Mojang has an official bug tracker and does not track bugs for any editions of Minecraft on this wiki. Please use the appropriate bug tracker to report and view current bug reports.
Legacy Console: bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCCE.
For further info, see the issues notice page.
Do not delete this page, any issues currently being recorded are purely for archiving purposes.
[!!] AWT on SMP error regardless of nogui flag (same as 12w22a, issue still present even though it was marked fixed). Takes about five minutes to happen, then the server becomes unresponsive.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Why did you do that? Time: 6/7/12 5:51 AM Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions. at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1824) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1725) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993) at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.awt.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(NativeLibLoader.java:38) at sun.awt.DebugHelper.<clinit>(DebugHelper.java:29) at java.awt.Component.<clinit>(Component.java:562) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:715) at rp.a(SourceFile:223) at aax.b(SourceFile:88) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.n(SourceFile:350) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:283) at cp.run(SourceFile:452) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w23b - Operating System: Mac OS X (ppc) version 10.5.8 - Java Version: 1.5.0_30, Apple Inc. - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc. - Memory: 1017471040 bytes (970 MB) / 1061814272 bytes (1012 MB) up to 1061814272 bytes (1012 MB) - Player Count: 0 / 15;  - World ironshortage Entities: 0 total;  - World ironshortage Players: 0 total;  - World ironshortage Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
- Note, prior to 12w16a, SMP worked fine on the same platform. --Inertia
[!!] Running Minecraft SMP on OpenJava 7, the server starts then crashes after a while. Here's what happens in the console:
2012-06-07 09:49:33 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Properties cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer at bx.b(SourceFile:35) at acc.d(SourceFile:135) at acc.a(SourceFile:183) at un.a(SourceFile:1314) at agi.V(SourceFile:71) at agi.e(SourceFile:91) at yy.I_(SourceFile:436) at un.a(SourceFile:1173) at ur.a(SourceFile:379) at un.g(SourceFile:1152) at un.d(SourceFile:1078) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.o(SourceFile:367) at rp.o(SourceFile:205) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.n(SourceFile:332) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:283) at cp.run(SourceFile:452) 2012-06-07 09:49:38 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception ClassCastException java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Properties cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer at bx.b(SourceFile:35) at acc.d(SourceFile:135) at acc.a(SourceFile:183) at un.a(SourceFile:1314) at agi.V(SourceFile:71) at agi.e(SourceFile:91) at yy.I_(SourceFile:436) at un.a(SourceFile:1173) at ur.a(SourceFile:379) at un.g(SourceFile:1152) at un.d(SourceFile:1078) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.o(SourceFile:367) at rp.o(SourceFile:205) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.n(SourceFile:332) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:283) at cp.run(SourceFile:452) 2012-06-07 09:49:45 [SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: /Library/Application Support/minecraft/crash-2012-06-07_09.49.45.txt stop 2012-06-07 09:50:17 [INFO] Stopping the server 2012-06-07 09:50:17 [INFO] Stopping server 2012-06-07 09:50:17 [INFO] Saving players 2012-06-07 09:50:17 [INFO] Saving worlds 2012-06-07 09:50:17 [INFO] Saving chunks for level 'ironshortage'/[email protected] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.write(DeflaterOutputStream.java:124) at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.write(DeflaterOutputStream.java:108)# # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # Internal Error (os_bsd_zero.cpp:232), pid=80105, tid=4036046848 # Error: caught unhandled signal 10 # # JRE version: 7.0 # Java VM: OpenJDK Zero VM (17.0-b05 interpreted mode bsd-ppc ) # An error report file with more information is saved as: # /Library/Application Support/minecraft/hs_err_pid80105.log # # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit: # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp # at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeInt(DataOutputStream.java:200) at abg.a(SourceFile:19) at gb.a(SourceFile:87) at aab.a(SourceFile:20) at lz.a(SourceFile:26) at gb.a(SourceFile:87) at aab.a(SourceFile:20) at gb.a(SourceFile:87) at aab.a(SourceFile:20) at gb.a(SourceFile:87) at bd.a(SourceFile:81) at aeb.a(SourceFile:137) at aeb.a(SourceFile:126) at cm.b(SourceFile:29) at cm.run(SourceFile:22) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:717) Abort trap
And here is the crash report:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Oops. Time: 6/7/12 9:49 AM Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Properties cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer at bx.b(SourceFile:35) at acc.d(SourceFile:135) at acc.a(SourceFile:183) at un.a(SourceFile:1314) at agi.V(SourceFile:71) at agi.e(SourceFile:91) at yy.I_(SourceFile:436) at un.a(SourceFile:1173) at ur.a(SourceFile:379) at un.g(SourceFile:1152) at un.d(SourceFile:1078) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.o(SourceFile:367) at rp.o(SourceFile:205) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.n(SourceFile:332) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:283) at cp.run(SourceFile:452) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w23b - Operating System: Darwin (ppc) version 9.8.0 - Java Version: 1.7.0-internal, Sun Microsystems Inc. - Java VM Version: OpenJDK Zero VM (interpreted mode), Sun Microsystems Inc. - Memory: 546112616 bytes (520 MB) / 2104557568 bytes (2007 MB) up to 2104557568 bytes (2007 MB) - Player Count: 0 / 15;  - World ironshortage Entities: 0 total;  - World ironshortage Players: 0 total;  - World ironshortage Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
[!!] Freeze followed by crash sometimes when many pistons are triggered simultaneously. Tested in singleplayer survival, openjdk 1.7.0_04, arch linux x86_64. No crash report, but the relevant console output is below 126.96.36.199 12:49, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6 at xi.a(SourceFile:68) at th.d(SourceFile:480) at aaw.a(SourceFile:3359) at aaw.q(SourceFile:3200) at aaw.c(SourceFile:872) at aaw.b(SourceFile:100) at ee.a(SourceFile:159) at r.a(SourceFile:1136) at oy.a(SourceFile:795) at oy.b(SourceFile:687) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.D(SourceFile:606) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:525) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) Stopping!
[!!] If you die in hardcore mode, and click the 'delete world' button, the game crashes. --188.8.131.52
- You have to keep the window open a while, but after about ten seconds they appear in the .minecraft directory. Below is the report I get after dieing in hardcore. --Mattrition 21:02, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear! Time: 09/06/12 22:00 Description: Unexpected error java.lang.NullPointerException at akf.c(SourceFile:81) at mf.c(SourceFile:57) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1323) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.D(SourceFile:577) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:525) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w23b - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1 - Java Version: 1.7.0_04, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 505669088 bytes (482 MB) / 605618176 bytes (577 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB) - LWJGL: 2.4.2 - OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series GL version 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
- Oh ok, didn't know about that. --184.108.40.206
[!!] When kicked from a server (whether through /kick or End of Stream) the client crashes and the screen remains black.
- My crash report is below. Seems to be the exact same issue that causes crash after dieing in hardcore mode (the issue above) --Mattrition 21:14, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // I blame Dinnerbone. Time: 09/06/12 22:11 Description: Unexpected error java.lang.NullPointerException at akf.c(SourceFile:81) at mf.c(SourceFile:57) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1323) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.D(SourceFile:577) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:525) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w23b - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1 - Java Version: 1.7.0_04, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 414539960 bytes (395 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB) - LWJGL: 2.4.2 - OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series GL version 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
[!!] [SP] Spamming while in a bed crashes minecraft with no report (tried Singleplayer)
- I suspect this is the same error as the one found when being kicked or dying in hardcore mode, but I can't get the server to kick me for spamming so I don't know. --Mattrition 21:15, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Tried in Singleplayer. Went to bed and started spamming massively, but nothing happened. --220.127.116.11
- I have also tried to reproduce this with no result in both single and multiplayer. --CodeNinja84 11:14, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
[!!] (Seldom) crash when maximizing the window with F11 just after starting Minecraft. No crash report except "Java doesn't work anymore". Seen with Java 6U31 64bit and 7U4 / Windows 7 64bit. --Kumasasa 16:55, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Upon reproducing, I received a crash report. (Tested in single player) --18.104.22.168 22:44, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear! Time: 6/9/12 2:56 PM Description: Unexpected error java.lang.NullPointerException at ok.a(SourceFile:41) at aba.a(SourceFile:64) at aba.f(SourceFile:112) at aba.i(SourceFile:100) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1139) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.D(SourceFile:577) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:525) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w23b - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1 - Java Version: 1.7.0_04, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 309825248 bytes (295 MB) / 507510784 bytes (484 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB) - LWJGL: 2.4.2 - OpenGL: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2 GL version 2.1.2, NVIDIA Corporation
[!] [SP] Minecraft is still unplayable in single player on low-end computers (32 bit processor and less than 2 GB of RAM) since 12w18a. Exploring the world leads to no response or after 10 minutes alone. --Manuelschi 17:19, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is most likely a temporary flaw related to the in-development nature of these snapshots. The final 1.3 release should have much tidier code and would thus be far less resource-intensive.
