Java Edition Infdev 20100313
(Redirected from Infdev (March 13, 2010))
March 13, 2010
- Faster sky brightness re-calculation.
- The player spawns with more items when creating a new world: 999 glass blocks, 999 planks, 999 torches, 999 pairs of flint and steel, 999 diamond shovels, 999 diamond pickaxes, 999 lava source blocks, and 999 water source blocks.
- Diamond Tool durability has been increased from 257 to 513.
- The game now keeps a cyclic buffer of near chunks in memory, so it will no longer run out of memory when players walk for a long distance.
- However, the game does not yet save anything to the disk, so players lose data from chunks they unload.
- Pressing F will now reload chunks too instead of just hiding them behind a fog.
- Fog is now further from the player
- Fog is now slightly blueish
- Changed terrain generation.[verify]
- Oceans are now much larger.
- Fire, gears, torches and crops have a texture when placed
- Torches can be placed on the sides of blocks again
- Furnaces have a face
- Block breaking cracks now show up consistently
- Opening the inventory crashes the game.
- However, you can still access the inventory through a crafting table
- Slabs have lighting bugs.
- The test skybox has been removed; the sky now more closely resembles what it is in modern versions.
- Obsidian walls.
- Phew, lighting works now. – The Word of Notch, March 13, 2010