Java Edition 1.14.2/Development versions
- 1 1.14.2 Pre-Release 1
- 2 1.14.2 Pre-Release 2
- 3 1.14.2 Pre-Release 3
- 4 1.14.2 Pre-Release 4
- 5 Notes and references
This is a list of Java Edition 1.14.2 development versions.
- Flaming arrows can no longer light waterlogged campfires.
- Can now spawn on grass blocks instead of only tall grass.
- Raiders now only spawn in fully loaded chunks.
- Now contains a server-side chunk count.
- 26 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-16883 – Villagers play the trade sound multiple times overlapping on shift-click.
- MC-88301 – Ender Dragon Breath freezes server when under or above the world
- MC-90423 – Ender Dragon makes breath attack at highest block placed in the center column of the portal.
- MC-140174 – No item pickup sound when a villager picks up an item.
- From 1.14
- MC-145730 – Iron golem does not attack players when hitting villagers.
- MC-147431 – Max item stack amount can be skipped using new villager trades menu.
- MC-148064 – "Ghost" end crystals stay behind after destruction on ender dragon respawns.
- MC-148073 – Beacon beam doesn't have the correct color if the colored glass is not directly on top of the beacon.
- MC-148626 – Shulker boxes lose their names.
- MC-148677 – Mobs do not spawn on soul sand.
- MC-148805 – Breaking an empty shulker box in creative mode causes it to drop itself.
- MC-148847 – Guardian zapping noise is looped when played.
- MC-149225 – The game crashes immediately after selecting and starting a world on Mac OS Mojave, caused by libobjc.A.dylib
- MC-149511 – No sounds for villagers planting crops.
- MC-149865 – Raiders get stuck in unloaded chunks if the render distance is too low.
- MC-149993 – Cut sandstone slabs are not part of the slabs block tag.
- MC-150170 – Animals, villagers, item frames, armor stands, etc are disappearing.
- MC-150414 – Constructing and placing a beacon does not give the advancement.
- MC-150969 – The wither is attacking undead mobs.
- From 1.14.1
- MC-151047 – Trader llamas immediately disappear when spawned with a spawn egg.
- MC-151062 – Grindstoning an enchanted book without a custom name names the new (unenchanted) book "Enchanted Book".
- MC-151213 – Observers don't trigger twice when chained and moved
- MC-151329 – Major FPS drop after running a mob farm for 30 minutes.
- MC-151365 – Flaming arrows can light waterlogged campfires.
- MC-151418 – Observers don't update redstone properly.
- MC-151674 – RegionFiles are not closed when they are evicted from cache.
- Added a default Vietnamese font.
- Changed a character in default Armenian font.
- Added missing glyphs in default Hebrew and Armenian fonts.
- Added Runic alphabet to the default font.
- 3 issues fixed
- From 1.14
- MC-148627 – Swimming up to a ceiling makes the player crouch.
- MC-148898 – Hebrew letters are not assigned to their correct textures.
- MC-151227 – Missing Armenian characters.
- Error messages
- Errors encountered while loading regions now print more diagnostics to the log file.
- 7 issues fixed
- From 1.14
- MC-142134 – Light sources are spontaneously not working in some chunks.
- MC-148933 – The player cannot swim while sneaking.
- MC-149111 – When hovering over a world that needs to be updated, the game calls the current version a snapshot even if it is a release.
- MC-149916 – Teleporting long distances on servers causes you to clip into the ground.
- MC-150501 – Some Hebrew letters are not included in the Minecraft font.
- From the previous development version
- MC-152141 – Vietnamese alphabet is not fully supported by Minecraft font.
- MC-152272 – Server stops responding after log out error.
- All light will now be re-calculated the first time a world saved in a previous version is opened.
- Re-upload: Removed "Woo, minecraftforum!" as the forum announced it would soon be shutting down.
- 1 issue fixed
- From 1.14
- MC-147715 – Entities clip through blocks after traveling through an end gateway.
1.14.2 Pre-Release 4 was reuploaded on May 27, 2019, to remove the splash text "Woo, minecraftforum!", because the forum announced they would be shutting down, although this announcement was later retracted.
Notes and references
- "Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 1" – Minecraft.net, May 16, 2019
- "Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 2" – Minecraft.net, May 17, 2019
- "Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 3" – Minecraft.net, May 22, 2019
- "Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 4" – Minecraft.net, May 24, 2019
- Difference between the splashes.txt of both the original and reupload via DiffChecker.com
- "Important Minecraft Forum Announcement" (archived) – Minecraft Forum, May 21, 2019.