An illager is a type of hostile mob that has features resembling a villager, wandering trader, zombie villager and witch. Illagers are "exiled", "outcast", or "offshoot" villagers because they pursue and attack players, adult villagers, wandering traders, snow golems [BE only] and iron golems.
- Evoker — summons vexes and evoker fangs. Spawns in woodland mansions and raids.
- Illusioner[JE only] — attacks with a bow, may inflict Blindness and summon duplicates while becoming invisible. Does not spawn naturally.
- Pillager — attacks with a crossbow. Spawns in patrols, pillager outposts, and raids.
- Ravager — May be ridden by pillagers or evokers during raids.
- Ravagers can also be ridden by vindicators during raids.[JE only]
- Vindicator — attacks with an iron axe; break wooden doors in normal or hard modes[JE only]during raids[BE only]. Spawns in woodland mansions or raids.
- Sometimes they may spawn in patrols, in Hard.[BE only]
There are 3 specific criteria for a mob to be considered an illager:
- "Johnny" vindicators do not attack the mob.
- The mob cannot be damaged by evoker fangs.
- The mob does not fight back when hit by an arrow shot by a pillager or illusioner.
Illagers always spawn naturally in groups such as patrols or raids, or inside their structures.
Vindicators and evokers that spawn naturally in woodland mansions do not despawn.
Pillagers that spawn naturally in pillager outposts do not despawn.
Monsters that spawn in raids
- Ravager — not an illager in Java Edition because "Johnny" vindicators attack them without being attacked by the ravager in return.
- Vex — "Johnny" vindicators attack them. They spawn when summoned by an evoker.
- Witch — "Johnny" vindicators attack them, and they also take damage from evoker fangs. If a witch is hit by a pillager or "Johnny" vindicator, the witch does not fight back.[Java Edition only] A witch is not hostile to iron or snow golems.[Java Edition only]
All of them can spawn reinforcements when hit. Their reinforcements include other illagers and ravagers.
Illager can equip armor by dispenser but don't show armor.