Java Edition 1.14.4
July 19, 2019
1.14.4 is a minor update to Java Edition released on July 19, 2019, which made minor changes to villagers and server permissions, and fixed many bugs left over from 1.14.3. It is not compatible with 1.14.3 servers.
function-permission-levelto server.properties which controls which permission levels functions have.
- Added "Ping the human!"
- Changed arm texture.
- Now voluntarily pick up items.
- Trades can now be completed more times before locking.
- Will now remember their gossip after becoming a zombie villager.
- Gossip about players who converted a zombie villager will now last longer.
- Can now work without also restocking at the same time.
- This has no effect other than playing the work sound.
- Improved performance of villager pathfinding.
- Removed the camera pivot offset when in first-person view.
- Re-integrated Realms code into the client, in package com.mojang.realmsclient.dto.
- Re-added Realms assets to the client.
- Improved general performance.
- Improved leaf rendering performance.
- Improved chunk loading when traveling at high speeds.
- Removed the "Player Activity" button from the Realms screen.
- 54 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-100946 – Bow with mending undraws when receiving XP while drawn.
- MC-113968 – Zombies of village siege spawn despite gamerule
- MC-113970 – Zombies of village siege do not spawn centered on a block.
- MC-134811 – Undead mobs bob up and down in waterlogged slabs.
- MC-134964 –
Unexpected error: java.util.NoSuchElementException.
- MC-136318 – Floatable mobs are unable to walk when in waterlogged blocks.
- MC-142037 –
java.lang.NullPointerException: Initializing game.
- From 1.14
- MC-143886 – Acacia leaves render improperly from a distance.
- MC-145769 – Villagers are not shutting doors behind them.
- MC-146289 – Farmer villagers do not stop to pick up their crops.
- MC-147844 – Pillagers do not pathfind around obstacles and out of water.
- MC-148539 – Villagers stuck pathfinding to long destroyed bed[note 1]
- MC-148613 – Aquatic mobs are not spawning./Fish spawned from buckets count towards the aquatic mob cap again.
- MC-149018 – High idle CPU usage on server.
- MC-149880 – Villager trades wrong book.
- MC-150623 –
The game crashed whilst rendering overlay: Unable to fit texture.
- MC-156349 – Cannot press Enter on direct connect.
- From 1.14.1
- MC-151150 – Entities (villagers) cause massive lag when attempting to pathfind.
- MC-151282 – Villager trade GUI does not show the correct price on servers if trade demand is high.
- MC-151376 – Villagers are not pathfinding towards their POI; POI detection range is too small.
- MC-151810 – Mobs do not try to avoid fall damage anymore.
- MC-152094 – End city/end ship generation gets cut at chunk borders sometimes.
- MC-152908 – When a player joins a server, everything that happened during the time offline queued on connecting to the server.
- From 1.14.2
- MC-153498 – Cyrillic letter
Єis not included in the Minecraft font.
- MC-153665 – Full villager inventory creates invisible items.
- MC-153712 – Java using 100–200% CPU in macOS.
- MC-153749 – Trusting foxes attack player when self-injured.
- MC-153852 – Concrete powder deleting waterlogged blocks when falling.
- MC-154668 – Invalid characters crash the game in jigsaw block input upon pressing enter.
- MC-154830 – All wall signs use oak color on maps.
- From 1.14.3
- MC-153766 – Rabbits no longer need sand/grass in order to spawn in deserts/tundras.
- MC-153892 – Mending slows down breaking blocks.
- MC-154019 – Beacon deactivate sound not sounds when you break the base.
- MC-154031 – Villagers give away all food if they want to share it.
- MC-154068 – Parrots occasionally disappearing when taken from a boat.
- MC-154201 – Trying to trade with villager immediately closes trading menu for some villagers.
- MC-154271 – Rolling shutter issue on macOS.
- MC-154362 – Crossbow has to reload when mending takes place.
- MC-154509 – Bashkir letters
ҫare not included in the Minecraft font.
- MC-155092 – Zombie sieges can happen on mushroom islands.
- MC-155104 – When closing a menu while moving the mouse, the screen will move in that direction.
- MC-155147 – Mouse acceleration issue.
- MC-155172 – Hostile wolf AI has been broken: wolves can no longer attack enemies efficiently.
- MC-155238 – Villagers picking up workstation through wall.
- MC-155345 –
ConcurrentModificationExceptionwhen a player leaves an active raid.
- MC-155571 – Silverfish and endermite spawners no longer functioning.
- MC-156013 – Breaking blocks "re-appear" to nudge player.
- MC-156389 – Game crashes when pressing ⇧ Shift + ⌘ Command + Delete to remove 18 characters at once on an anvil.
- MC-156395 – Villagers use job site blocks already in use.
- Private issues
- MC-143755 – Arbitrary score/selector/NBT resolution using lectern without operator rights.
- MC-152636 – Killing a zombie right as it converts into a drowned will drop the loot from zombie while still converting into a drowned.
- MC-153406 – Score JSON component crash in items.
- MC-154214 – Chunks refusing to unload due to incorrect player ticket additions.
- MC-155711 – Functions capable of running commands they should not be able to (publish, debug …).
Video made by slicedlime:
- 1.14.4 is the first time an update has had a fourth minor revision since 1.9.4, with 1.10 through 1.13 only having two minor revisions.
- 1.14.4, along with 1.8.2, has the most pre-releases of a minor version, at a total of 7 pre-releases.
- 1.14.4 is the third time a minor version has had a greater number of pre-releases than its major version (1.14), with the other times being 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 of 1.8.
- This change occurred between the last pre-release for 1.14.4 (1.14.4-pre7) and the full release of 1.14.4.