|This article may need cleanup to improve its quality, possibly to comply with the style guide.|
Illagers are hostile mobs that look similar to villagers, wandering traders, and witches. The illagers are considered "exiled", "outcast", or "offshoot" villagers because they pursue and attack players, villagers, wandering traders, snow golems,[Bedrock Edition only] and iron golems. These mobs are a major enemy in Minecraft Dungeons.
Only the pillager, vindicator, and evoker can spawn naturally. The illusioner is exclusive to the Java Edition, and is unused. Vexes can be summoned by evokers, who can spawn in woodland mansions and raids.
- Evoker — casts spells when fighting
- Illusioner[Java Edition only] — casts spells when fighting
- Ravager[Bedrock and Legacy Console editions only]
- Vindicator — can break down doors like zombies, in normal or hard mode
There are 3 specific criteria for a mob to be considered an illager:
- "Johnny" vindicators do not attack the mob.
- The mob can not be damaged by evoker fangs.
- The mob does not fight back when hit by an arrow shot by a pillager or illusioner.[Java Edition only]
Illagers don't spawn alone. They always spawn naturally in groups such as patrols or raids, or inside their structures.
Monsters that spawn in raids
- Ravager — not an illager In Java Edition because "Johnny" vindicators attack them without being attacked by the ravager in return.
- Vex — "Johnny" vindicators attack them. They spawn when summoned by an evoker.
- Witch — "Johnny" vindicators attack them, and they also take damage from evoker fangs. If a witch is hit by a pillager or "Johnny" vindicator, the witch does not fight back.[Java Edition only]
Evokers, illusioners and vindicators can open doors like villagers, using a spell, which does not rest their spell cool down. Note that pillagers (and witches and vexes) cannot.
All of them can spawn reinforcements when hit, like zombies do. Their reinforcements include other illagers and ravagers.
All illagers and vexes ignore baby villagers.
Non-pillager and ravager illagers attack pillagers who attack them.