Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Java Edition 1.12-pre6
May 29, 2017
- Added the ability to see credits by clicking the copyright text.
- Tab-completing command names in command blocks will no longer add a
- "Chief fess" and "base fess" banners are now just "chief" and "base" banners.
- No longer instantly explode when hit with fire charges; instead, they explode as if primed by an activator rail.
- Skipped functions (when the conditional fails) is now considered a failure (for example in command blocks).
- Many pieces of text are now translatable, where previously they were hardcoded English.
- The full list of changes can be found here.
- Optimized recipe book and Creative inventory searching, especially when using mods.
- Namespaces (e.g minecraft:stone) are no longer considered for searching.
- Optimized chunk loading, as the previous pre-release slowed it down.
- 46 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.12
- MC-12503 – Item Description is rendered behind Potion Effect Status in Inventory
- MC-40275 – Credit screen/End Poem music not playing correctly
- MC-94016 – Glass panes and iron bars connect to barrier blocks
- MC-109871 – Some advanced tooltips are not translatable
- MC-112602 – "disconnect.spam" kick message is untranslated
- MC-116489 – Unknown entity property for
entity_propertiesloot table condition causes server crash for default loot tables
- MC-116669 – Exploding TNT minecarts and ender crystals can cause
- MC-117640 – Pets (wolves, ocelots, parrots) teleport onto magma blocks
- MC-117710 – Bonus Chest setting is not copied when re-creating world
- MC-117858 – Right-clicking an item stack into the creative mode item selector destroys the whole stack
- From the 1.12 development versions
- MC-115816 – During the destruction of the beds, cracks do not appear
- MC-116479 – Parrots dismount when y coordinate decreases
- MC-116625 – Animation speed of Crafting Guide items is dependant on framerate.
- MC-116696 – Animated textures in resource packs aren't animated in advancement icons
- MC-116834 – "Showing Craftable" button shows uncraftable items of same recipe group
- MC-117004 – Narrator is toggled when typing in text fields
- MC-117125 – Narrator still crashes on linux, flite installed
- MC-117265 – Typing in search bar in recipe book displays next variant for recipes with multiple variants
- MC-117310 – gamerule gameLoopFunction does not tab complete function names
- MC-117314 – stat.craftItem is missing most items
- MC-117568 – Survival tutorial steps shown in creative mode
- MC-117584 – Converting zombie villager without ConversionPlayer set crashes server
- MC-117611 – Extreme Lag on Multiplayer Server
- MC-117627 – Moving items in inventory with open recipe book displays next variant for recipes with multiple variants
- MC-117636 – construct_beacon advancement trigger is triggered when player gets near beacon instead of when building beacon
- MC-117661 – Conditional function command only runs the function if the selection matches exactly one entity
- MC-117663 – Conditional function commands do not work inside of functions
- MC-117677 – Jumping does not increase progress in tutorial
- MC-117687 – Recipe Book tries to use damaged bows to craft dispensers despite this being invalid
- From the previous development version
- MC-117703 – Cannot kill invulnerable parrot with cookie in Creative mode
- MC-117704 – "excitedze" easter egg triggers when language is already "Pirate Speak"
- MC-117713 – skipping function triggers conditional command blocks
- MC-117714 – Clicking on dispenser recipe while only having enchanted bow in inventory places other ingredients anyways
- MC-117718 – Breeding animals without LoveCause set cause crash
- MC-117727 – @s is described as "a player in /execute" despite working for all entities
- MC-117752 – Knowledge book isn't consumed upon right-click
- MC-117785 – Clicking arrows in recipe book have no click sound
- MC-117789 – Crash: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.sun.jna.Pointer.peer from class com.sun.jna.PointerTool
- MC-117812 – Weird criteria names in certain advancements
- MC-117823 – Single-ingredient recipes cannot be stacked by repeatedly clicking on the recipe
- MC-117827 – Nonexistent (or misnamed) tipped arrow recipe
- MC-117843 – Parrots lose their Name Tag upon dismounting a player's shoulder
- MC-117854 – Fences connect to barriers
- MC-117877 – Naming Parrots, becoming unnamed.
- MC-117883 – Advancement descriptions are able to go out of the Minecraft window
- MC-117960 – Strange vines behavior
Video made by slicedlime:
- 1.12-pre6 was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- "Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 6" – Minecraft.net