- If anything this is an annoyance NOT a bug. As said in the comment above performance should improve with the final release. --CodeNinja84 12:54, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
- It IS a bug which render the game unplayable as the world stops responding after some time, which makes hard to make any progress in signle player. --Manuelschi 17:03, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- To me it sound like your PC is becoming unresponsive due to a lack of RAM. Could this be caused by memory leaks which would be considered bugs? Sure. Is it cause by memory leaks? There could certainly be some small memory leaks but if so they are minor and certainly not the total cause of your performance problems. I can understand your aggravation considering the system requirements for Minecraft state it should run on systems like the one you describe (and it does for a short time) but remember these snapshots are for testing only and not intended for the general public. Performance will hopefully improve with the final release. --CodeNinja84 21:32, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
- It is odd that the player is not receiving an "Out of Memory" error. I used to get those on my old PC with 1.2.5 (2GB of RAM) --Mattrition 08:59, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that is odd. Its likely a combination of problems HDD, CPU, Graphics, and RAM. --CodeNinja84 11:08, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- On the contrary, after 12w18a I got an FPS boost. I have a laptop with 32-bit Vista, 1GB of RAM and 1.5 GHz. Everything runs perfectly at ~50 fps, even when exploring the map.22.214.171.124 09:19, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- I suspect hardware is not the OPs only problem he or she probably has some software issues as well i.e. to many running processes, etc. --CodeNinja84 12:28, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
[A] Minecraft server was would previously not scramble settings, when no new properties were added by version upgrade. But now it scrambles them every time. (by scrambling i mean it clears all added new empty lines and comments) 126.96.36.199 16:15, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- You mean that the server re-writes and / or changes server.properties ? Please explain. --Kumasasa 17:01, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- I mean it deletes your added "enters" and comments (lines that begin with #) and reorders everything. All settings stay same. (EDIT: fixed description) -188.8.131.52 14:50, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- server.properties will be re-written when the server is started. --Kumasasa 05:51, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] User death messages are displayed in chat but not recorded in the server.log file. This can make it tricky to settle disputes on vanilla servers. --Darkinnit 12:48, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [!!] [Cr] Using the pick block with middle button whilst simultaneously left clicking on a block causes the game to crash without any error report. --184.108.40.206
- Doesn't seem to happen in creative mode. Can you confirm the game mode please? -- Mustek 13:38, 7 June 2012 (UTC)gf
- I am not sure what other game mode this could be from :s ... --Mattrition 13:41, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- reproduced by clicking left and middle button at exactly same time. -220.127.116.11 08:36, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Does it work with just ice or any block? --Mattrition 09:30, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Seems to be with every block (tested 3 types of blocks). -18.104.22.168 11:03, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Below is a crash report that I get after reproducing the issue --Mattrition 20:55, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // I feel sad now :( Time: 09/06/12 21:54 Description: Unexpected error java.lang.NullPointerException at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.G(SourceFile:1732) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1292) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.D(SourceFile:577) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:525) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w23b - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1 - Java Version: 1.7.0_04, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 375061448 bytes (357 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB) - LWJGL: 2.4.2 - OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series GL version 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc. - World MpServer Entities: 32 total; [apj['mattrition'/176, l='MpServer', x=-80.31, y=68.62, z=264.30], vv['Chicken'/101, l='MpServer', x=-141.56, y=67.00, z=324.56], vv['Chicken'/99, l='MpServer', x=-157.47, y=72.00, z=233.56], hv['item.item.egg'/110, l='MpServer', x=-135.94, y=73.13, z=258.09], vv['Chicken'/111, l='MpServer', x=-130.50, y=108.00, z=256.50], vv['Chicken'/108, l='MpServer', x=-141.53, y=70.00, z=241.53], vv['Chicken'/109, l='MpServer', x=-134.50, y=78.00, z=257.50], hv['item.item.egg'/119, l='MpServer', x=-112.75, y=64.13, z=307.78], hv['item.item.egg'/118, l='MpServer', x=-127.56, y=72.13, z=300.91], vv['Chicken'/117, l='MpServer', x=-126.41, y=73.00, z=301.53], hv['item.item.egg'/112, l='MpServer', x=-130.28, y=65.13, z=305.75], atn['Squid'/127, l='MpServer', x=-103.50, y=48.06, z=291.31], atn['Squid'/126, l='MpServer', x=-109.88, y=48.00, z=292.50], atn['Squid'/125, l='MpServer', x=-111.50, y=48.00, z=290.06], atn['Squid'/124, l='MpServer', x=-111.53, y=48.20, z=292.53], hv['item.item.leggingsIron'/123, l='MpServer', x=-103.28, y=62.13, z=276.03], hv['item.item.bed'/122, l='MpServer', x=-99.78, y=62.13, z=275.84], vv['Chicken'/120, l='MpServer', x=-118.59, y=68.00, z=307.56], aub['Minecart'/137, l='MpServer', x=-94.56, y=64.36, z=268.50], aub['Minecart'/136, l='MpServer', x=-88.34, y=63.36, z=270.50], gq['Boat'/139, l='MpServer', x=-83.75, y=63.10, z=276.75], aen['Wolf'/138, l='MpServer', x=-91.41, y=67.00, z=266.32], aen['Wolf'/141, l='MpServer', x=-83.58, y=66.00, z=267.63], hv['item.item.doorWood'/140, l='MpServer', x=-95.97, y=60.13, z=276.28], vv['Chicken'/128, l='MpServer', x=-105.44, y=61.70, z=317.44], vv['Chicken'/133, l='MpServer', x=-93.50, y=68.00, z=202.50], vv['Chicken'/135, l='MpServer', x=-84.56, y=70.00, z=205.56], atn['Squid'/151, l='MpServer', x=-79.52, y=48.03, z=292.50], atn['Squid'/163, l='MpServer', x=-46.75, y=60.36, z=298.75], atn['Squid'/162, l='MpServer', x=-45.16, y=57.92, z=306.59], atn['Squid'/161, l='MpServer', x=-32.56, y=58.30, z=297.88], atn['Squid'/160, l='MpServer', x=-38.38, y=57.39, z=304.19]] - World MpServer Players: 1 total; [apj['mattrition'/176, l='MpServer', x=-80.31, y=68.62, z=264.30]] - World MpServer Chunk Stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 441 - Forced Entities: 40 total; [aub['Minecart'/137, l='MpServer', x=-94.56, y=64.36, z=268.50], aub['Minecart'/136, l='MpServer', x=-88.34, y=63.36, z=270.50], gq['Boat'/139, l='MpServer', x=-83.75, y=63.10, z=276.75], hv['item.item.bed'/122, l='MpServer', x=-99.78, y=62.13, z=275.84], aen['Wolf'/138, l='MpServer', x=-91.41, y=67.00, z=266.32], hv['item.item.leggingsIron'/123, l='MpServer', x=-103.28, y=62.13, z=276.03], aen['Wolf'/141, l='MpServer', x=-83.58, y=66.00, z=267.63], hv['item.item.egg'/112, l='MpServer', x=-130.28, y=65.13, z=305.75], hv['item.item.doorWood'/140, l='MpServer', x=-95.97, y=60.13, z=276.28], vv['Chicken'/128, l='MpServer', x=-105.44, y=61.70, z=317.44], hv['item.item.egg'/118, l='MpServer', x=-127.56, y=72.13, z=300.91], hv['item.item.egg'/119, l='MpServer', x=-112.75, y=64.13, z=307.78], vv['Chicken'/133, l='MpServer', x=-93.50, y=68.00, z=202.50], vv['Chicken'/135, l='MpServer', x=-84.56, y=70.00, z=205.56], hv['item.item.egg'/110, l='MpServer', x=-135.94, y=73.13, z=258.09], hv['item.item.doorWood'/140, l='MpServer', x=-95.97, y=60.13, z=276.28], atn['Squid'/151, l='MpServer', x=-79.52, y=48.03, z=292.50], vv['Chicken'/101, l='MpServer', x=-141.56, y=67.00, z=324.56], vv['Chicken'/99, l='MpServer', x=-157.47, y=72.00, z=233.56], atn['Squid'/163, l='MpServer', x=-46.75, y=60.36, z=298.75], hv['item.item.egg'/110, l='MpServer', x=-135.94, y=73.13, z=258.09], atn['Squid'/162, l='MpServer', x=-45.16, y=57.92, z=306.59], vv['Chicken'/111, l='MpServer', x=-130.50, y=108.00, z=256.50], atn['Squid'/161, l='MpServer', x=-32.56, y=58.30, z=297.88], vv['Chicken'/108, l='MpServer', x=-141.53, y=70.00, z=241.53], atn['Squid'/160, l='MpServer', x=-38.38, y=57.39, z=304.19], vv['Chicken'/109, l='MpServer', x=-134.50, y=78.00, z=257.50], hv['item.item.egg'/119, l='MpServer', x=-112.75, y=64.13, z=307.78], hv['item.item.egg'/118, l='MpServer', x=-127.56, y=72.13, z=300.91], vv['Chicken'/117, l='MpServer', x=-126.41, y=73.00, z=301.53], hv['item.item.egg'/100, l='MpServer', x=-148.72, y=71.13, z=245.38], apj['mattrition'/176, l='MpServer', x=-80.31, y=68.62, z=264.30], hv['item.item.egg'/112, l='MpServer', x=-130.28, y=65.13, z=305.75], atn['Squid'/127, l='MpServer', x=-103.50, y=48.06, z=291.31], atn['Squid'/126, l='MpServer', x=-109.88, y=48.00, z=292.50], atn['Squid'/125, l='MpServer', x=-111.50, y=48.00, z=290.06], atn['Squid'/124, l='MpServer', x=-111.53, y=48.20, z=292.53], hv['item.item.leggingsIron'/123, l='MpServer', x=-103.28, y=62.13, z=276.03], hv['item.item.bed'/122, l='MpServer', x=-99.78, y=62.13, z=275.84], vv['Chicken'/120, l='MpServer', x=-118.59, y=68.00, z=307.56]] - Retry Entities: 0 total; 
[!!] [SP] [?] After a few minutes of play time, entities stop working - items can't be dropped, mobs won't spawn, projectiles aren't fired and their associated firing sound effect doesn't play. Existing mobs cannot be interacted with, and stay rooted to the spot, taking no action. Also, GUIs like the crafting table's won't open, but the inventory one will. This can be fixed by reloading the world, but the game fails to save several recent changes to the world, losing your progress. The bug will take hold again, after an apparently shorter amount of time, until it is effectively impossible to do anything.
