dec: 351 hex: 15F bin: 101011111
Ink sacs are the darkest primary color dye.
- See also: Squid farming
Squids drop 1–3 ink sacs upon death.
Ink sacs can be obtained as a “junk” item from fishing.
|Ink Sac||1 Iron
Like all other dyes, ink sacs can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of black wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Used to dye/stain wool, leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta and shulker boxes.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to dye shulkers.[Bedrock Edition only]
- Used to dye water contained in cauldrons.[Bedrock Edition only]
- Combined with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
- Combined with compounds to craft balloons or glow sticks.[Bedrock and Education editions only]
Ink sacs have the ID name
|7||Light Gray Dye|
|12||Light Blue Dye|
|1.2||Added ink sacs.|
|1.3.1||12w17a||Ink sacs are now used to craft book and quills.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added the ability to dye leather armor and wolf collars.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Ink sacs can be crafted with gunpowder to create a firework star.|
|1.6.1||13w19a||Stained clay can now be crafted.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||With the addition of new flowers, many secondary and tertiary dyes are now primary dyes.|
|13w41a||Stained glass can now be crafted.|
|1.8||14w25a||Ink sacs are now used to craft dark prismarine.|
|14w30a||Added banners which can be dyed.|
|1.11||16w39a||Added the ability to dye shulker boxes.|
|1.12||17w15a||Added the ability to dye beds.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.8.0||build 3||Ink sacs are now available in creative.|
|0.9.0||Ink sacs now generate in village and stronghold chests.|
|0.11.0||build 1||Ink sacs can now be obtained from squid.|
|Ink sacs can now be obtained as a junk item from fishing.|
|0.14.0||build 1||Ink Sac now can be used to dye water in cauldron.|
|0.16.0||Ink sacs are no longer used to craft cocoa beans.|
|Ink Sac can be used to craft Dark Prismarine.|
|1.0||build 1||Ink Sac can be used to dye Shulker.|
|1.1||build 1||Ink sacs are now used to re-dye a bed.|
|Ink Sac now can be used to dye shulker box.|
|build ???||Ink sacs can only be used to dye white bed and no longer can be used to re-dye colored bed into black bed.|
|1.2||build 1||Ink Sac can be used to craft book and quil.|
|Added banner which can be dyed.|
|Ink Sac can be crafted with gunpowder to create firework star.|
|Ink sac now used to craft Black concrete powder.|
|Stained Glass can now be crafted.|
|1.2.20||build 1||Ink Sac now can be crafted from iron, sulfur, and 4 oxygen in Compound Creator.|
Issues relating to "Ink Sac" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- In the statistics menu, the item name “Ink Sac” does not appear when the cursor is hovered over its image in the statistics page. This is due to it referring to all dyes combined.