We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Game developer / Author
|Also known as||
|This article is a stub.
Please help us by expanding it.
Jason Major is a member of the Minecraft Redmond studio and a developer for Minecraft Pocket Edition. He has also written a novel. He has helped program over a dozen AAA video games including NBA Live 98, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Halo 2 along with numerous others. He was born and raised in Canada but currently lives in the Seattle area with his wife and two sons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jason contributed major changes to rabbits, which were introduced with the first Pocket Edition rabbits for Alpha 0.13, and later ported to PC 1.9.
- During a game jam, Jason first came up with the stray, among a bunch of other mobs – Jeb "thought these particular ones fitted really well with what we were already planning [for 1.10]" 
- Root beer is one of his favorite drinks and he usually has some in glass bottles by his desk.
- He occasionally joins the official Minecraft livestreams and has confirmed he will be present on the livestream where the new dyeable beds will be previewed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- “My first novel is now available to nominate on Kindle Scout. By nominating you may earn a free copy from Amazon!!! https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3OHQ2ZMCKVKQU” – @argo_major, April 19, 2016
- “Good Monday! @argo_major's rabbit improvements (for MC:PE) have now been added back to MC:PC, and will be included in the next snapshot” – @jeb_, November 9, 2015
- They’re based on a concept that emerged from a game jam the Bellevue team had, where they were just adding a bunch of stuff to Minecraft - whatever they wanted. Jason Major made a bunch of cool mobs and I thought these particular ones fitted really well with what we were already planning. So we added them! – Jens Bergensten, December 16, 2016