- Similar behavior was reported for 12w22a. Was marked as "fixed". P.S. Endermen did still vibrate. --IntKecsk 21:49, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Unable to reproduce this on Windows 7 x64(Oracle JRE 7) or LinuxMint 13 x64(OpenJDK 7) and I have been playing since the snapshot (12w23b) was made available on Thursday. --CodeNinja84 08:37, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
[!!] [MP] [?] If you click really fast through the list of deals of a villager minecraft crashes. (Can't read crash report because it doesn't stay long enough on screen)--22.214.171.124 20:01, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- No matter how hard I try I have so far been unsuccessful at reproducing this on Windows 7 x64 running a local server. --CodeNinja84 04:40, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
[!] [SP] While exploring in survival reached an 'end of the world' where it looked like it was still loading so I walked out into the open and fell into a endless pit. I saved and quit as quick as I could so I didn't lose the game. After opening it, still unable to do anything but fall. Left open for 5 minutes, still falling. Have been playing this map for a month, hopefully there is a way I can fix it and not lose all my town progress. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The world has it's end at coordinates of about 30000000. How do you manage to get there ? Impossible in a month. --Kumasasa 23:41, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is not a crash so I've changed it to major. Furthermore, It is not something that is widely accepted as do-able within normal gameplay, and I don't expect it is helpful for Mojang to list stuff like this. I vote remove. --Mattrition 08:49, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- He probably didnt reached the real end of the world but fell into a world hole or something. -- 188.8.131.52 17:29, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[!] [SP] [?] After defeating the Enderdragon (not sure if this happens otherwise - haven't tested), leaving and reentering the End completely clears it. The dimension will be completely empty (not a single block). Endermen will still spawn in massive amounts near chunk 0,0, but fall straight into the Void (which the player will do too unless flying). In addition, the spawn was moved hundreds of blocks away from the origin. --184.108.40.206 18:13, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Update: Upon reloading the world, the End is back to normal. --220.127.116.11 19:21, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Couldn't reproduce. Tested both Singleplayer survival and creative. --18.104.22.168
[X] Some extensive red stone circuits fail to work properly, this is caused by repeaters freezing their position. This mainly happens when you move out of the chunk they are in. This does not occur in 1.2.5 --22.214.171.124 DOME170
- confirmed, when you return to the chunk with the redstone in it, the repeaters will be stuck
[X] since you can't get an enchantment higher than 21 on the second slot in the enchantment table and also you can just adjust the enchantments on the last slot to an even number (...,22,24,26,28,30) by changing the number of bookshelves it's impossible to do a level 23,25,27 or 29 enchantment.
[X] when you enter a nether portal, the second you arrive in the nether/overworld the portal starts moving your screen again to send you back. In 1.2.5, when you arrived you first had to step out of the portal and then enter it again before it sent you back --League
- It only starts playing the animation, it does not send you back unless you leave the portal and re-enter it. This bug was fixed in previous releases, but it's back again now. Also, it only occurs for the first creation of a portal, using the portal again does not cause the animation to play when arriving in the alternate dimension. --Darkinnit 11:49, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- you are right. this bug. the new bug is now the animation starts playing the moment you're in the nether –Preceding unsigned comment was added by League (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
[X] Flying up high in creative, then holding sneak to drop to near ground, then changing to survival mode via commands will inflict fall damage on the player, even if the player, while in Creative, was only 1 block up above the ground when switched.
This will kill you if you have no armor.Xmzolfm 00:49, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [SP] [Su] Fire from lightning strikes burns indefinitely and can only be extinguished by destroying the burning block or covering it up with another block (punching the fire doesn't work). I have also found that standing on some blocks after extinguishing the fire from the block above causes flames to reappear. The blocks I have noticed this happening on so far are grass blocks after destroying the burning tall grass block above it and tree leaves after destroying the burning leaf block above it (edit: seems to only happen when the fire was burning on top of the destroyed block and not on the side of it). These blocks (tall grass & leaves) are not consumed by the fire and the fire does not appear to spread. Also the area around this phantom fire block is illuminated at night (as if fire was actually burning there). I also take no damage standing in fire caused by lightning strikes. Flint and steel fires still behave as expected. Difficulty was set to Easy. [EDIT: Discovered on my LinuxMint 13 x64 system (OpenJDK 7) I am all but certain this is not a factor but will try to test on Windows 7 x64 to be sure] --CodeNinja84 20:10, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I was playing on a creative single player flat yesterday and I remember a lightning striking pretty close to me, but it went out from the rain. Maybe it was a one time thing, like the underwater chicken I found a long time ago. --Keithicus420 03:46, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- I was not playing on creative so I cannot say if the same thing happens in that mode. Also in case it matters I am playing on the large biome world type. I was lucky enough to get a second storm last night on a newly generated world and as far as I can tell the fire from the first lightning strike seemed to disappear before I could get to it (like it should). After that however I experienced more of the same problems explained above as well as an additional problem explained here. I spotted a flame caused by a lightning strike so I tried to extinguish it by breaking the dirt block the flame was burning on (as explained above punching does not work) at first it seemed to have worked until I placed the block back down in the same spot and the flames reappeared!! So fire from lightning strikes certainly has some bugs that deserve attention. --CodeNinja84 06:05, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
[X] During weather like rain when the sun is technically out,(was in a desert by a village), it appears zombies and possibly other hostile mobs, will randomly catch fire. The fire then goes out after a while, and repeats randomly ending up in the death of the mob. --Grimster101 2:47, 10 June 2012 (GMT+2)
- Clarified the issue a little. It's definitely the sunlight that is fighting to burn them against the rain, which is preventing them from burning. --Mattrition 10:01, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Falling off of a high place (e.g: a cliff) while in a minecart will inflict fall damage on the player before he/she touches the ground. --126.96.36.199
[X] Broken enchanted pickaxes sometimes re-enter the player's inventory upon next use of a different pickaxe. 04:19, 12 June 2012 (UTC) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- That magically "repaired" pickaxe will last for a few blocks and breaks again. That happens quite often (always ?). Upgraded to bug. --Kumasasa 05:45, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have noticed this happening to me a few times on multiplayer in 1.2.5 using normal pickaxes. --CodeNinja84 13:59, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
- This bug applies also to enchanted shovels, swords and bows (if that applies also to unenchanted tools and weapons is unknown). Especially in the middle of a fight a breaking-and-1-hit-lasting sword can be really nasty... --Kumasasa 21:21, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
[A!] Not really sure exactly what happens, but in the old SSP before the merge you were able to swim out of a 1 block of still lava before dying. Now, if I fall into one, getting hurt knocks me back enough that I cannot get out even while holding space.
