Java Edition 1.15 Pre-Release 2
Minecraft 1.15 Pre-Release 2
November 25, 2019
- Added new
- Now suffocates mobs.
- Upgraded data pack version to 5.
- Chunk loading performance calculations were tweaked.
- Changed appearance of highlighted buttons used in menu screen and similar UIs.
- Highlighted buttons now have white text on them instead of yellow.
- The outline and inside area of highlighted buttons now have slightly higher contrast to each other by having reduced brightness of the inside area and not changing the white color of the outline.
- Now generate in giant tree taiga biomes.
- 37 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.15
- MC-19413 – Horses try to "finish" pathfinding when interrupted by a player riding it.
- MC-33285 – Summoning slimes with custom
maxHealthattributes does not work.
- MC-83003 – Barrier particles are not visible if the barrier block is in the off-hand.
- MC-83051 – Spectral arrows, potion arrows, and Channeling tridents apply effects to endermen.
- MC-94421 – Shooting an enderman with a bow and arrow or trident will play arrow or trident collision sounds and subtitles.
- MC-94491 – Pressing Esc in world settings returns to the main menu instead of the world list.
- MC-112850 – Items with an empty
AttributeModifiertag spam the console.
- MC-122135 – Several GUIs are not closed when pressing Esc.
- MC-124280 – Using fire charges on TNT in Creative mode consumes the fire charge.
- MC-129781 – A trident will hit the ground after hitting an enderman.
- MC-133348 – Wrong position of elder guardian effect while swimming.
- MC-140825 – Structure palette variant selection looks faulty.
- MC-144608 – Reloading a shader with modified vert/frag files will not update it.
- MC-147865 – The elder guardian particle is displayed too high, over the player's head.
- MC-149928 – Soul sand can not suffocate mobs.
- MC-155591 – Foxes can spawn in the giant spruce taiga, but not in the giant tree taiga.
- MC-157212 – Trusted fox hostile AI seems to be broken; foxes only defend players from mobs that shoot arrows, but ignore mobs that use melee attacks or projectile entities that are not arrows.
- MC-162531 – The player sneaks while sleeping if there is a lantern two blocks above the bed.
- MC-166590 – Sweet berry bushes do not generate in any type of giant tree taiga biomes.
- From the 1.15 development versions
- MC-163234 – Flying near the top of honey blocks or soul sand in Creative slows down flight speed.
- MC-163411 – All entities but players and items do not produce particles when sliding down honey blocks.
- MC-163665 – Cooldown overlay is solid white.
- MC-163776 – Items thrown at the side of a honey block will keep their horizontal trajectory despite slower speed.
- MC-163942 – Name tag in mini horse inventory model does not billboard properly.
- MC-164163 – Glowing mobs stop glowing when invisible.
- MC-164305 – Elder guardian particle is no longer transparent.
- MC-164368 – Traveling back from the Nether creates a new portal in a random location.
- MC-164706 – The Nausea effect makes the breaking animation render incorrectly.
- MC-165242 – Hand animation is shown when trying to use a fire charge in water.
- MC-165515 – Smooth lighting does not work for beds and double chests.
- MC-165547 – Lighting of player and entities changes with the nausea effect.
- MC-165586 – Creeper and lit TNT flashing is different than before.
- MC-165750 – Falling sand drop with half in the air because of the ID box.
- From the previous development version
- MC-165959 – Incorrectly sized textures cause mipmap levels to drop.
- MC-166004 – Getting too close to an end gateway causes the game to crash.
- MC-166068 – Default texture of
minecraft:entity/conduit/open_eyecauses mipmap level to drop from 4 to 3 when using the Programmer Art texture pack.
- MC-166097 – The maximum height of 1×1 jungle tree is 10 instead of 12.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unlike the surrounding pre-releases, the "r" in the word "pre-release" is capitalized, like how it was in 1.14.x pre-releases.
- "Minecraft 1.15 Pre-Release 2" – Minecraft.net, November 25, 2019
- "Forgot to add to the changelog of 1.15-pre2 that berry bushes and foxes should appear in /every/ taiga biome variant now!" – @cojomax99, November 27, 2019