Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Infdev (February 27, 2010)
February 27, 2010
The first version of Minecraft Infdev was released on February 27, 2010.
- Generates at the exact same positions regardless of world seed[verify]
- Generate at 0 on X and Z axis
- At X/Z: 1,024 the skybox around the world stops rendering, giving way to a blank light blue sky. At around X/Z: 16,384 blocks away, a noticeable sound glitch begins to take shape. It will always sound like the player is waling on a block, even when they are standing still. At around X/Z: 65,536 blocks away, the hit box begins to lose it's shape. At X/Z: 131,072 the gaps between chunks begin to become jumpy and distorted. These effects begin to double every exponent of two that you walk from here. At X/Z: 2,097,152 the effects become so severe that the world seems to not render completely at certain angles. At X/Z ±16,777,216 blocks are no longer solid, allowing the player to fall and hit a layer of lava. At X/Z ±33,554,432 the Far Lands start to generate. They look very different from the normal Far Lands as they are just a giant wall of stone blocks that go from sea level to the height limit. At X/Z ±2,147,483,647 where terrain disappears completely. Beyond here, the game crashes.
- A 1536x1536 test skybox, which is completely blue (hex:#0000FF).
- The player spawns with 999 glass and 990 wooden planks in new worlds.
- The world now generates "infinitely", as it does in modern versions.
- Entities "no longer work".
- As a result, mobs no longer spawn, third person view does not render the player (however the camera is still pulled out), blocks no longer drop anything, and dropping items effectively deletes them.
- The terrain generates much like it did during Classic.
- Map theme, map shape, and map type no longer have any effect, as all Infdev maps are the same.
- Level saving is no longer functional, as saving a level produces an empty .mclevel file.