Mojang has an official bug tracker and does not track bugs for any editions of Minecraft on this wiki. Please use the appropriate bug tracker to report and view current bug reports.
Legacy Console: bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCCE.
For further info, see the issues notice page.
Do not delete this page, any issues currently being recorded are purely for archiving purposes.
- 1 Crashing/system
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Blocks
- 4 Items
- 5 World generator
- 6 Mobs/NPCs/animals
- 7 Graphical/lighting
- 8 Sounds
- 9 Menus
- 10 In-game interfaces/HUD
- 11 Chat/commands
- 12 Language/text files
- 13 References
[!!] [SMP] Dedicated server crash when a second player joined, out of memory crash. I'm going to continue to write about this until it's fixed, it's weird there's no feedback from mojang regarding this. It's going to be gamebreaking for everyone that play online. --Shelter 17:55, 23 October 2012 (UTC) This is a later crash report that occured this evening:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Oops. Time: 10/23/12 9:49 PM Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded at java.lang.Long.valueOf(Unknown Source) at adw.a(SourceFile:18) at aaa.a(SourceFile:29) at aac.e(SourceFile:512) at id.f(SourceFile:115) at id.c(SourceFile:73) at ic.<init>(SourceFile:26) at ib.a(SourceFile:171) at ib.d(SourceFile:299) at ge.d(SourceFile:147) at im.a(SourceFile:295) at dt.a(SourceFile:136) at bx.b(SourceFile:341) at im.d(SourceFile:73) at in.b(SourceFile:35) at hk.b(SourceFile:30) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(SourceFile:731) at hg.r(SourceFile:233) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:661) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:595) at fp.run(SourceFile:818) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 1.4.1 - Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.38-8-server - Java Version: 1.7.0_03, Oracle Corporation - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation - Memory: 36083600 bytes (34 MB) / 501809152 bytes (478 MB) up to 501809152 bytes (478 MB) - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx512M -Xms512M - AABB Pool Size: 31934 (1788304 bytes; 1 MB) allocated, 29629 (1659224 bytes; 1 MB) used - Is Modded: Unknown (can't tell) - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled) - Vec3 Pool Size: 5211 (291816 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 3892 (217952 bytes; 0 MB) used - Player Count: 4 / 5; [ih['koppar2'/1316, l='world', x=959.90, y=63.00, z=546.26], ih['Loomaz'/35696, l='world', x=-640.88, y=63.00, z=827.36], ih['krijo'/36580, l='world', x=-638.10, y=63.00, z=822.80], ih['shelter'/42808, l='world', x=-787.84, y=64.97, z=799.85]] - World world Entities: 0 total;  - World world Players: 0 total;  - World world Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0 - Type: Dedicated Server
- Did you experience this crash more than once? Have you experienced it in 1.4.1pre? If your answer to either one of those is "no" then don't expect to get a response from Mojang. From what you have posted it is easy to assume that you either experienced a freak crash that will never happen again or that the bug has been fixed in 1.4.1pre Regdoug 19:28, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- We've had this issue since 12w37a. I've seen him post on almost every snapshot and pre-release about this bug. It's a very annoying bug that has happened repeatedly to my server. Phascinate 15:44, 23 October 2012 (EST)
- Yes, check my previous bug reports, last working server is 12w36a. :( From what I've seen it usually crashes upon player joins or portal usage, other than that I haven't seen anything special to pin down the crashes. --Shelter 21:27, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- I also have seen the same problem, starting after 12w36a. Exact same symptoms, resulting in out of memory exception and server crash 2-5 times a day. Three players should have no trouble running on 1.5GB of RAM! -jamminjulia 19:32, 23 October 2012 (EST)
- 512 MB server and it will crash every couple of hours even if there is only one player online. Also getting the Out of Memory crash reports, but with the sub-text of javaheapspace. -MrScaryMuffin 3:12, 24 October 2012 (EST)
- 1G server and will crash occasionally via portal usage, and exploring terrain via boat. 04:51, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- 512Mb server with one player only connected on it crashes every ~2h when building structures, more often when exploring new chunks and/or using portals. A real gamebreaker 18.104.22.168 12:19, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- We've spent a lot of time trying to detect if there are any memory leaks, but haven't found anything. It's possible that there is something special going on in your world, so could you upload it somewhere and email me about it instead? Thanks, / jeb_
- Alternatively, if you have the jdk on your server computer, and notice that the server is close to crashing, dump the memory with jmap so we can analyze it! :) / jeb_
- Here's mine http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1752269/world.zip --Shelter 13:24, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- Sent mine through email, but posting it here as well: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24547499/DemBones%20House%20of%20Horror.zip DarkWolff 13:37, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[!] When you create a flatland world, delete it and create a normal world with the exact same name and seed, sometimes the chunks that had already been generated in the flatland world, will still be flatland in the nornal world.
