Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Java Edition Infdev 20100327
(Redirected from Infdev (March 27, 2010))
March 27, 2010
- The game now automatically saves while playing.
- The Far Lands generate 12,550,820 blocks away on the XYZ axis.
- The terrain generator has been revamped.
- The level format has been updated from the Indev level format to the Alpha level format.
- The world saving interface has been revamped. It is now identical to the system seen in Alpha through early Beta.
- The player dying causes the contents of their inventory to drop, and respawns the player at the starting location, rather than forcing the player to reload the last save.
- The player no longer starts with any items in new worlds.
- The "generate new level..." button has been replaced with a "single player" button which opens a world selection screen, in which worlds can be loaded, created, and deleted. The "load level.." button has been replaced with a "multi player" button, although it is always grayed out.
- Brick pyramids have been removed.
- Caves and flowers no longer generate, as they are not yet implemented in the new terrain generator.
- The defunct map theme, map shape, and map type buttons have been removed from the interface.
- Slabs have lighting bugs.
- Naturally-generated places that do not have direct exposure to the sky (e.g. cliff overhangs) are completely dark until given a light/block update.
- The top of the map is fully lit and causes crashes.
- After dying, the player's body remains lying where they died. The body can be pushed around and still has the idle animation, as if it were still alive.
- After loading an existing world, ores and trees regenerate if the conditions are correct (e.g. the place where ore would generate is filled with stone).
- Wheat crops retain their growth stage after being broken, resulting in newly-planted crops to take on the growth stage of the crops previously occupying that block.
- Containers (i.e. chests and furnaces) sometimes do not save.
- The Far Lands now generate.
- The game's performance no longer drastically degrades progressively.
- "Infdev’s been updated with saving and new terrain" – The Word of Notch, March 27, 2010