When creating a new world, the player spawns inside the Indev House located in the center of the world.
It is a 7 block wide × 7 block long × 4 block tall structure, with a 1×2 hole for players to exit and two torches on the interior. When Indev Houses were added, they were made of moss stone (which was unavailable naturally on the map anywhere else) and 4 chests, one filled with TNT, one with a full stack (99 at the time) of every type of block, another with every type of item and one filled with every color of wool. As Indev progressed from testing items and blocks to testing the actual survival aspect, these chests were removed. Later, the design of the house was changed. The floor was changed to stone and the walls and roof were changed to planks.
- Indev 0124
- Contained every block in the game except for Dirt, Water, Lava, and Double Slabs.
- A smaller chest contained a shovel, pickaxe, axe, flint and steel, 99 apples, a bow and 99 arrows.
- Indev 0125-1
- Added a double chest filled with stacks of 99 TNT.
- Indev 0125-2
- Wool has been seperated from the main chest of blocks to its own chest
- Indev 0128
- 100 of Coal, Diamond, Iron Ingot, Gold Ingot added to the items chest. Iron, wood, stone and diamond shovels, pickaxes, axes and swords added.
- Blocks and items are now found in stacks of 100.
- Indev 0129-2
- Removed TNT and wool chests.
- Removed all items from the blocks and items chests.
- Indev 0130
- Removed the remaining chests.
|Java Edition Indev|
|0.31||20100124||Added Indev House.|
|The Indev House is made of mossy cobblestone with two torches and three chests.|
|20100125-1||Added chest with TNT to the Indev house.|
|Minecraft Indev||20100214-1||The Indev House is now made of planks and stone.|
|Java Edition Infdev|
|Minecraft Infdev||20100227-1||The Indev House has now been removed.|