Desert, Desert Hills, Desert Lakes
|— Emily Richardson|
Husks are dried-out variants of zombies that spawn in deserts.
- 1 Spawning
- 2 Behavior
- 3 Drops
- 4 Data values
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Advancements
- 7 History
- 8 Issues
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 See also
- 12 References
Husks spawn directly under the sky in groups of 4 (2-4 and can also spawn underground[Bedrock Edition only])at a light level of 7 or less in desert, desert hills and desert lakes biomes in place of 80% of all zombies spawned in these biomes.
Baby Husks and Chicken Jockeys
There is a 5% chance for husks to spawn as babies, and baby husks have a 5% chance to spawn as a chicken jockey[Java Edition only]. In Bedrock Edition, baby husks have a 15% chance of wanting to become a jockey when attacking a target. They can mount:
- Adult chickens
- Adult ocelots
- Adult wild wolves
- Adult zombies
- Adult zombie villagers
- Adult husks
- Zombie horses
- Skeleton horses
- Cave spiders
- Polar bears
- Adult Stray cats
- It will use the baby husk speed instead of the mob speed.
- If riding a neutral mob, it will become hostile, but won't anger any other nearby mobs of the same kind.
- If a baby husk is riding a mob that is also rideable by a player, that mob will no longer be rideable by a player.
Husks will pursue the player, iron golems, villagers, baby turtles, and wandering traders on sight from 40 blocks away, as opposed to 16 blocks in most other hostile mobs. They will attempt to avoid obstacles, including sheer cliffs, water and lava, and will try to find the shortest path towards the player.
Unlike zombies, husks won't burn in sunlight.
Husks can break down doors successfully on Hard difficulty.
Stomp turtle egg
Husks will seek out a nearby turtle egg and try to destroy it.
Picking up items
When they die, husks drop:
- 0–2 Rotten Flesh.
- Iron ingots, carrots and potatoes (0.8% chance each, 1.2% chance with Looting I, 1.5% chance with Looting II and 1.8% chance with Looting III).
- Any picked-up equipment has 100% chance of dropping and will drop with the same damage level it had when picked up.
- Pumpkin [note 1]
- Jack o'Lantern[Java Edition only][note 1]
- Iron Shovel
- Iron Sword
- Random Armor
- Husk have an 8.5% chance of dropping their naturally-spawned equipment, and will drop it with a random durability. Each level of Looting will increase the chance 1 percentage point (11.5 % with Looting III).
Adult husks will drop 5 experience and an additional 1–3 experience per naturally-spawned equipment. Baby husks will drop 12 experience.
If a husk wearing a pumpkin or jack o'lantern[Java Edition only] is killed using a weapon enchanted with Looting, there will be a chance equivalent to the level of Looting used to drop the pumpkin or jack o'lantern, up to a maximum of a 3% chance of a drop.
Husks have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- IsBaby: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if this zombie is a baby. May be absent.
- CanBreakDoors: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if the zombie can break doors (default value is 0).
- DrownedConversionTime: The number of ticks until this zombie converts to a drowned, or husk to zombie. (default value is -1, when no conversion is under way).
- InWaterTime: The number of ticks this zombie or husk has been under water, used to start the drowning conversion. (default value is -1, when no conversion is under way).
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Monster Hunter||Attack and destroy a monster||Kill a hostile mob or one of the following neutral mobs: enderman, zombie pigman, spider, cave spider.||Xbox One||Yes||Yes||Yes||15G||Bronze|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|Adventure||Adventure, exploration, and combat||—||Kill any entity, or be killed by any entity.|
|Monster Hunter||Kill any hostile monster||Adventure||Kill one of these 25 mobs. Other mobs are ignored for this advancement.|
|Monsters Hunted||Kill one of every hostile monster||Monster Hunter||Kill each of these 25 mobs. Other mobs may be killed, but are ignored for the advancement.|
|1.10||16w20a||Added husks, including their baby form.|
|Added husk spawn egg.|
|Husks share the same entity ID as zombies.|
|pre2||The husk spawn egg has now been removed.|
|release||Added exclusive sounds for husks: their sounds are a more raspy version of regular zombie sounds. Before this, husks used to sound like regular zombies.|
|1.11||16w32a||Husks now have their own entity ID separate from zombies.|
|The husk spawn egg has now been re-added.|
|Husks will now avoid water.|
|1.13||18w19a||Husks will now sink underwater.|
|Husks will now no longer drown underwater.|
|18w21b||Husks will now convert into zombies when drowning.|
|Husks will now have sounds when converting to zombies.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.15.0||build 1||Added husks.|
|0.16.0||build 5||Husks will now have their own sounds.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Baby husks can now ride polar bears.|
|1.0.4||alpha 18.104.22.168||Husks are now slightly taller than zombies.|
|1.1.0||alpha 22.214.171.124||Baby husks can now ride llamas.|
|1.5.0||beta 126.96.36.199||Husks will now sink underwater.|
|Husks will now convert into zombies when drowning.|
|beta 188.8.131.52||Husks now try to stomp turtle eggs.|
|1.8.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Baby husks can now ride adult stray cats and pandas.|
|1.10.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Husks are now hostile towards wandering traders.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
- The Husk was created by Jason Mayer at a game jam and shown to Jens Bergensten.
Size comparison between a husk and a normal zombie.
A husk wearing gold armor.
A husk peering into a village building.