- I can confirm this. The same thing happens while drowning. The damage taken produces a small amount of knockback, keeping the player from swimming out of the water or lava. I'm upgrading this to major annoyance. --CaMoreno3 04:20, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, this has to do with SP being converted to be more like SMP. This is really just the same glitch as "Drowning causes knockback" --Moxxy 05:05, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] Explosions don't knock you back in creative Darkmtbg2 12:45, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Big question here is, should this happen? -- Mustek 13:58, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe, some people want to launch themselves from the TNT cannon. --IntKecsk 14:35, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- A better solution might be to negate explosion physics when the player is flying. -- Mustek 14:59, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Exactly, some people, I personally prefer if there was no way other player could not even push/move one in creative. Except using commands. -184.108.40.206 11:27, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Compasses don't point to the last respawn point. That renders the compass quite useless when playing a longer time on a map. --Kumasasa 23:29, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Downgraded to annoyance. --CaMoreno3 04:20, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [MP] Ender chests have no use in MP (greater server), because everybody can take the things inside. Also as a mail system (books) they are useless, because of the same reason. The chests need to be related to a player. --reptile311
- The discussion regarding this annoyance has been moved to the talk page. Please post any further comments there. It seems to be a 50% split in opinion of whether or not Ender Chests are useful in multiplayer. --CaMoreno3 20:09, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Just saw this tweet from Jeb "Changed Ender Chests to be per player, but also made you lose the Eye of Ender if you knock the chest down (so no free carrying around)". So hopefully this mean the problem you are speaking of has just been fixed. --CodeNinja84 14:19, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, that may fix the problem of the thread opener, but will render the Ender chests nearly useless when playing on smaller servers with honest players. The proposal in the talk page to make player-bound chests and global chests would greatly fulfil both use cases. --220.127.116.11 18:33, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [MP] [?] The original minecraft launcher doesn't give your username to minecraft. When you want to play on a server in LAN, with online = false, no other player can join, because they are all named as player. (I know there is magic launcher, but I want use the original and yes, I have payed for minecraft, no cracked version) --reptile311
- No. The launcher gives the username to the server. The server setting "online=false" has nothing to do with the launcher. I am playing too in a LAN with the original launcher, original server and original minecraft and my name is not Player. Please explain further, else vote for removal. --Kumasasa 17:11, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Just need to verify, this is with an old Minecraft Launcher? If so, then the launcher may not log you in properly, and as such will not pass your username onto the server. If online-mode=true, it will probably give you a "User not premium" error. This problem happened to my friend, and so I just told him to get the new launcher from minecraft.net EDIT: Just wanted to say, this problem isn't limited with this version, as my friend had this problem with a previous version of minecraft. Stepanma01 04:48, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- OK, but here are discussed the bugs of the version 12w23b, not other versions. --Kumasasa 07:29, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- When I'm offline, no connection to the internet. I start the 12w23b server exe and then start minecraft with launcher and join the server with localhost. I'm always named as player. Server and launcher are on the same computer(localhost). If you use Magic Launcher I have the name in the username field. --reptile311
- Aha. The solution to that issue is not to use the launcher when the client is offline. Use the shell script as described in Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server "How do I play on a LAN without access to the internet?". --Kumasasa 16:20, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- So it is an annoyance, because with the MagicLauncher it works and with the normal launcher it doesn't works. But thanks for the tip.
[A] Ghasts are extremely dangerous when render distance is set to short. It's impossible to see where they are until they've already shot at you, and if there's multiple ones, your only option is to run away. I understand I could just higher the render distance, but there are players that need short rendering for lag issues. --Keithicus420 19:58, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Leaving a game then rejoining can teleport the player to the highest block in the same X;Z coordinates they were in. Tested under a tree, went to the top leaf.
- Leaving the game in SP or MP? I've never experienced this issue. --Keithicus420 03:50, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Ad] In adventure mode is not possible to place the eyes of the end in the portal to the the_end.
- I would say that we probably shouldn't be listing too many issues with adventure mode because it is very much in development and not supposed to be a fully useable gamemode just yet. --Mattrition 11:03, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Boats in single player games are laggy and difficult to use. Sometimes the boat will seem to stop abruptly for no clear reason while travelling across open water. Sometimes there will be long, annoying delays while trying to turn the boat, or the game will seem to "freeze" while approaching a shoreline, only to unfreeze a moment later with the boat already destroyed in a collision. -- 10 June 2012
[A] Blocking with a sword or crouching while in a boat will cause the boat to slow down. LB 02:57, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Flowing lava will not push the player the way water does. Not sure if intended. --Keithicus420 03:47, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Su] The commands do not work.Pikaglow 20:07, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The teleport command doesn't make sense in single player. I'm assuming no one can join your single player worlds anymore (judging by the fact that the game pauses again), so who would you teleport to? I think they should change it so you can enter coordinates instead of a player's IGN. -irunor, 23:26, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[A!] You can no longer build/extend off of the main island in the end
[F] [X] You can't use an item with right-click if you are looking directly at a mob. --Mattrition 21:00, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- I can confirm this but it only happens with pigs, sheep, and ocelots and only when I am within a few blocks of them. I tested this using a water bottle. --CodeNinja84 11:58, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
[X] Nether Portals can overwrite stair blocks. TorchicBlaziken 23:27, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Can you explain this in greater detail? Or perhaps provide an image? --CaMoreno3 00:52, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When collecting Mushroom blocks with Silk Touch it will not preserve the damage value. TorchicBlaziken 23:49, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Doors glitch in a way that I cannot explain. Tested in Creative mode Single-player.
- Can you give any information or link a video of it? Anything that would help someone reproduce this. --Keithicus420 03:32, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] There are a few lines of code in the class for the End Portal block (the actual portal itself, not the frame) that prevent the creation of End Portals in the Nether or End except for like a split second after the Ender Dragon dies, even though this doesn't matter because you can't even make them in Survival. This only serves to prevent the player from replacing an End Portal in the End after a player in Creative destroys them. TorchicBlaziken 22:39, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When placing Mushroom blocks of a damage value greater than 0, it will revert to 0 upon placing. This used to happen with Monster Eggs, before they were tweaked in 12w17a to prepare them for inclusion in the Creative Mode inventory. This should be changed because the damage values of mushroom blocks are now available using cheats. TorchicBlaziken 23:59, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Tripwires don't register entities (items,blocks) if thrown between the the hitboxes. Darkmtbg2 13:09, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Tripwires can be piled and don't drop when you break the underlying wire, being stuck in mid-air-- Scipio 18.104.22.168 14:58, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is intentional. -- Mustek 15:00, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Are you sure ? Because, if so, why would the rope break when you break the block underneath and not when you break the wire underneath? -- Scipio 22.214.171.124 20:16, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Because it shouldn't break when the block underneath is broken. That was confirmed to be a bug. --Moxxy 21:05, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Switching tools while mining blocks creates visual mining that is not player controlled, video. It is difficult to tell if this is related to the new breaking animation or if it was always this way and just never noticed. LB 19:45, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Pretty sure this is a new bug. Couldn't reproduce on 1.2.5. 126.96.36.199 20:55, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Firing an arrow into any side of a block with a wooden pressure plate on top of it causes the pressure plate to activate. This is a very "popular" bug, but its a bug nonetheless --Mattrition 11:11, 8 June 2012 (UTC) via reddit
- This is a feature as of this update. 172.31.3.162 12:48, 8 June 2012
- Snow Layer
- Wooden Pressure Plate
- Stone Pressure Plate
- Redstone Torch
- Wooden Door
- Iron Door
- Redstone Repeater
- Powered Rail
- Detector Rail
- String (floats above upper slabs or stair blocks when placed)
- Torches (including redstone torches) are placeable on stairs but not slabs, which is needlessly inconsistent.
- This is due to the fact that they count as transparent blocks. They behave just the same as glass and normal slabs in the respects of what can't be attached to them. --188.8.131.52 04:16, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Regardless of the reasoning, it is still an inconsistency that needs to be corrected. --CaMoreno3 12:31, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
Vote for removal; this is the same thing as the post before it, just that it is a different transparent block. --Keithicus420 19:58, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- As there was only one difference between the two lists of items, I've merged the two reports into one, marking the one item (torches) that places OK on stairs but not slabs.--184.108.40.206 00:42, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] After typing on a sign and clicking "done", the text sometimes disappears.Hauteknits
- It doesn't disappear sometimes. It will disappear when the text is longer than 1 line or 15 characters... –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Ldtvproductions (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Cannot reproduce. Never saw text disappearing. Tested with 4 lines @ 15 characters. What are the steps to reproduce ? --Kumasasa 00:01, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Cannot reproduce. Never seen that. Any mods ? Optifine ? --Kumasasa 00:01, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Fences of both kinds will connect to fence gates in any direction.