- when you delete the first flatland world, delete it also in your saves folder.
[!] Paintings don't check for collision with other paintings when placed. -- Daniel 14:43, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[!] Extended duration potions end prematurely, with ~2:00 minutes remaining (small correction, happens at 1:33 remaining). Effect disappears from character and inventory screen. This bug happened consistently with extended duration strength and fire resistance potions. Have not tried with normal duration potions, yet. -- Brandon 3:34 (updated at 3:43), 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- Upped to major bug. Because of this, I drowned in lava with a large number of valuables. (Also, this has been present for quite a while now.) - Weena 06:46, 24 October (UTC)
[X] When riding a pig on half-blocks or stairs, pig constantly jumping and ride is very slow. Upside down slabs/stairs works fine. Video demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHza0CJlaxU&feature=youtu.be -- Cabbagehead9 16:12, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] If a Zombie stops or is stopped before it finishes breaking a door the cracks it made are left behind, then if the door is removed it leaves behind a "cracks block?" (not an actual block). If anything is put in it's place even if it's a different shape (e.g. Fence) the cracks wrap around the object though it doesn't become damaged. The "block" and it's affects disappear after a few seconds or a chunk reload. --5ives 20:14, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Fishing rod cannot work properly when the player is standing on ice. When the bobber sinks (it indicates a fish is hanged by the hook), reel the rod can't get the fish and the rod won't get damaged. 22.214.171.124 04:18, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] When reaching the end of a nether portal, the animation plays (even in creative) forever and never does anything.--5ives 20:14, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] Flowing water can still drag players while flying. --5ives 20:26, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] When in a flatword map, flying high enough reveals two suns. --CookooCam 20:32, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] The Minecraft launcher (Minecraft.exe) has the potential to stop users from joining offline servers, the user's email address will be set as their name if the official Minecraft logon servers are down and the email address could possibly go over the maximum 16 characters in a name, kicking the player out
[!] Furnaces can be glitched to have infinite fuel. Put a lava bucket in, put some things in to smelt, re-logged and furnace GUI flames never decreased but smelted things. Marked as major due to it being very similar to a duplication bug.
- Actually, it might possibly be visual, but is not fixed after re-log, checking now.
- Try this. Add lava, add processable, wait couple of minutes (do not log out) >result> meter showing state of fuel is decreased. Logging out causes the whole thing. It's visual thing that makes game forgot what type of fuel was used. It turns assumed fuel type to 1 process lasting without changing how much there is left of it. That result's it to be constantly full until very last seconds. --126.96.36.199 14:52, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- This is known and will be fixed in the future.
|“||Visual bug with the renderer that we can't fix until the rewrite||„|
|— Dinnerbone on Anvils still drops sideways|
--Kumasasa 19:06, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Repeaters do not always lose their signal correctly when supplied with a repeating pulse. This seems to occur when the pulse length is equal to or less than the repeater's delay setting. As a specific example, if you have a series of repeaters set to a 4-tick delay and use a 5-clock and edge detector/pulse limiter that defaults to "on" with 3-tick "off" pulses, all but the last repeater will carry the wave of pulses; the last repeater will be stuck on. However, if you place another repeater after that one, it will start working again. The new repeater, if set to 4 ticks, will also get stuck on. Interestingly, the repeater can be turned sideways so that the previous one locks it instead of transferring the signal, and all repeaters will function correctly--the repeaters work as expected as long as they're followed by another repeater. See this video for a visual demonstration (more than this one example): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7WOHNOWF3I. - Aedarin 02:45, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] When you design this circuit and place TNT where the piston heads are, it will create a ghost block of TNT for a second before it disappears. http://imgur.com/6ErPP -circuit http://imgur.com/nBkeS -ghost block SpyGreen 01:16, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Command blocks (triggered by stone pressure plates directly connected to them) behave strangely when teleporting players. Sometimes, the player is teleported a little inside the destination block, trapping the player until (s)he relogs. Sometimes, the block will not teleport you, but the screen will flash black for a split second and the player will still be at the command block. If the teleport takes you to unloaded chucks, the terrain fails to appear for the client, again trapping the player until (s)he relogs. This is over a distance of about 100-200 blocks. Somewhat problematic for map makers. 188.8.131.52 12:30, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Fire that is caused by lightning strike and subsequently extinguished by rain leaves ghost fire blocks that don't spread or do damage and don't appear to extinguish themselves until relogging. 184.108.40.206 12:43, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- I noticed this on my hardcore world, i had a few items i wanted to delete, so i tossed them in. Even though i watched them disappear, i also watched them stack back up in my inventory (this was raw chicken, a creeper blew up my house where my furnace was and didn't return it.). Then i realised this was glitched fire, if i remove the block beneath it it simply disappeared, but if i placed it back the fire reappeared. If i tossed an item into the fire when it was invisible i also saw it catch flame and disappear, but i could still recollect it. the only way to remove it was to place a block on the fire and remove it, relogging also worked. Something i'd like to test is if you burn an item in glitched fire, disconnect and reconnect that if the item was still there. Trigger hurt 13:48, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] Breaking a block next to, above or below an open trapdoor closes it. --5ives 20:13, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Same thing with fence doors. - Vitus92 10:14, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] When shooting a fully drawn bow into a nether portal from only one block away, the arrow will not go through the portal. --CookooCam
