Java Edition 1.1/Development versions
- 1 11w47a
- 2 11w48a
- 3 11w49a
- 4 11w50a
- 5 12w01a
- 6 References
This is a list of Java Edition 1.1 development versions.
11w47a is the first snapshot for Java Edition 1.1, released on November 24, 2011, which fixed a bug and optimized the game. 11w47a is the first snapshot released in 2011 and the first snapshot ever release for Java Edition under the new naming format.
- Subtle code optimizations.
- 1 bug fixed
- Fixed a bug with double doors where one may not open correctly.
- Farmland can now only be trampled if the player jumps/falls on it; walking no longer affects it.
- Mobs can similarly trample farmland by jumping on it, but not by walking.
- Now have a 1⁄200 chance of dropping from oak leaves.
- Void fog has been removed in Creative mode.
- 1 bug fixed
- Taiga biomes now once again contain snow and ice.
- Creative-exclusive item which can spawn the following mobs:
- Added multiple languages.
- Can now eat grass blocks and tall grass to regrow their wool.
- As a counterbalance, shearing sheep now yields 1–3 wool instead of 2–4.
- Renamed the "Save and quit to title" button to "Save and Quit to Title".
- 4 bugs fixed
- Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles.
- Corrected a
- Corrected a powered rail bug.
- Corrected a redstone update bug.
11w50a (mislabelled 11w49a) is the fourth snapshot for Java Edition 1.1, released on December 15, 2011, which adds new splashes and makes music discs obtainable able to be dropped by creepers. 11w50a is the final snapshot released in 2011.
- Added 15 new splash texts.
- Baby sheep now eat faster.
- Debug features
- Pressing B no longer changes the player's gamemode.
- Re-added beaches after being removed in Beta 1.8.
- Re-added world types after being removed in Infdev.
- Added World Type selection in the options menu.
- Currently the only types are Default and Superflat.
- Language Files
- Added 18 new translations.
- Removed 4 translations.
- Updated the fence gate collision and hit boxes to align with fences.
- Removed collision box from ladders, meaning they are no longer solid and cannot be stood on.
- Changed spawn eggs colors to better represent their respective mobs they spawn.
- Reordered spawn eggs in the creative inventory.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes.
- Added proper color transitions for the darkened swamp biomes into other biomes.
- Changed biomes to be slightly more varied, examples of which being hills in forests and deserts.
- A single chest is generated in each blacksmith building.
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds.
- Decreased randomness of enchantment tables.