This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here; if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
1.14.2 Pre-Release 3
The third pre-release for 1.14.2 is set to release on May 22, 2019.
1.15 is an upcoming major update with no set release date. The theme for this update is currently unknown and will be announced at MINECON Live 2019, but it will not be a cave update. This update will also add functionality to smithing tables and fletching tables.
Some future plans beyond 1.14 include a revisit of combat, a revisit of gameplay mechanics (including combat), a new "Super Fancy" graphics setting, and new savanna and desert features (which were shown before MINECON Earth 2018), namely palm and baobab trees, ostriches, termites, and meerkats. It is not announced yet which major update will focus on which of these.
1.12.0 is an upcoming major update for Bedrock Edition with an unknown release date. This update has no official theme but adds many new customizable features such as custom biomes, blocks and items.
The 4K Update is an upcoming aesthetic update for Bedrock Edition with no set release date. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
The update is delayed and will not be coming out anytime soon due to some internal issues.
|— Tamer Jeison|
PlayStation 4 inclusion
Bedrock Edition is planned to come to PlayStation 4 "at some point".
PlayStation 4 Edition
The following are planned to be added to the PlayStation 4 Edition at a later date:
- World generation
- "Minecraft Java Edition 1.14.1" – Minecraft.net, May 13, 2019
- "Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 2" – Minecraft.net, May 17, 2019
- "#minecraft – Official Minecraft Discord" by HelenAngel. "I can’t say what the next update is except that it is NOT a cave update"
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w11b" – Minecraft.net
- "Well we could not record this morning but I will do a summary about the conference we had with the Mojang guys. They already have a brief roadmap for 1.14, 1.15 and 1.16 with an update focused on gameplay mechanics (but not redstone) and one about pvp." – @aypierremc, May 30, 2018
- "There will be a new grafics setting in Minecraft. There will be a "fancy" and "super fancy" setting. Also the combat system will get an overhaul." – @docm77
- "Fans of foxes on Bedrock - we know you're super excited about foxes and we are too! The earliest we will be able to get them in will be 1.13 as the team has been focusing their time on improving performance and stability on the variety of devices we support. Pls hold tight! <3" – @chupacaubrey, April 17, 2019
- "Note that I said 1.13 *at the earliest*. That's not guaranteeing they will be in that particular release." – @chupacaubrey, April 17, 2019
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
- "Happy 7th birthday Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition!" – @4JStudios, May 9, 2019
|Legacy Console Edition|