Desert, Desert Hills, Desert Mountains
|“||I remember the first time I had the pleasure of meeting a Husk. I had gotten myself trapped in a sandpit of my own creation (as you do). Then, looking up, I saw a silhouette towering over me, lit up against the burning desert sun. “At last, my savior!” I cried, doing a little jig for joy. But then I heard that awful zombie screech, and I was thumped over the head.||„|
|— Emily Richardson|
Husks are dried-out variants of zombies that spawn in deserts.
- 1 Spawning
- 2 Behavior
- 3 Drops
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Advancements
- 6 Data values
- 7 History
- 8 Issues
- 9 Gallery
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Husks spawn directly under the sky in groups of 4 (2-4 and can also spawn underground[Bedrock Edition only])at a light level of 7 or less in desert, desert hills, and desert M biomes in place of 80% of all zombies spawned in these biomes.
Baby Husks and Chicken Jockeys
There is a 5% chance for husks to spawn as babies, and baby husks have a 5% chance to spawn as a chicken jockey[Java Edition only]. In Bedrock Edition, baby husks have a 15% chance of wanting to become a jockey when attacking a target. They can mount:
- Adult chickens
- Adult ocelots
- Adult wild wolves
- Adult zombies
- Adult zombie villagers
- Adult husks
- Zombie horses
- Skeleton horses
- Cave spiders
- Polar bears
- Adult pandas
- Adult Stray cats
- It will use the baby husk speed instead of the mob speed.
- If riding a neutral mob, it will become hostile, but won't anger any other nearby mobs of the same kind.
- If a baby husk is riding a mob that is also rideable by a player, that mob will no longer be rideable by a player.
Husks will pursue the player, iron golems, villagers and baby turtles on sight from 40 blocks away, as opposed to 16 blocks in most other hostile mobs. They will attempt to avoid obstacles, including sheer cliffs, water and lava, and will try to find the shortest path towards the player.
Unlike zombies, husks won't burn in sunlight.
Husks can break down door successfully on Hard difficulty.
Stomp turtle egg
Husks will seek for nearby turtle egg and will try to destroy it.
Picking up items
Husks can pick up items if the gamerule mobGriefing is set to true, and will not despawn if left alone.
When they die, husks drop:
- 0–2 Rotten Flesh.
- Iron ingots, carrots and potatoes (0.8% chance each, 1.2% chance with Looting I, 1.5% chance with Looting II and 1.8% chance with Looting III).
- Any picked-up equipment has 100% chance of dropping and will drop with the same damage level it had when picked up.
- Pumpkin [note 1]
- Jack o'Lantern[Java Edition only][note 1]
- Iron Shovel
- Iron Sword
- Random Armor
- Husk have an 8.5% chance of dropping their naturally-spawned equipment, and will drop it with a random durability. Each level of Looting will increase the chance 1 percentage point (11.5 % with Looting III).
Adult husks will drop 5 experience and an additional 1–3 experience per naturally-spawned equipment. Baby husks will drop 12 experience.
If a husk wearing a pumpkin or jack o'lantern[Java Edition only] is killed using a weapon enchanted with Looting, there will be a chance equivalent to the level of Looting used to drop the pumpkin or jack o'lantern, up to a maximum of a 3% chance of a drop.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Monster Hunter||Attack and destroy a monster||Kill a hostile mob or one of the following neutral mobs: enderman, zombie pigman, spider, cave spider.||Xbox One||Yes||Yes||Yes||15G||Bronze|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|Adventure||Adventure, exploration, and combat||—||Kill any entity, or be killed by any entity.|
|Monster Hunter||Kill any hostile monster||Adventure||Kill one of these 24 mobs. In 1.14,[upcoming] you can also earn this by killing one of these 2 mobs. Other mobs are ignored for this advancement.|
|Monsters Hunted||Kill one of every hostile monster||Monster Hunter||Kill each of these 24 mobs. In 1.14,[upcoming] also kill each of these 2 mobs. Other mobs may be killed, but are ignored for the advancement.|
Husks have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob. Their entity ID is
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- IsBaby: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if this zombie is a baby. May be absent.
- CanBreakDoors: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if the zombie can break doors (default value is 0).
- DrownedConversionTime: The number of ticks until this zombie converts to a drowned, or husk to zombie. (default value is -1, when no conversion is under way).
- InWaterTime: The number of ticks this zombie or husk has been under water, used to start the drowning conversion. (default value is -1, when no conversion is under way).
|1.10||16w20a||Added husks, including their baby form.|
|Added husk spawn egg.|
|pre2||The husk spawn egg has now been removed.|
|release||Added exclusive sounds for husks: their sounds are a more raspy version of regular zombie sounds. Before this, husks used to sound like regular zombies.|
|1.11||16w32a||The husk spawn egg has now been re-added.|
|Husks will now avoid water.|
|1.13||18w19a||Husks will now sink underwater.|
|Husks will now no longer drown underwater.|
|18w21b||Husks will now convert into zombies when drowning.|
|Husks will now have sounds when converting to zombies.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.15.0||build 1||Added husks.|
|0.16.0||build 5||Husks will now have their own sounds.|
|1.0||alpha 0.17.0||Baby husks can now ride polar bears.|
|1.0.4||alpha 126.96.36.199||Husks are now slightly taller than zombies.|
|1.1||alpha 188.8.131.52||Baby husks can now ride llamas.|
|1.5||beta 184.108.40.206||Husks will now sink underwater.|
|Husks will now convert into zombies when drowning.|
|beta 220.127.116.11||Husks now try to stomp turtle eggs.|
|1.8||beta 18.104.22.168||Baby husks can now ride adult stray cats and pandas.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
Size comparison between a husk and a normal zombie.
A husk wearing gold armor.
A husk peering into a village building.