[X] Hitting a mob while it is in its invulnerable state decreases the durability of your sword/tool without doing damage. (A wooden sword's durability can be reduced to less than half on a single zombie.) (220.127.116.11 08:32, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- I dont think this is a bug, it only make sense, if you keep hitting something that is indestructible with anything, the tool will break before what you hit...Raplemie 15:43, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] Ender Pearls don't work in creative. --5ives 20:32, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Still? they need to fix that, transportation would be a lot faster if ender pearls worked. However this has been an annoyance/bug since they were first introduced. Trigger hurt 23:19, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] When NAMING items, if you try name over expensive item, it say too expensive. There should be way to make non-nameable, but not this way. Maybe have interface tick on anvil that is on creative that controls if items is nameable in survival EDIT:or maybe even have that tick on survival too but only available when item is still nameable. (over expensive can be created in creative) --18.104.22.168 08:24, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] When zombie get invicibilty potion, villager still run from them, its work vice verca N8D13ja0o
[X] when pushing villagers onto stairs, they start sinking into the stairs, an extra block downward. Trigger hurt 15:04, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Slimes sometimes have the wrong size hitboxes. It makes it sometimes very hard to melee a large slime. (And tiny slimes cover large areas where you can't interact with things) --Masa 22:25, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- same in 1.4.2pre, no bug list for that yet. With the increase in spawning, it's a big problem. Seems to be mostly in water that I've seen -Porrohman
[X] Endermen forget their rage once they've teleported. Possibly only applies if they teleport into sunlight - I repeatedly attacked/aggravated one on the surface and after each teleport he seemed to have very little interest in retaliating. This was on hard mode too. --22.214.171.124 22:52, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Also happened when they teleport after hitting water. Not sure about arrows though. --Dorkster 16:09, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A!] Zombie Pigmen add the gold sword damage to their base damage which increases their attack power drastically, making them hit harder than Endermen. --126.96.36.199 14:36, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- To add to that, Zombie Pigmen have an unfairly long reach, making it extremely difficult to hit them back, sometimes impossible to hit without taking damage on servers. --Ningamerl 14:50, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A!] After mobs die, their hitbox remains throughout their death animation. This is annoying because it takes tool/sword durability rapidly and stops you from hitting any other mobs close to the one killed. This has been here for a while, but has really come out for me after the SSP merge. If the hitbox could simply be removed after the mob receives the killing blow, this would be so much better. Also, mainly noticed and annoying in a flatland chicken farm while trying to kill them with a stone sword: one would die but remain in the death animation and while I clicked it was breaking my sword and not hurting anything else.
[A!] When dying, a Wither Skeleton has a chance to pick up its own dropped head, causing the head to disappear. The head will briefly appear with the dropped coal and bones but disappears just before the fallen Wither Skeleton corpse despawns. Mining around where the Whither Skeleton was killed does not reveal a head so I assume the Skeleton picked it up as it died. 188.8.131.52 08:26, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] The player's legs do not line up properly with the torso. It seems that each leg is set back a few pixels, and each leg is set inward a few pixels (legs overlap one another on their inner face). -- Gilmoreja 02:19, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Any block placed above cloud level will disappear when a cloud passes below it but the sun, moon, and stars can be seen through the clouds when blocks are present behind the clouds.--Sickma 15:34, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] (Mossy) Cobblestone Walls attached with different kinds of solid blocks have a graphical glitch. See http://imgur.com/6QPk4, http://imgur.com/zzeYw . I'm using Windows 7 64bit / Java 1.7.0_07-b10 / NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti with 306.97 driver with no custom settings. --Daybreaker 15:45, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- I confirmed that this may be the same bug in Asmcsl's report. My Anvils have the same glitch. It seems that if a block model contacts with its neighbor (solid block) then the game engine removes or hides the surfaces looking at that direction. This symptom happen with all other non-rectangular blocks or those which have multiple surfaces including at least one surface meeting with the block boundary--such as cobblestone walls, fences, ender portal frame filled with an eye of ender, and beacon. Other blocks such as chests, ender chests does not have this glitch and they have no surface meeting the block boundary. Stairs are another exception case. Maybe this is a bug due to optimization? --Daybreaker 16:12, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Fence gates have no textures on one side when open, similar to the bug mentioned above. --Shelter 11:38, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] In multiplayer Item Frames show colored armor as normal leather armor.