[X] End portal frames cannot be picked via pick block, with or without eye of ender. (Tested on SP.) --Keithicus420 03:39, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Once connected to tripwire hooks, the string hitbox should scale down horizontally to better represent their actual size, similar to levers, buttons and fences. As of now, their hitboxes are probably 8 times what they should be. A smaller hitbox would also make them more difficult to see, as a player simply looking down while walking will see the change from the grass hitbox to the string one. A smaller one might circumvent that. --CaMoreno3 12:09, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- On the contrary, as the hitbox is very similar to that of normal blocks, it blends in. A smaller hitbox is arguably more noticeable, as it is at dischord with its environment. ----220.127.116.11 04:16, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- I suppose whether or not it would be visible is a matter of opinion. I for one think the sudden rise in the hitbox of an entire block would be more noticeable. Either way, the larger hitbox causes activation of the tripwire without actually stepping on the wire. This is inconsistent with pressure plates and other redstone activation devices. --CaMoreno3 12:20, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- What you are saying about the hitbox makes no sense. I think you mean that they should re-size their COLLISION box. Take 1.9 pre2 fences for example. Their hitboxes are a whole block but their collision boxes are adjusted to match the fence. This shows that most people mistake hitboxes for collision boxes. <MCKMan> 09:40, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Semantics aside, my point is still the same. Regardless of what you want to call it, it needs to be smaller to match the tripwire. If Minecraft keeps hitboxes and collision boxes separate, then they should BOTH be scaled down. --CaMoreno3 10:33, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] You can't see the end portal if you're under it. --Mkbu95 21:39, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- This has been part of the End Portal design since it was introduced. This is most likely to show that you can jump up through the bottom of the portal. --King Starscream 21:56, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Cobwebs still slow you down while you are flying in Creative Mode. They are currently the only thing in your way of flying quickly all over the place since the bug where water slowed you down was fixed. It's a pain flying around abandoned mineshafts because of this. TorchicBlaziken 22:00, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Pressure plates make the annoying clicking sound on top of fences, and pressure plate tables are used in villages. In Beta 1.8, when villages were added, it was better because they did not work on top of fences and so they did not make the annoying clicking sound. TorchicBlaziken 23:17, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- This won't be changed. Pressure plates on top of fences are how redstone devices that detect item drops are created. --Moxxy 23:27, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- They could compromise by making pressure plates not work on top of wooden fences, but they would still work on top of Nether Brick fences. TorchicBlaziken 20:20, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Pistons occasionally won't push out after a few uses on a clock. Does this with redstone and redstone repeaters. EDIT: This is on a piston memory circuit that I was making through a tutorial. I fooled around with delays and other things on the clock, but it still occasionally locks up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65g8a_Hv3ZU&feature=g-user-u --Sygnia 3:28, 8 June 2012 (CST)
- Please provide more detail. Pitons aren't supposed to push more than 12 blocks and this might be the problem you're having. <MCKMan> 09:43, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is either what MCKMan said or a problem to previously stated reports involving repeaters and clocks glitching out. Could you provide more information so we can tell if this is a repeat, mistake or an entirely different bug? --Moxxy 05:48, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Tiny thing, but when a block is placed in front of an open door, then the block is destroyed, the door closes. --Darkinnit 12:06, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- It's because it checks the blocks surrounding the one you broke and causes a redstone update. It's an annoyance but also happens with fencegates and hatches. -- Mustek 00:40, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Fences in corners have a collision box that does not allow for walking all the way to the visual edge of the fence. Instead, players can only walk up to the hitbox.
[A] Chests' bounding boxes are larger than the chests.
[A] Saplings can be planted and grown next to each other, but redwood and birch ones still require space
- Changed to annoyance. Not exactly sure what you're getting at but its almost certainly a negligent issue if that. Players are very welcome to place saplings next to each other for aesthetic reasons --Mattrition 10:06, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] End Portals can only be activated in the default, 5x5 with corners missing layout. -irunor, 01:15, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The collision boxes should be at the end portal, not below it. -irunor, 01:15, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The end portal is not disabled if you destroy part of the frame -irunor, 01:15, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] large Chest stay's open after opening it for the second time --astrotakua
[A] Long standing annoyance: Pumpkins cannot be placed on the side of blocks if there is nothing underneath them, however they can be placed on a block then have that block removed without the pumpkin breaking. This is completely unnecessary and very annoying if building with pumpkins. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
[A] VERY minor annoyance; Stairs now have proper hitboxes, but they still show the old ones all the way around the stair blocks. Does not happen with fences, Etc. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
[A] [Cr] The silverfish blocks look exactly like the normal blocks in the creative inventory. If often happens to me that I accidently build structures out of them. Maybe add some silverfish icon or something to them. -- 126.96.36.199 17:37, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] [SP] Buckets still don't pick up or place water within the spawn protection. BFeely 12:44, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- What game mode are you playing on? This is normal on multiplayer, but should not happen in single-player. --CaMoreno3 12:46, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Playing on single-player. Updated bug tag to reflect that. BFeely 13:05, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- I tried single-player survival superflat and single-player creative, travelling more than 1000 blocks from spawn and still can't pick up water, so I don't think it's restricted to within the spawn protection --188.8.131.52 07:39, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- There is no "spawn protection" in single player! I have tested this on Windows 7 x64 and everything works as it should for me on super flat and normal in survival mode. In creative mode an empty bucket will not fill with water when you pick it up but the water block should be removed and a water bucket will not empty when the water is placed. --CodeNinja84 22:10, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Here is the world download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82957342/New%20World.zip . Turn around, there is a hole in the floor — pour some water into it. Joker vD 17:03, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yes that certainly is a problem! Strange that it only happens on certain areas of the map. I have not yet encountered this on any of the worlds I have created so I do Apologize to everyone for not believing you XD. --CodeNinja84 08:53, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Here is the world download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82957342/New%20World.zip . Turn around, there is a hole in the floor — pour some water into it. Joker vD 17:03, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- What game mode are you playing on? This is normal on multiplayer, but should not happen in single-player. --CaMoreno3 12:46, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] Mining a wooden double slab with a Silk Touch enchanted pickaxe will drop just one slab. Mining double stone slabs drops both. --Kumasasa 07:55, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [SP] [Su] If you have 2 empty buckets stacked in your inventory and pick up water quickly from an infinite spring, there appears to be 3 water buckets in your inventory. If you move the third bucket in your inventory it will disappear again. --MegaCamu 15:06, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] The direction indicator on a held map while driving a boat points in wrong (random) direction --Kumasasa 00:54, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Splitted both "map" bugs again) To clarify: The random rotating indicator while rowing around in a boat is a new issue to 12w23b. Prior versions just had the "22.5°-off-bug". --Kumasasa 16:28, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Further observation: When turning with the boat while holding the map, the arrow (direction indicator) on the map rotates too fast and seconds later it will eventually snap to the correct position. --Kumasasa 16:49, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Similar issue: When rotating the player in a still-standing boat the arrow stands still instead of rotating on the map. When driving the boat again, the arrow will point to random directions. --Kumasasa 16:49, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] On the map item, the arrow representing the player does not point in the right direction. It points 22.5° clockwise from the direction the player is actually facing, for example if the player is facing north the arrow will point north-northeast. TorchicBlaziken 22:46, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Splitted both "map" bugs again) That issue is present since version 1.0.0 or even earlier. --Kumasasa 16:28, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When switching to a map whilst in a boat, the left arm appears over the map.-RabidOwl
Maps show missing vertical lines when reconnecting to the server. When viewing the map for the first time, the image will be created in vertical stripes, after completion every 11th or 12th line is missing. Newly explored areas or changed existing areas will be redrawn (but lost again after reconnecting) --Kumasasa 20:03, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Sometimes when you make a new map it will just duplicate a previous map, even if you already have it, and even if you are not in a location on the original map. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by JerryLT (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The happened quite often with previous versions, didn't observe that issue with 12w23b - but if there was nothing fixed the bug is still present. There is no procedure to reproduce that, but that has happend "more often" if you previsouly have lost a map due to death. Upgrading to bug. --Kumasasa 05:23, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] After eating food, if the food is in a stack, and if you can still eat that food, and you do not switch out of that item, you will involuntarily eat that food again. TorchicBlaziken 20:19, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Also, the animation isn't shown and it does not slow you down.
[X] Emerald ore doesn't smelt in furnaces.-irunor, 19:47, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Fixed as per information provided byUser:Trecongs --Moxxy 21:05, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- that's logical because when you mine it it drops an emerald, not emerald ore
- Yea but it is the same thing with Diamond Ore, when you mine it it drops a diamond, but you can smelt diamond ore in a furnace. This is because of the silk touch enchantment, it will drop the ore.
