|Catches fire from lava||
dec: 101 hex: 65 bin: 1100101
Iron bars are blocks that serve a similar purpose to glass panes, but made of iron instead of glass.
Iron bars will regenerate on end pillars when the ender dragon is res pawned.
Iron bars can be mined using any pickaxe. If mined without a pickaxe, it drops nothing.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds. For more information, see Haste § Instant mining.
Iron bars can be used to create arrow slits when placed between a door and a solid block. This creates a small gap between the door and the iron bars that mobs can see through (and attempt to attack the player through), and through which arrows can be shot. Arrows cannot be shot through iron bars themselves, despite the latter appearing to have gaps (at least while using the default texture pack) inside the block. If shot between the bars, an arrow appears to float between the bars.
Iron bars can be placed in much the same way as fences or glass panes. If no solid block is adjacent to the bars, they have appearance of a slim, tall column. If something is placed next to iron bars, they appear either flat, shaped, shaped or shaped, depending on the blocks surrounding it.
Iron bars speed up the curing process of zombie villagers.
|Sound||Subtitle||Namespaced ID||Subtitle ID||Source||Pitch||Volume||Attenuation distance|
||(Plays when fallen on from a height)||Blocks||1.125||0.5||16|
|Name||Default value||Allowed values||Description|
|east||When true, the iron bars extends from the center post to the east.|
|north||When true, the iron bars extends from the center post to the north.|
|south||When true, the iron bars extends from the center post to the south.|
|waterlogged||Whether or not there's water in the same place as these iron bars.|
|west||When true, the iron bars extends from the center post to the west.|
|Java Edition Beta|
|July 11, 2011||Notch revealed two new screenshots of a stronghold (in two different brightness settings) where the bars can be clearly seen alongside other common stronghold blocks. The lighting differences have been explained a bit (though not necessarily completely correctly) by a user on the forums.|
|1.8||Pre-release||Added iron bars.|
|Iron bars currently do not render their side edge faces. Also, their top and bottom faces are not rendered when connected to other blocks.|
|1.4.2||12w32a||Zombie villagers can now be cured. Putting iron bars close to the zombie villager helps speed up the process.|
|1.7.2||13w41a||Iron bars now connect to glass, stained glass and glass panes.|
|1.8||?||Iron bars on top of one another display now a texture at the top/bottom joint of the two blocks.|
|1.9||15w31a||Iron bars without any connecting blocks are now 2x2 pixels in footprint (rather than .)|
|The outside edges of iron bars now have textures.|
|The tallest obsidian pillars had iron bars around their end crystals, until 16w07a.|
|15w43a||Iron bars now generate within igloo basements.|
|15w46a||Iron bars center beams now have both edge side texture, which has changed the textures from to .|
|16w07a||Iron bars have now been removed from obsidian pillars.|
|pre1||Two of the shorter, thinner obsidian pillars in the End now have a cage of iron bars around their end crystals.|
|1.11||16w39a||Iron bars now generate in woodland mansions.|
|1.12||17w15a||Iron bars now connect to the solid back sides of stairs.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 101.|
|18w10c||Water can now be placed on the same block as iron bars.|
|1.14||18w43a||The textures of iron bars have now been changed.|
|1.14.3||pre3||Torches can now be placed on iron bars and glass panes.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.8.0||build 2||Added iron bars.|
|0.9.0||build 1||Iron bars now spawn naturally in strongholds and villages.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Iron bars now generate on top of end pillars.|
|Iron bars now generate within igloo basements.|
|1.1.0||alpha 188.8.131.52||Iron bars now generate in woodland mansions.|
|?||?||Iron bars without any connecting blocks are now 2x2 pixels in footprint (rather than .) |
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||The textures of iron bars have now been changed.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU5||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added iron bars.|
|TU54||CU44||1.52||Patch 24||1.0.4||Iron bars now connect to the solid back side of stairs.|
|1.90||The textures of iron bars have now been changed.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added iron bars.|
- A 2x2 area made of the iron bars can make a square shaped hole big enough for the player and most mobs to fit through, but not rain, water, etc. that can be used as an easy entrance for an underwater house, and even an exit if pistons are used. Glass panes work in the same way.
- If a sign or a painting is placed on the iron bars, it appears to float in the air.
- Iron bars also prevent fire from spreading, i.e. surrounding a fire with iron bars prevent wooden items from being lit aflame.
- Despite apparently being thin enough to do so, iron bars do not let a ghast's explosion touch the block beneath them as long as the block is protected from other angles of the explosion affecting it. This, in theory, means you should be able to use iron bars and sticky pistons to make openable/closeable shutters.
- If an iron bar is connected to a block and a rail is placed on the block, the top texture of the iron bar disappears.
- While curing a zombie villager, iron bars placed nearby speed up the healing process. The same happens with beds, and both these things occur in the stereotypical prison cell, encouraging players to imprison them.
- If placed on top of a single cactus, only the corners can damage.
- The player cannot shoot arrows through iron bars.
- Since iron bars are 1 block high, the player can normally jump over iron bars, unlike fences.
- In the code, iron bars are known as fenceIron.
- Despite the fact that iron bars are completely made of iron, they cannot be smelted into iron nuggets.
A jail cell made out of iron bars and cobblestone.