|This article may need cleanup to improve its quality, possibly to comply with the style guide. Discuss|
Please help us clean up this page if you can. The specific instructions are:
Fix the listings on this page. Distinguish properly between the different types and use official terminology.
Illagers are a group of hostile mobs that look similar to villagers, wandering traders and witches. The illagers may be considered "exiled", "outcast", or "offshoot", villagers, because they attack players, villagers (in Bedrock Edition, illagers only attack adult villagers), wandering traders and iron golems.
Only the pillager, vindicator and evoker can spawn naturally. The illusioner is exclusive to the Java Edition, and is considered unused. It has no spawn egg and can only be spawned with commands. Vexes can be summoned by evokers, who can spawn in woodland mansions and raids. Vindicators and pillagers both spawn in raids alongside the ravager, and in illager patrols. Vindicators can also be found in mansions, while pillagers also spawn in pillager outposts.
There are two specific criteria for being an Illager. They are as follows:
1) "Johnny" Vindicators do not attack true Illagers, and 2) They must not be damaged by Evoker fangs
Because of these two criteria, Ravagers[Java Edition only] and Witches are not considered Illagers. However, Ravagers taking damage from Evoker fangs is considered a bug ( ), but the other criteria are considered 'Works as Intended'.
- "True" Illagers
- Mobs that are technically not illagers but do spawn in raids and do not attack real illagers.
- Witch - Not an Illager because Johnny Vindicators attack them, and they take damage from Evoker fangs. However, they do spawn in Raids and throw healing potions at real Illagers.
- Ravager[Java Edition only] - Not an Illager because Johnny Vindicators attack them, and they take damage from Evoker fangs. However, they do spawn in Raids and never attack real Illagers even if attacked by them.
- Natural occurrences containing illagers
- Natural structures containing illagers
- Spawn eggs