen bee with passenger flies through village at night.
- MC-190005 – Piglins can spawn with gear with too many enchantments, including multiple enchantments of the same type.
- MC-190036 – Passive mobs do not spawn in the Floating Islands world type.
- From the previous development version
- MC-190124 – Grass decays too quickly when covered in water.
- MC-190166 – Game crashes when burning a tree in a custom dimension:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception while ticking.
Video made by slicedlime:
In the launcher the introduction of this version’s patch note is “Squish, squash is the sound bugs make when you squish them. Or was it squash them? Anyway, here’s pre-release 8 with more bug fixes.”
- "Minecraft 1.16 Pre-Release 8" – Minecraft.net, June 17, 2020