Hunting is a game mechanic in which one mob hunts another mob. In a way, the hunter mob is a hostile mob to the hunted mob, regardless of the mob's behavior toward the player.
When a mob hunts another, it inflicts damage on its prey by attacking.
Some mobs can be both hunters and hunted, depending on the opposing mob.
Some mobs hunt other mobs regardless of their natural hostility toward the player.
- Cats hunt rabbits and baby turtles
- Foxes hunt chickens, rabbits, fish (except pufferfish), and baby turtles
- Guardians hunt squid
- Illagers (including ravagers) hunt villagers, wandering traders, iron golems, and snow golems
- Iron golems hunt endermen and all hostile mobs except creepers
- Llamas hunt wolves
- Ocelots hunt chickens
- Polar bears hunt foxes
- Wolves hunt sheep, rabbits, foxes, and baby turtles
- Zombie variants (drowned, husks, and zombies) hunt villagers, wandering traders, iron golems, snow golems[Bedrock Edition only], baby turtles, and turtle eggs