|This page contains content on features that may be included in the next update to Java Edition.|
These features have appeared in Java Edition development versions, but the full update containing these features has not been released for Java Edition yet.
Hoglins are found in herds of 4 in crimson forests, they may respawn over time. 25% spawn as babies.
Adult hoglins drop:
- 2–4 raw porkchop (cooked porkchop if they die burning). The maximum amount is increased by 1 per level of Looting, for a maximum of 7 with Looting III.
- 0–2 leather. The maximum amount is increased by 1 per level of Looting, for a maximum of 5 with Looting III.
- 5 if killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Hoglins attack the player upon sight. Adult attacks flings a player into the air; babies also attack, dealing less damage and not flinging. They don't attack players standing near warped fungi, running up to 7 blocks away. Also, they have a very high knockback resistance. Baby hoglins flee when hit.
Hoglins can be bred using crimson fungi, so a baby hoglin spawns, giving 1-7 experience. The growth of a baby hoglin is accelerated using crimson fungi. They cannot be bred while they are running away from warped fungi.
|This section is a stub, meaning that it lacks some important information. You can help by expanding it with further information relating to the topic.|
|Sound||Subtitle||Source||Description||Namespaced ID||Subtitle key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation distance|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Namespaced ID|
||The Parrots and the Bats||Breed two animals together||Husbandry||-|
||Two by Two||Breed all the animals!||The Parrots and the Bats||Breed pairs of each of these 15 mobs. In Java Edition 1.16 [upcoming], Hoglins are also required for this advancement. A trader llama does not count as a llama. Other breedable mobs, if any, are ignored for the advancement.|
|This page would benefit from the addition of more images.|
Please remove this notice once you've added suitable images to the article.
The specific instructions are:
|September 28, 2019||Piglin beasts are announced at MINECON Live 2019.|
|October 19, 2019||"Piglin Beast" has now been renamed to "Hoglin".|
|December 5, 2019||A video shows a baby hoglin.|
|December 14, 2019||An image of a hoglin and piglins is released.|
|January 9, 2020||A video shows broken hoglin breeding.|
|January 14, 2020||A debugging video shows hoglin AI.|
|Upcoming Java Edition|
|Currently, the mane texture of hoglins has a texture glitch.|
|Hoglins currently have no function of attacking the player when provoked or breeding them.|
|Hoglins drop rotten flesh.|
|Hoglins take damage from fire and lava.|
|The hitbox size of hoglins is currently the same as an adult pig's hitbox.|
|20w07a||Added baby hoglins.|
|Hoglins now drop raw porkchops and leather.|
|Hoglins can now be bred with crimson fungi.|
|Hoglins are now hostile towards the player.|
|Hoglins now have their own sounds.|
|Hoglins now run away from warped fungi.|
|20w09a||The textures of hoglins have now been changed.|
|The texture of the mane of hoglins has now been fixed, which has changed the textures from to . Also, the color channels of the transparent pixels have now all been filled with black.|
Hoglins, showing a crooked body model.
- Hoglin's name was chosen by the community, its initial placeholder name was "Piglin Beast".
- Hoglins are the only hostile mobs other than the killer bunny which breed.
- Hoglins are the only nether mob that don't spawn in nether wastes.
- A baby hoglin, along with the silverfish and the tiny slime, are the least-damaging hostile mobs, regardless of difficulty.
- [Invalid]: "We're closing Hoglin related bugs as the feature implemented right now is basically a placeholder."