[X] After the client has been BSOD (blanks screen of death, error that froze the screen with no report on it/log on the folder) on me while testing out a structure using redstone circuits and pistons, I came back to the world noticing some of the circuitry is wrong: torches were on instead of off when got ON signal to them, repeaters are on with an OFF current to them, and the most interesting thing is this Video which shows that the pistons were removed but still there, (the 3rd block was manually removed by me to see if theres an object on ir or not), tested on 12w22a and was about to post it sooner, then i noticed the new snapshot, though i couldnt reproduce the crash that infected it, but the pistons are still invisible (i did not replace them as in, they still exist as invisible items) --RonAsor 22:12, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Purple Golden Apples still only restore as much saturation and hunger as a regular Apple, but they were intended to be like Notch's Golden Apples which restored 5 drumsticks and 24 food saturation. TorchicBlaziken 20:26, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] If you try to shift-click armor into the survival inventory in creative mode it just disappears. -anomaly452
- not a bug, but missing feature. But i support idea of getting this fixed. -184.108.40.206 08:59, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that this is by design. It is consistent with the behaviour of other items in creative (if I read that correctly). An annoyance for now. --Mattrition 09:40, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- that not exactly what i said. feature could be missing, because it was overlooked at creation time. Therefore not by design. -220.127.116.11 11:51, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] When smelting Redstone and Lapis Lazuli ore, it only gives one Redstone Dust or Lapis Lazuli. TorchicBlaziken 22:42, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Strange that it's possible to smelt those things, as they drop their stuff when mined without a silk touch pick. -- Mustek 09:10, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Jeb actually added that feature some time between 1.9 and 1.0 to be consistent with the fact that it was possible to smelt Diamond Ore, which was possible even before the addition of Silk Touch. TorchicBlaziken 22:48, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Ender Pearls can't be used in Creative Mode. I know this is intended, but I have no idea why because Mojang never explained, they just said you can't use it in Creative. I don't really see a reason why they shouldn't be usable, since you already have godlike powers. TorchicBlaziken 03:38, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Fire Charge can't be thrown. I know they haven't been in the past, but really, what's the point of them versus Flint & Steel if you can't throw them? They don't even have as many uses, and, in my opinion, the ingredients for them are harder to get. I think mojang needs to make fire charges throwable. -irunor, 19:15, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is just an annoyance, not a bug. Downgrading. Regdoug 23:15, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Just like abandoned mineshafts were before the floors were implemented, strongholds generate weirdly when they cross a ravine. The seed -623160645725253637 is a good example of this with a stronghold in a hole close to spawn which crosses an underground ravine. TorchicBlaziken 22:00, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] Old bug still applies. Chunk generation error, chunk seems flipped. Seed "bug" (without ") location 41x,-381z. I did further ivestigation and theres cave in 51.5,-369.5. This cave doesn't seem flipped. PICTURE -18.104.22.168 08:14, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- The chunk doesn't look 100% flipped to me. Tell me if the b: in the F3 menu changes when you walk into it. I know a few maps where chunks generate as a completely different biome than the one beside it instead of a smooth transition.
- I dont think that causes it, because there is only small segment which has biome change on edge. Other parts continue the old biome. If you go corner of this error 72.5,-368.5, that is exactly at chunk change if my calculations are correct. -22.214.171.124 10:58, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Pyramid and Village generated together so that half of the Blacksmith-house is overloaded by the Pyramid. Seed: 5062261072637281937 Coordinates: X: 2137 Z: -428 Kranseier 03:33, 12 June 2012 (UTC)kranseier
[A] Ever since Minecraft 1.1, surface strongholds can no longer generate because the part that goes above ground is deleted. I think this is a bug because a surface stronghold was featured in Jeb_'s first screenshot of strongholds which leads me to believe that surface strongholds are an intentional feature of the game that was accidentally removed.
- This cannot been proven to be a bug. All features in screenshots are subject to change. That particular picture was released long, long before strongholds were implemented and when they finally were Mojang was completely aware of them not having entrances (hence the glass towers). Requesting removal. --Moxxy 22:00, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Downgraded to annoyance. --CaMoreno3 22:40, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] You can trade with a dying villager, and the GUI will not close once the villager is dead. You can even trade with villagers if you are a village aggressor. TorchicBlaziken 21:50, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Su] If you hit a wolf and there is another wolf next to it, they will both start to attack but after about 2 seconds the wolf you hit will stop attacking. The other wolf will continue to attack. --Mattrition 21:10, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Ocelots don't run away from you and ignore your fish when they are standing in tall grass
[X] Sometimes NPC villagers disappear and don't spawn back --JerryLT
- confirmed, my NPC was in a house and suddenly it was gone. it hadn't been killed. --League
[X] Zombies and Creepers (not Skeletons) are less persistent than used to be. They stop tracking target if it is not in the line of sight. Video showing the difference
- I noticed this too, but it only happens in creative mode. not is survival/hardcore
- It happens for me in survival mode too
- I literally just saw this while playing: A zombie just looked at me on a staircase when I was about 5 blocks away from it. I had to run into it to make it hostile.
[X] When creating a new world, occasionally Ocelots or wolves will spawn in large numbers infinitely and follow you about the world. It is so far unreproducible and independent of the world seed or game mode. This has been happening to a few people since the last real release. One example is this reddit post. --Mattrition 20:23, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Pigs only use the method getDropItemID to determine their drops, so they only drop 0-2 meat. Cows and chickens use the newer method dropFewItems which allows them to always drop at least one meat. This oversight has caused the pig to decline in usefulness since beef was added.TorchicBlaziken 22:54, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Mobs, including the player, can breathe under lava. TorchicBlaziken 20:41, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[U] [X] If you interact with a villager while holding a usable item, it will use the item.
[X] In 12w22a tamed cats are not controllable with 12w23b - by rightklicking to tell them to get up nothing happend; by leftklicking you hit them. Taming new Ocelots works fine and they are controllable as expected. --Kranseier 06:44, 8 June 2012 (UTC)kranseier
[X] Wolves no longer tilt their head when they are offered meat --dalolman 17:33, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed for all modes --Mattrition 19:48, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Wolves/dogs are REALLY buggy. I just had an episode where some dogs actually spawned in my 10*10 fenced in sheep farm and killed them, and I didn't even leave the general area within ~20 blocks of it. Also, I killed a wild wolf just because I could and it was annoying me and when I went home, I could hear angry wolf growling. So I looked and my sitting, tamed dogs were mad. I made them stand up and their texture didn't change, they just killed me. Furthermore, they seem to be spawning in forests very frequently, about 10 dogs in 2 chunks.
The hitbox of the villagers (at least their heads) seems to be too large. When right clicking besides their heads for e.g. opening a door behind them, that will trigger the trading GUI instead of opening the door. --Kumasasa 07:17, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A!] Superflat worlds are annoyingly full of slimes. --IntKecsk 15:02, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Although "slime hell" is a lovely way to put it, I altered the report for clarification :) --Mattrition 15:08, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- While in Superflat they spawn too much, enough to stop other mobs from spawning, in normal worlds they are annoyingly rare - ironically because other mobs stop them from spawning. (I've upgraded this to a minor bug, check the talk page.) Lvxferre 04:32, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- I do not agree that this classifies as a bug, but it may classify as a major annoyance. I vote to change this as such. Please see Talk:Known_bugs/Version_12w23b#Slime_Hell_.28aka_Superflat_spawns_too_much_slimes.29 for further discussion. --CaMoreno3 07:23, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Done. Lvxferre 05:10, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A!] [?] Iron Golems doesn't spawn in villages or artificial villages. - by Miraboa
- They do. They will spawn when the village has more than 16 villagers and more than 21 doors and it will take some time to spawn (after the aforementioned conditions are met). If the Golems don't spawn if the spawning conditions are met then this entry should be upgraded to a bug, otherwise removed. --Kumasasa 06:27, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The arrangement of blocks required to create a Golem does not include air surrounding the Golem, or something for the Golem to stand on. Buildings made of blocks of snow and iron can be griefed by players, or worse, Endermen, simply by placing pumpkins on them. If it is an Iron Golem that is unintentionally created, then this results in a big waste of iron.
- An Enderman placing a pumpkin on an iron or snow structures is extremely rare. (Also, all snow and iron structures and pumpkins are quite rare) The game shouldn't be changed cause of griefers since there is already a lot of anti-grief plugins. However, pumpkins placed by endermen shouldn't be able to create golems (Or should it?).
[A] Zombie iron item drops too rare to be worthwhile.