[X] The player's head orientation (or wearable item orientation, other than the armor) seems to get stuck to the one it was at when drinking a potion of invisibility. It resets when the potion effect runs out. This can be seen by wearing a pumpkin while invisible and using F5. Also, the weapon and tool use/hit animations don't work while invisible. (Sword block animation does work though) --Masa 22:28, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] In SMP text on signs will sometimes disappear and require the player affected to log off and then back on to fix it, which is sometimes unsuccessful requiring them to log off and back on again. This only seems to happen after going far enough away from the signs for the most part, however rarely the text will disappear even when close enough that the chunk which they are in hasn't unloaded.
[X] Dropping a damaged anvil doesn't make a sound when it breaks by fall damage. -- Mustek 13:52, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Carts don't stop making sound when they stop riding. -- Mustek 13:52, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Su] The fire extinguish sound does not play in survival, it only works in creative. In survival you get the hitting a block sound for the block behind the fire. (bug present since 1.3 snapshots) --Masa 22:24, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] The enderman staring sound looks weird. If you stare at an enderman it will play the sound based on his actual position (if you are infront of him the sound will play, but if he teleports away the sound will change the volume based by the distance between the enderman and you), but when you kill him while the sound is still playing, the sound will play until it ends, even if the enderman is already dead. Tested on SSP and SMP. --184.108.40.206 11:50, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] Throwing an Eye of Ender or Ender Pearl underwater plays the splash sound repeatedly until it reaches the surface, stops moving or gets picked up. --5ives 20:30, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] When turning fullscreen off or on in the video settings then hitting F11 to switch back it doesn't work and the fullscreen status is incorrect (assuming was correct in the first place) e.g. it says 'Fullscreen: ON' when in windowed mode. --5ives 20:34, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Not sure, but I think the fullscreen setting is mainly used to determine if Minecraft should start in fullscreen or not. So, if you switch out of fullscreen manually, it won't change the fact that Minecraft defaults to fullscreen when started. 220.127.116.11 07:56, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[Cr] [A] The "search items" creative menu box's text is misplaced if you have any potion effects active. 18.104.22.168 13:55, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] Text boxes reset when the window changes size or fullscreen/windowed mode is toggled. --5ives 09:42, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] If the inventory is open when a potion affect is cast upon a player the status doesn't show unless a potion was affecting them before it was opened. If the inventory is left open as an affect wears off (assuming the status is there) it remains pushed over as if the status was still there. Statuses can be updated by re-opening the inventory or toggling fullcreen/windowed mode. --5ives 09:42, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] None of the F-buttons (including F3's combinations) work while the inventory (or other interfaces an anvil) are opened or the game is paused except for: F2, F11 and I think F3+S (worked in 1.2.5 and 1.3.2). I couldn't figure out a way to test F3+T and F3+S (only when my sound isn't working), can anyone help me out? --5ives 09:42, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] The performance graph covers the pause menu. --5ives 09:42, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] The game cannot be auto paused when the inventory (or other interfaces like an anvil) are open. Some people trust the game to pause when the window's focus is lost. --5ives 09:42, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- And if it auto paused every time, people would complain that they cannot lose focus and leave game running. Just use escape when want to pause. (tho they could add setting for that kind of behaviour.) --22.214.171.124 11:34, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
Shift-F3 shows the pie chart of memory usage - Zudo
- Intended behavior -_-!
Kumasasa 18:10, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- I've moved it to fixed/skipped and struck it through to mark it invalid.--126.96.36.199 01:50, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] When saving a screenshot then clicking on the file name in the console, Minecraft treats it as a link to a website and opens for e.g. '2012-12-25_00.00.00.png' in your default web browser without a 'file:///' prefix. --5ives 09:43, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] If you try to change your gamemode to the one your in it still tells you "Your game mode has been changed" but it hasn't. --5ives 09:43, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[X] The name of the Wither is in German Withern (should be of course Wither). In crowdin.net the entry
entity.WitherBoss.name has vanished. --Kumasasa 17:00, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] In Pirate Speak Cobblestone and Gravel are both called "Pebbles". Given their similar textures, this could cause confusion. --5ives 09:44, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
[A] In the search tab in the inventory when using Pirate Speak "Search for yer loot" touches the text box. --5ives 09:44, 24 October 2012 (UTC)