The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.14.2
May 27, 2019
- Added a default Vietnamese font.
- Changed a character in default Armenian font.
- Added missing glyphs in the default Hebrew and Armenian fonts.
- Added Runic alphabet to the default font.
- Flaming arrows can no longer light waterlogged campfires.
- Empty shulker boxes will no longer drop themselves when destroyed in Creative mode.
- Raiders now only spawn in fully loaded chunks.
- Now contains a server-side chunk count.
- Error messages
- Errors encountered while loading regions now print more diagnostics to the log file.
- All light will now be re-calculated the first time a world saved in a previous version is opened in this version.
- Removed "Woo, minecraftforum!" as the forum announced it would soon be archiving.
- 35 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-16883 – Villagers play the trade sound multiple times overlapping on shift-click.
- MC-88301 – Ender Dragon Breath freezes server when under or above the world.
- MC-90423 – Ender Dragon makes breath attack at highest block placed in the center column of the portal.
- MC-140174 – No item pickup sound when a villager picks up an item.
- From 1.14
- MC-142134 – Light sources spontaneously not working in some chunks.
- MC-145730 – Iron golem does not attack players when hitting villagers.
- MC-147431 – Max item stack amount can be skipped using new villager trades menu.
- MC-147715 – Entities clip through blocks after traveling through an end gateway.
- MC-148064 – "Ghost" end crystals stay behind after destruction on ender dragon respawns.
- MC-148073 – Beacon beam doesn't have the correct color if the colored glass is not directly on top of the beacon.
- MC-148626 – Shulker boxes lose their names.
- MC-148627 – Swimming up to a ceiling makes the player crouch.
- MC-148677 – Mobs do not spawn on soul sand.
- MC-148805 – Breaking an empty shulker box in creative mode causes it to drop itself.
- MC-148847 – Guardian zapping noise is looped when played.
- MC-148898 – Hebrew letters aren't assigned to their correct textures.
- MC-148933 – The player cannot swim while sneaking.
- MC-149111 – When hovering over a world that needs to be updated, the game calls the current version a snapshot even if it is a release.
- MC-149225 – The game crashes immediately after selecting and starting a world on Mac OS Mojave, caused by
- MC-149511 – No sounds for villagers planting crops.
- MC-149865 – Raiders get stuck in unloaded chunks if the render distance is too low.
- MC-149916 – Teleporting long distances on servers causes you to clip into the ground.
- MC-149993 – Cut sandstone slabs are not part of the slabs block tag.
- MC-150170 – Animals, villagers, item frames, armor stands, etc are disappearing.
- MC-150414 – Constructing and placing a beacon does not give the advancement.
- MC-150501 – Some Hebrew letters are not included in the Minecraft font.
- MC-150969 – The wither is attacking undead mobs.
- MC-151227 – Missing Armenian characters.
- From 1.14.1
- MC-151047 – Trader llamas immediately disappear when spawned with a spawn egg.
- MC-151062 – Grindstoning an enchanted book without a custom name names the new (unenchanted) book "Enchanted Book".
- MC-151213 – Observers don't trigger twice when chained and moved.
- MC-151329 – Major FPS drop after running a mob farm for 30 minutes.
- MC-151365 – Flaming arrows can light waterlogged campfires.
- MC-151418 – Observers do not update redstone properly.
- MC-151674 – RegionFiles are not closed when they are evicted from cache.
Video made by Slicedlime:
- 1.14.2 was originally set to release in the week of May 20–26, 2019, but was pushed back to address further issues.