Java Edition 1.16
|Planned release date||
|Other editions of 1.16|
- Acts the same as regular fire.
- Fire lit on soul sand blocks will be blue fire regardless of dimension.
- Generates naturally in the soulsand valley biome in the Nether.
- The red fungi slightly resemble fire coral fans.
- The blue fungi appears to look like little mushrooms.
- There's a very short grass-like fungus as well which is found in Netherwart Forest Blue.
- Generates in both netherwart forest biomes.
- Resembles hay bale's side texture.
- Emits a redstone signal when shot with an arrow.
- Signal is stronger depending on how close the arrow is to the center of the block.
- At least two new types of mushroom will be added to the netherwart forests.
- One is teal with orange spots and the other is pinkish-red.
- A variation of the nether wart block.
- Generates in the blue netherwart forest.
- Veiny looking blocks that comprise trunks in the netherwart forest
- Red and blue variants
- In clips of the soulsand valley, blocks with a similar color scheme to soul sand can be seen, alongside conventional soul sand.
- These blocks can be seen with blue fire atop them, confirming their relationship to conventional soul sand.
- A light-emitting block which closely resembles glowstone can also be seen.
- Appears to correspond to the spots seen on new mushrooms, due to how it appears as part of large fungal structures in the netherwart forest.
- This unidentifiable block makes up speleothems.
- Appears to be two variants.
- One generates the majority of the speleothems, the other generates at the top and bottom of the speleothem.
- Spawn eggs
- "Piglin" spawn egg.
- "Piglin Beast" spawn egg.
- Found in the Nether.
- Are naturally hostile towards the player, unless the player is wearing gold armor.
- Can spawn wielding gold swords or crossbows.
- Will be able to barter with the player.
- Will attack wither skeletons and the new piglin beast.
- Piglin beasts
- Found in the Nether.
- Are naturally hostile towards the player.
- Appear to have a higher melee range than most mobs.
- Can be bred and used as a source of food in the Nether.
- Appear to drop raw beef, though this is likely a placeholder.
- Name is not yet finalized and will be decided on by the community.
- The Nether will get at least three new biomes:
- Fortifications built by piglins that are found in the Nether.
- Nether Trees
- Trees resembling the new mushrooms that generate in netherwart forests.
- Floor to ceiling speleothems that generate in soulsand valleys made out of a new block.
- Will be renamed to zombified piglins.
- Players will be able to respawn in the Nether.
- How is currently unknown.
- May get functionality, it was mentioned during the development of Village & Pillage, the theme prior to the Nether Update, that it would be added in "...the next major themed update..."
MINECON Live 2019
- "Everything We Announced At MINECON Live 2019" – Minecraft.net, September 28, 2019
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w40a" – Minecraft.net, October 2, 2019