The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.12.2
September 18, 2017
1.12.2 is a minor update for Minecraft (Java Edition) that was released on September 18, 2017. It is not compatible with 1.12 and 1.12.1 servers. This is the first version of the Java version (originally called just Minecraft) to display the new official title, Minecraft: Java Edition.
- Changed the menu screen logo to have the subtitle "Java Edition ". This subtitle is a separate texture.
- 12 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.12
- MC-15152 – Standing in a nether portal and opening a chest will render the chest open until another chest is opened
- MC-79154 – Hoppers occasionally duplicate items (within chunks)
- MC-86850 – Ender Pearling through a nether portal in the over-world tp's you to the portals nether coordinates but in the overworld
- MC-91803 – Cave / ambiance music can play far away from the player and is not audible
- MC-104259 – Player / mob stuck on farmland while it changes to dirt
- MC-118382 – Parrots do not respawn
- MC-118976 – Landing on farmland gets you stuck in flight mode
- MC-120444 – Almost any entity inside farmland gets teleported when it turns into dirt
- MC-120593 – Items stay in crafting grid when entering nether portal
- MC-120611 – Player stuck in grass path when it changes to dirt
- From the current version, hotfixed
- MC-121292 – Error:
Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.main.Main
- Private issues
- MC-120567 – Private security issue
Video made by slicedlime:
- On April 1, 2018, all textures in 1.12.2 were temporarily replaced – they were changed to include a smaller range of colors, falsely told to be the new textures previously announced (as a joke for April Fools).
- This is the last update to have the Beta 1.7 panoramic background, as all of the subsequent updates had backgrounds related to the theme of the respective update.