|This page is only for discussing the Help:Contents page.|
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
What is the intent of this page if it was here? Is this suppose to be Wiki editing help, or Minecraft help, or what? I'd be more than happy to start building the page up. MrMatthew 16:27, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
- Since the entire wiki is effectively a Minecraft help site, I think this page should be for help on maintaining the Wiki itself. DannyF1966 18:45, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
Easy Template Lists project
I have been busy with the Easy Template list project and I think that in the future this page should have a least a link to the Basic Template List page. Yet I wanted to ask first if this is a good idea. So what do you think? Should this page (somewhere) link to Template lists? Swpe 17:16, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yes I think it should. --Ichi (Check out my page for upcoming events on my server) 20:22, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
My own private Sub-Pages?
- Sort of. The easiest way to do so is probably to edit your userpage and add a link with the name you want as a subpage of your userpage, and then to save your userpage, click the new link, and edit away. For instance, if you wanted to add a new "sandbox" subpage, you would edit your userpage, add the code
[[User:Jeansowaty/sandbox]]somewhere on it, save, click the new link, and start editing. For other pages, just replace the "sandbox" in that code with the name of your choice. You should keep in mind, though, that these pages aren't private, in the sense that anyone will be able to see and edit them; there is no way to create a page that only you can see or edit. Hope this helps, and please feel free to ask if you need anything else! =) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 17:38, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
What is the maximum resolution for a GIF to be uploaded and still be animated?
I have tried uploading a GIF several times. Even after trying to lower the quality, I still get this message:
Note: Due to technical limitations, thumbnails of high-resolution GIF images such as this one will not be animated.
The original GIF took up 2.12 MB, the second, after editing, only took up 1.15 MB.
What is the maximum file size for a GIF so that it can be animated and still be high resolution? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:31, 11 December 2013(UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The default limit is 12.5 million total pixels (including all frames), according to mediawiki. At 330x277 and 985 frames, File: Sheep Jeb.png uses slightly over 90 million pixels. Note that the limitation only applies when gifs are displayed as scaled thumbnails; when displayed at full size, it will always be animated. The reason for this limit is that the server has to do the work of resizing images when they're shown as thumbnails, and it's not very efficient when handling animated gifs; very large files could cause the server to hang or crash, so it simply refuses to resize them instead. -- Orthotopetalk 05:20, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
How to have stacked references?
I want to have a named note. I tried
<ref name="name"; group="note> but that didn't work. Is that possible? – Nixinova • • 07:49, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- You need to use
<ref name="refName" group="refGroup">foo</ref>, followed by
<references group="refGroup"/>. -- Orthotopetalk 08:43, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- Okay thanks – Nixinova • • 04:27, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
Semi-protected page request
Looking at the page history, some users seem to vandalize or do test edits to this page. This page must only be editable by users who are auto-confirmed or higher. – Dentedharp90041tce 13:00, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
- Gosh, yeah, the history looks pretty awful. And it's a rather high traffic page as well. However, there hasn't been much vandalism in the last few months (only two cases this year so far), and there actually was a constructive IP edit recently. Therefore, I don't think it should be semi-protected yet, but it definitely should be considered if the vandalism becomes more frequent.--Talk to me 19:04, 25 June 2018 (UTC) good tiping