- Downgraded to annoyance, this is not a bug. Also, I disagree. I feel that these "rare item drops" are meant to be just that, rare. They are a nice find, but shouldn't be relied upon as a main source for iron items. --CaMoreno3 23:25, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Define rare and worthwhile. At our (well, highly effective) mob farm we have already a double chest completely filled up with iron helmets... In my eyes not even an annoyance. --Kumasasa 06:32, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- In a normal game of adventuring in minecraft, i.e. when you are not farming, you very rarely come across a zombie that drops items. I agree that they are a bit too rare, but its no more than a minor annoyance. --Mattrition 14:41, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Cats too. I've been experiencing this for a while. --Keithicus420 03:51, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] NPC villagers do not breed(?), but they sometimes duplicate and have the same trade as another villager.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by JerryLT (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
[F] [X] After you hit the Enderdragon once, it will become unable to deal damage to the player in any way.
[!] Certain areas of the world do not render their blocks properly, causing invisible objects such as cactuses, trees, and bits of village which cause the player damage when they walk into them. BrickVoid 00:50, 9 June 2012 (UTC) (edited by Mattrition)
- I keep running into invisible cactuses in the desert. Sometimes moving around will allow me to back off the catcus I'm pinned on but occasionally I can get trapped in between multiple invisible cactuses, making it much more difficult to get unstuck from them. BrickVoid 00:50, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- I've experienced this as well (in both single-player and multiplayer). It also seems to happen with trees, and seemingly more often with swamp trees. The leaves are visible, but the wood is not. I suggest upgrading this to "severe bug" status with group consensus, as it can cause unavoidable death. --CaMoreno3 00:59, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- I would say this is a major issue. This was most notable for me when I ran into half a village, which caused me pain. It must be synchronization issue with the client and server. Upgraded and also rectified the initial bug to be more general. --Mattrition 13:36, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] There are sometimes random invisible blocks that become visible after save and reload. Not clear whether they might have been placed by the player or not. It's not especially frequent. In cases that I can remember, the invisible block was a dirt block. The clues that a block is invisible are the collisions and impression that one is stuck in a given spot with no obvious reason for blockage. Seen in survival singleplayer on windows vista. --Ebbixx 12:36, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is essentially the same issue as the bug above, except that you don't appear to be harmed by the invisible blocks. Also, the other issue seems to be exclusive to blocks placed for "special objects" whereas yours affects blocks placed as "terrain blocks", although I don't know if there is a real distinction between the two. I have never encountered this issue myself. --Mattrition 14:05, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- That happened once in Survival Multiplayer. When digging through the untouched rock and removing some dirt blocks there was one invisible dirt block, definitly not placed by me. That invisible block became visible when relogging. --Kumasasa 18:52, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Kumasasa's description is a pretty perfect match for what I've seen. I haven't had this happen in any situation where I can feel confident that I could have (even accidentally) generated the new block. While I agree it's probably somehow related the more critical issues with blocks that do active damage, such as cactus, I've also been playing mostly in peaceful mode when this occurs. In anything but peaceful it could lead to a fatal delay trying to distance myself, for example, from an oncoming creeper. Still, considering the similarities it may very well be just one variation on a general bug involving spontaneously appearing blocks? In any case it seems the situation has been documented fairly clearly with general agreement on what it entails. --Ebbixx 19:56, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Particles switched off ? --Kumasasa 23:41, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When respawning after death, the player's skin reverts to the default skin. This is fixed by exiting and re-entering the world. --Mattrition 19:37, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- confirmed in single and multiplayer
[X] When respawning after death, the player's view can go crazy for 1 to 2 seconds. This is characterized by the view zooming in and out quickly and the lack of block rendering. --Mattrition 21:16, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] in single and multiplayer, mobs/villager/animal/other players seem to walk in front of their minecart while riding one. --League
[X] Graphical glitches related to placement of bottom-half and top-half slabs. The image here shows bottom-half slabs with a "curb" of top-half slabs. Block updates nearby cause graphical glitches and invisible surfaces on neighboring blocks. --Mattrition 12:59, 7 June 2012 (UTC) via this reddit post (further description there)
[X] when falling snow hits whater it freezes. als the snow that's falling above that block also freezes –Preceding unsigned comment was added by League (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The (not-flowing) water freezes because of the biome type (Taiga, ...) independet of the current weather. But can you please rephrase your second sentence with other words ? I don't get it. --Kumasasa 19:00, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Some chunks do not render even when you are close to them in singleplayer. Happens when both walking or flying around. Pic when flying
- They should update when close to them. Darkmtbg2 11:57, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- I get this too, I shouldn't need to literally step into the chunk for it to "snap" into visibility; considering surrounding chunks render correctly, this shouldn't be expected. --Kver
[X] Blocks' textures are reversed when you see other players or Endermen hold them in their hands. This is noticeable when textures have words on them such as TNT which reads "TИT". TorchicBlaziken 00:59, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Slabs and stairs in the inventory still seem to be randomly flickering (slabs jumping upwards in the inventory box). EDIT: The same happens to the slab blocks held in your hand. --jenceslav
[X] Armor leggings do not correctly update their position if you enter or exit minecarts/boats after equiping boots. For example, if you already have leggings on and you equip boots before getting into a minecart/boat, the leggings will not move into a "sitting" position with the player's legs. Similarly, if you equip boots once you are inside the minecart/boat and then leave the minecart/boat, the leggings will not move into a "standing" position along with the player's legs. This is only an issue when equiping leggings and boots. Screenshots of the glitch. --Mattrition 14:23, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Other players can not see this error, but you can see it in the inventory screen and third person view. Laying in bed does not correct, but taking armor off and back on does. Below is a screenshot of the glitch outside a vehicle. --Keithicus420 23:01, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have seen this glitch happen to others. -- Mustek 16:11, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Lighting issues that result in areas of extreme darkness that do not correctly update until a block is placed or destroyed near them. Example screenshot (via this reddit post) --Mattrition 14:48, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes just standing in (or possibly near) them for several seconds is enough to make them go away. They're still terribly ugly, though. --126.96.36.199 21:28, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
At least in singleplayer, stair blocks are very glitchy. This has been happening since around 12w21a. Somebody500 (有人500) 13:21, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Can you please explain "glitchy" ? You mean the dark shadow on the vertical parts of the stairs ? --Kumasasa 13:28, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- I mean that the stairs turn into full-sized blocks, even the stair inventory icon does the same too. Somebody500 (有人500) 19:31, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Vanilla Minecraft ? Any mods ? Optifine ? Is it a pure graphical issue or does the block change it's type from Stair to Wood ? What if you leave the world and re-enter ? Questions over questions... --Kumasasa 19:47, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Vanilla Minecraft 12w23b. The wooden stair block changes to Wood for a split second. Reloading the world doesn't help. Somebody500 (有人500) 19:55, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- I can confirm that Stair and Door blocks (and maybe other blocks?) appear to occasionally change in to full-sized blocks. --Hwd45 20:15, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- I can also confirm this, it is quite annoying, the stairs keep the same collision, but randomly look like full blocks or have a full block on one side. Updating the block fixes it, but they will randomly come back. Bertanius 04:29, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Hitting some mobs causes one section of their texture to turn white (while the red "pain" effect occurs). On Cows and pigs it is the left side of their head Cow Screenshot, Pig Screenshot, it also occurs on zombies.--Darkinnit 11:13, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Foliage and grass colors no longer have a smooth transition based on temperature and rainfall, but instead are colored by biome. See http://imgur.com/a/penVC First image was from 1.0.0 and has smooth transitions, and the grass stays quite green several blocks into the desert biome. Second image is from 12w22a and transitions are quite abrupt and the tall grass has absolutely no color smoothing between biomes. This behavior is still present in 12w23b. I also have an older set of screenshots at http://imgur.com/yYPSG,KQyva BFeely 21:29, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] The following sounds do not play: --CaMoreno3 13:39, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Water flowing
- Lava popping
- Nether Portal
- Rain in extreme hills biome --Kumasasa 17:53, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] The loading screen is just the default dirt background and doesn't show what it is loading. This has happened in a few other snapshots before this one.
- Possibly Mojang's intention of not showing any information about world generation
- I dont think thats intentional, because some times the game freezes without an output which could be consider vital for reporting bugs. I dont see a reason for that to happen intentionally. --RonAsor 01:14, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) When i load up a world, it dosen't show text that says "Loading..." and it never does. This bug has existed since 12w21a, and probably won't be fixed. (Also, this happens EVERY TIME. There's no way it can be fixed in the minecraft.jar that i know of. That's why it's major.)--Tkain47 17:25, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] World entries in the world selection menu show not the current game mode, but the game mode selected when the world was created. (Game mode was changed via \gamemode) --IntKecsk 13:02, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [MP] After changing the default gamemode in the server prompt. the next time the server is started, the default gamemode has reverted to the old gamemode.
- This doesn't happen for singleplayer --Mattrition 23:13, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- duhh, I was talking about the server prompt, singleplayer doesn't have one.
