The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100203
(Redirected from Indev 0.31 (February 3, 2010))
February 2, 2010
- Added new splashes:
- As seen on TV!
- 100% pure!
- May contain nuts!
- Better than Prey!
- More polygons!
- Limited edition!
- Flashing letters!
- Made by Notch!
- Coming soon!
- Best in class!
- When it's finished!
- Absolutely dragon free!
- More than 4000 sold!
- One of a kind!
- 700+ hits on YouTube!
- Spiders everywhere!
- Check it out!
- Holy cow, man!
- It's a game!
- Made in Sweden!
- Uses LWJGL!
- Reticulating splines!
- Alpha version!
- Keyboard compatible!
- Harder materials no longer require better tools.[note 2]
- No longer require a pickaxe to break the block, although a pickaxe breaks it much faster[note 2]
- Old mobs in MD3 format added.
- Are passive due to their hostile AI missing.
- Now spawn with no wool.
- Removed from the game.
- Two versions may have been released
- Evidence suggests the existence of two versions being released very close to one another.
- The 23:27 blog post announcing this version's release occurred 4 minutes before this page's client jar was packaged (23:31).
- That blog post features Notch complaining about not yet getting mobs to function, yet gameplay of this page's client jar contains all of the old mobs, with animation.
- It's unclear whether Notch's release blog post was intended as a prank, because he ends the post with the teaser, "But I did get some stuff in to this update. I’ll keep the details secret this time, though. (No new crafting)."
- Other possible explanations:
- He might have accidentally (or even intentionally) published a prepared blog post before the building/packaging of that version had finished.
- The building, packaging, uploading, etc. of this version may have encountered a technical issue that took several minutes to resolve.
- Notch's use of "functioning" in his blog post might instead be referring to whether the hostile mobs are able to act with hostility toward the player.
- While some sources imply that this version was released on February 3, it was actually released at 23:27 UTC on February 2 (which is 00:27 on February 3, Sweden time).
- This has been verified during gameplay of this page's client jar, dated February 2, 2010 23:31 UTC.
- "No functioning mobs today, unfortunately" – The Word of Notch, February 2, 2010.