See Data values
|This page contains content on features that may be included in the next update.|
These features have appeared in development versions, but the full update containing these features has not been released yet.
Ravagers are hostile towards players, iron golems, villagers, and wandering traders within a 16-block radius. They attack by ramming enemies with their head, dealing 12 ( × 6) damage and high knockback. They will also destroy crops and leaves that they run quickly into, though flowers, saplings, and crops such as melon and pumpkin stems are unaffected.
If blocked by a shield while attacking, no damage occurs and knockback is halved. The ravager has about a 50% chance to become stunned and unable to move or attack for around 2 seconds. After this period, it will emit a roar that does 6 () damage and high knockback (which increases with proximity) to nearby entities. The roar can knock back nearby Illagers. In spite of this, the ravager does not attack pillagers when they shoot at it.
Even though they are heavy, they can swim. Their apparent weight gives them 50% chance of 100% knockback resistance.
Upon death, ravagers drop 1 saddle.
|Entity||Name ID||Numeric ID|
Ravagers have entity data associated with them that contains various properties of the mob.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- Tags common to all mobs spawnable in raids see Template:Nbt inherit/raidable/template
- AttackTick: Attack cooldown for this ravager.
- RoarTick: Roar attack cooldown for this ravager.
- StunTick: Stun attack cooldown for this ravager.
|September 29, 2018||Illager beasts are announced at MINECON Earth 2018.|
|Upcoming Java Edition|
|1.14||18w43a||Added illager beasts.|
|18w44a||Illager beasts will now no longer flee in the presence of rabbits.|
|18w45a||Illager beasts will now spawn in illager patrols, 200 blocks away from villages on grass or sand with a block light level of 0–8 and a sky light level of 10–15.|
|18w46a||Illager beasts no longer spawn as part of illager patrols, making them unused.|
|18w47a||Illager beasts now spawn in the new Raids, making them used again.|
|19w05a||Illager beasts have been renamed to ravagers.|
|ID changed from |
|Upcoming Bedrock Edition|
|1.10||beta 22.214.171.124||Added illager beasts, which are only available through Experimental Gameplay.|
A ravager shown at MINECON Earth 2018.
A group of pillagers raiding a village, shown at MINECON Earth 2018.
A ravager patrolling along with some illagers (before 18w46a).
An illager patrol leader riding a ravager. (before 18w46a)
- "Ravager" and "Behemoth" were listed as alternate name suggestions for the illager beast. In 19w05a, illager beasts were renamed to ravagers.[JE only]
- “FYI, I asked Josh to remove this feature again. Although funny, being scared of rabbits doesn't fit with the Beast's lore.” – @jeb_, October 30, 2018
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w43a" – Minecraft.net
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w05a" – Minecraft.net