|This article may need cleanup to improve its quality, possibly to comply with the style guide. [ ]|
An illager is a type of hostile mob that has features resembling a villager, wandering trader, zombie villager and witch. Illagers are "exiled", "outcast", or "offshoot" villagers because they pursue and attack players, villagers (only adult [BE only]), wandering traders, snow golems [BE only] and iron golems.
- Evoker — summons vexes and evoker fangs. Spawns in woodland mansions and raids.
- Illusioner[JE only][unused mob] — attacks with a bow, may inflict Blindness and summon duplicates while becoming invisible.
- Pillager — attacks with a crossbow. Passive when unarmed (JE only). Spawns in patrols, pillager outposts, and raids.
- Ravager — May be ridden by pillagers or evokers during raids.
- Ravagers can also be ridden by vindicators during raids.[JE only]
- Vindicator — attacks with an iron axe; break wooden doors in normal or hard modes[JE only] during raids[BE only]. Spawns in woodland mansions or raids.
- Sometimes they may spawn in patrols, in Hard difficulty.[BE only]
There are 3 specific criteria for a mob to be considered an illager:
- "Johnny" vindicators do not attack the mob.
- The mob cannot be damaged by evoker fangs.
- The mob does not fight back when hit by a missed arrow shot by a pillager or illusioner[JE only].
Monsters that spawn in raids (Non-illager)
- Ravager — not an illager in Java Edition because "Johnny" vindicators attack them without being attacked by the ravager in return.
- Vex — "Johnny" vindicators attack them. They spawn when summoned by an evoker.
- Witch — They spawn in raids above normal difficulty. And throw Potion of Regeneration to illagers[Java Edition only]."Johnny" vindicators attack them, and they also take damage from evoker fangs. If a witch is hit by a pillager or "Johnny" vindicator, the witch does not fight back.[Java Edition only] A witch is not hostile, one witch is neutral to iron or snow golems.[Java Edition only]
Vindicators and evokers that spawn naturally in Woodland Mansions do not despawn.
Pillagers that spawn naturally in Pillager Outposts do not despawn.
Ravagers spawn exclusively in raids.
Vindicators can open doors like villagers and wandering traders during raids. They can also break wooden doors like zombies rarely during raids in normal or hard difficulty. (If they can't open doors successfully. They might try to break down the door.)
All of them can spawn reinforcements when hit. Their reinforcements include other illagers and ravagers.
Illager does not fight back when hit by a missed arrow shot by a pillager or illusioner.
A dispenser can equip an illager with armor. but only appear helmet and chestplate on pillagers and vindicators. Evoker can equip with armor too but don't appear armor on that evoker.
- Illager structures always built by many dark oak logs and planks.
- The ominous banner [JE only] / illager banner [BE & EE only] is uncraftable. Player can only get it by killing a raid captain, from pillager outposts or command.
- All illager's eyes are green[BE & EE only]except vindicators[JE only] that have blue eyes. In the Texture Update, vindicators and illusioners were changed to green eyes, but in the Java snapshot 18w47b the color of the vindicator's eyes turned blue again. This might be a reference to The Shining Easter Eggs for the Johnny.
- "Meet the Vindicator" – Minecraft.net, June 20, 2017