- it's reverted because server loads it from settings file. are you suggesting that server should modify settings file? maybe, if there were separate command for saving settings. -188.8.131.52 08:01, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [SP] If you rename a singleplayer world to something other than the name you gave it when you first created it, next time you play that world, it will revert back to the original. I have tested this on most of my singleplayer worlds. EDIT: This can be fixed by editing the name of the save folder in the .minecraft saves directory. --184.108.40.206 08:46, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- I don't get it. why is this listed as an annoyence? it is a bug because it shouldn't work this way. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by League (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Upgraded. --Kumasasa 19:04, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[!] After typing 19 characters in a line in a book, a Section Sign (§) appears at the end of the line, and the next line starts flashing 0 and 7 instead of the cursor. Example gif
- Additionally, typing only 17 characters on the first line shifts the entire line to the next line. --Txtsd 18:21, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Cr] Can't hold ← Backspace to erase the search in the creative inventory. -- Mustek 14:27, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[N] [X] If a villager has multiple pages of trade, you don't have to be on the proper page to make the trade. I can trade 12 books for an emerald even if the trade display is 10 emeralds for a compass.
- This is the intended behavior, it will try to find a matching trade but choose the selected one first if possible. /jeb
[A] [Cr] When you are in your survival inventory while in creative, if you shift-click any item in your inventory, armor, or crafting square, regardless of the item, it will not behave like it should in survival, and instead it will be deleted from your inventory. If you shift-click the output square, it won't do anything, regardless of the number of items or number of crafting squares being used, and so you must craft click-by-click, and even then, it will restore the previous items as they were before being crafted as a drop. --Wormy14 11:53, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] When you are writing a book and notice that a few lines back you made an error, you need to delete everything in order to undo the error. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by League (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
[A] English letters in the "glyph_XX.png" series of font images do not resemble those in default.png. Those png files could simply be edited to match default.png, or even be made into a higher resolution version of the default font because it is 16x16 instead of just 8x8. I am not used to this font and it ruins Pirate English for me. TorchicBlaziken 21:53, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] For a long while, Books have had much more limited functionality. this includes the removal of creating more than one page break, and the removal of not being able to use spaces at the very start of a line. These are important for formatting and decorative reasons. Furthermore, there is no easy way to use the Symbol Sign. --Kizzycocoa 20:11, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] In the Blocks Statistics Tall Gras has the icon of Dead Bush --Kumasasa 10:19, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
You can see the enchantment graphic (the swirly pink-and-blue stuff) on the book in the enchatment table. Take an enchanted item and hold it over it, you'll see it on the three pixels one pixel above the bottom. (Only happens with closed book. Tested with highest-level enchantments on bow, and diamond tools/sword.) -irunor 18:33, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- Added screenshot --Kumasasa 19:01, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, I took a picture too, but I didn't feel like trying to figure out how to post it. -irunor, 19:48, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [SP] Since the world seed has been removed from the debug display and the /seed command requires cheats to be enabled, there is no way to view the world seed on non-cheats-enabled singleplayer worlds. --Phoenix316 17:07, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- Probably exactly that is intended !? --Kumasasa 21:26, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] You cannot move your cursor in books, similar to the way typing worked before updates allowing copy and paste were allowed. Therefore, if a player makes an error on the first line of the page but doesn't notice it until the last line, he/she must erase everything written to correct that errror.
- Edited for clarity. --Keithicus420 18:22, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] [Cr] When holding a map in creative mode, the "Building Blocks" and "Decoration Blocks" tabs show a black background instead of a white one. When clicking on either of the 2 tabs, the black background disappears on the current tab.. The "Building Blocks" tab has the black background at first, but then turns to white when clicking on the "Decoration Blocks" tab only. When the "Building Blocks" tab is selected, the "Decoration Blocks" tab has a black background.
[F] [X] The 'Open Texture Pack Folder' button still does nothing on a Mac. I believe this bug has been around for a while. --220.127.116.11 01:02, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed, it has been around for a long time... at least during beta. --Wormy14 11:53, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] While most items left in a villager's trading slots are dropped when the interface is closed, emeralds are destroyed; they do not drop, and are not in the interface if it is re-opened. While this could be interpreted as villagers being greedy, it's rude and unexpected behavior. -- Orthotope 08:27, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] If you right click the item you are getting in the trading GUI, you only get half the stack, and are completely unable to get the other half, this has screwed me over in hardcore mode many times. I am using snapshot 12w22a --PkmnGod
[F] [X] Shift clicking a stack of something into the enchantment table GUI destroys all but one item in the stack. --18.104.22.168 12:05, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] In Canadian English all the Chainmail armor is called "Chain (Type)" which is appropriate. But the boots are called "Chainmail" still
- I've voted for the chain boots translation on Crowdin, it should be changed the next time the language files are updated. (If the vote stays this way) -- Mustek 16:09, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] In Hebrew, there is no hebrew support for sending or typing out in hebrew, this applies for in-game chat or searching for files in creative mode, looks like encoding issues. --RonAsor 01:11, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] I'd classify this enchantment translation as a bug instead of annoyance, because it shouldnt happen: This Picture shows that the color code isnt implemented to the text, instead, it's added to the end of it (hebrew is alligned right to left instead of left to right.), note that the language pack isnt repsonsible for this (cant edit the color code directly through it, probably hard-coded). --RonAsor 05:17, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The options.farWarning2 line in en_US.lang reads "for 'Far' render distance (you have 32 bit)". In American English, apostrophes are not used as quotation marks unless it is a quotation within a quotation, which this is not. It should read "for "Far" render distance (you have 32 bit)". TorchicBlaziken 21:38, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] When you select language, you can notice that all languages begins with a capital letter, but not Finnish. There is written "suomi (FI)", without the capital letter.
- As a proper noun "Suomi" should be written with a captial letter. --Kumasasa 16:54, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Australian English contains the following (possibly racist) incorrect translations: --CaMoreno3 14:31, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- All oak items are called "Eucalyptus"
- "Furnace" is translated as "Barbie"
- "Minecart" is translated as "Holdenn"
- "Minecart with Chest" is translated as "Holden Ute"
- "Minecart with Furnace" is translated as "Minecart with Barbie"
- "Spawn Cave Spider" is translated as "Spawn Funnel Web"
- "Spawn Squid" is translated as "Spawn Blue-Ringed Octopus"
- "Food" is translated as "Tucker"
- "Fish" is translated as "Barramundi"
- "Shovel" is translated as "Spade"
- "Leather Tunic" is translated as "Leather Jacket"
- "Leather Pants" is translated as "Leather Trousers"
- "Leather Boots" is translated as "Leather Thongs"
- All chain items are called "Chainmail"
- "Chain Chestplate" is translated as "Chainmail Chest"
- "Golden Helmet" is translated as "Golden Cork Cap"
- "Default" is translated as "Same Same"
- "Superflat" is translated as "Real flat"
- "Statistics" is translated as "Check ya stats?"
- This is someone's attempt at creating a joke language akin to Pirate or Klingon by using Australian slang. I don't think Australian players seriously require a language other than English. Whether its an acceptable joke language is another question --Mattrition 14:36, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- The discussion regarding this annoyance has been moved to the talk page. Please post any further comments there.--CaMoreno3 20:09, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] In hebrew, Bonus chests appear as "Bonus breasts" in the new world creation menu, the correct translation should be "[תיבות בונוס [פעילות\כבויות" --RonAsor 01:11, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Somehow I don't think this was an accident... Where there's some vandalism there's probably more. Too bad I can't check as I know nothing about Hebrew. --Moxxy 05:48, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- This also applies to Romanian. It should be "Cufăr Bonus" instead of "Piept Bonus" and so the GUI tag for the chest should be "Cufăr" not "Piept". (Yeah, I'm Romanian... so? mind your own business, racists) <MCKMan> 12:44, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- I highly suggest that you both submit those translations to the Crowdin Project. -- Mustek 16:06, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have applied some fixes on the crowdin but I thought it wasnt enough, so I unpacked the JAR and started working on the whole thing from scratch, I have it fixed and running under my machine, and posted the language file on the IRC channel,thanks for the help. --RonAsor 01:11, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The new ender portal frame is incorrectly labeled "End Portal".
- Moved this to language issues. -- Mustek 16:02, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] In the Blocks Statistics there are missing several tooltips (Sapling, Wood Slab, Pumpkin stem ...) --Kumasasa 10:19, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Not all blocks that can be obtained using cheats or commands have tooltips. Examples: Block 36 and Block 119.
[F] [X] The double chest GUI has the caption "Large Chest" in all languages --Kumasasa 17:43, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- What's wrong with that caption exactly? Am I missing something? --Mattrition 08:20, 14 June 2012 (UTC)