Java Edition 1.13-pre8
July 13, 2018
/team modify <team> displayName
/scoreboard objectives modify <objective> rendertype hearts
/scoreboard objectives modify <objective> rendertype integer
- Makes health bars display as yellow numbers, like this: 12.
- Added the block tag
- Added the block tag
impermeable. Blocks in the tag are prevented from showing dripping liquid particles. By default, the tag contains glass and all stained glass blocks.
- Re-added the "Force Unicode Font" option to the language section.
- Added the "Truly gone fishing!" splash.
- Can now be placed on top of blocks.
- Can now be placed in air.
- Unless adjacent to water, they will turn into dead coral fans after a short moment.
<variant>_coral_fanblocks, which are coral fans placed on top of blocks.
- Mobs can now stand in the most shallow form of flowing water.
- Team names and objective names are now text components, not raw strings.
/team optionis now
- Added a new block tag to prevent all solid glass blocks from showing dripping liquid particles. See Tags.
- 28 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.13
- MC-60995 – Maps inconsistent over restarts.
- MC-68565 – Monsters spawn at daytime at y=256 and don't burn.
- MC-88632 – Unable to open command blocks & no particles when opening to LAN.
- MC-109958 – Shulkers teleport (and stay) below Y:0.
- From the 1.13 development versions
- MC-123265 – Spectator mode tooltips not showing.
- MC-123447 – Skin not visible in spectator mode GUI.
- MC-124955 – Bottoms of large ferns and tall grass are generating in place of regular ferns and grass in taiga biomes.
- MC-128858 – Distance given by
- MC-129169 – Coral fan lacks death variants.
- MC-129853 – Team and objective names cannot be in JSON.
- MC-130018 – Re-creating a Customized world on 1.13 allows it to show up as a world customization option
- MC-132123 – Lighting for broken block not updated.
- MC-132174 – Tier 4 beacons will not give regeneration effect.
- MC-132466 – No enum constant bfz - loading and saving 1.12.2 chunks.
- MC-132603 – Bark recipes are not upgraded.
- MC-132635 – Placing blocks with off-hand while main hand empty not possible.
- MC-132639 – New version of unicode font has some weird characters.
- MC-132649 – "Force unicode fonts" option doesn't appear in the language menu.
- MC-132695 – Some bold characters have either extra or lack of pixels.
- MC-132835 – The right "tail" of the capital ß (ẞ) seems to be a few pixels too long.
- MC-133030 – Subtitle
subtitles.entity.parrot.imitate.phantommissing translation string.
- MC-133157 – Sprinting in shallow water using ctrl will change FOV back and forth.
- MC-133198 – Redstone doesn't change direction when connected downward.
- MC-133214 – Sticky pistons pull glazed teracotta.
- From the previous development version
- MC-133216 – Water dripping from transparent blocks.
- MC-133233 – Sticky pistons do not update blocks they cannot pull.
- MC-133277 – Texts sometimes error if the language is Chinese.
- MC-133325 – Double chests becoming invisible or separating with redstone.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.13 pre-release 8" – Minecraft.net, July 13, 2018