In Minecraft, JSON format is used to store the following data:
- Text in written books, signs, custom names and the
/bossbar[Java Edition only] commands.
- The file
pack.mcmetathat describes a Java Edition resource pack and data pack[Java Edition only].
manifest.jsonthat describes a Bedrock Edition add-on
- Files in a resource pack that define models, sound events, and UI[Bedrock Edition only].
- Files in a behavior pack the define entity behaviors.
- Advancements and statistics (as
- The profile data for the Minecraft launcher (as
- Information about downloaded versions (as
- Files in a data pack that define advancements, loot tables, and tags[Java Edition only].