Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
dec: 3518 hex: 15F8 bin: 1010111118
See Data values
Gray dye is a secondary color dye.
|Gray Dye||Ink Sac +
|Gray Dye||Black Dye +
|[upcoming 1.8 & 1.14]|
Like all other dyes, gray dye can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of gray wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Used to dye/stain wool, leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta and shulker boxes.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a fade-to-color effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to dye shulkers.[Bedrock Edition only]
- Used to dye water contained in cauldrons.[Bedrock Edition only]
- Combined with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
- Combined with compounds to craft balloons or glow sticks.[Bedrock and Education editions only]
|Item||ID Name||Numeral ID|
In bedrock edition gray dye has the ID name
dye, with a data value of 8.
|7||Light Gray Dye|
|12||Light Blue Dye|
|16||Black Dye[upcoming 1.8]|
|17||Brown Dye[upcoming 1.8]|
|18||Blue Dye[upcoming 1.8]|
|19||White Dye[upcoming 1.8]|
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.2||Added gray dye.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added the ability to dye leather armor and wolf collars.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Gray dye can be crafted with gunpowder to create a firework star.|
|1.6.1||13w19a||Stained clay can now be crafted.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||With the addition of new flowers, many secondary and tertiary dyes are now primary dyes.|
|13w41a||Stained glass can now be crafted.|
|1.8||14w30a||Added banners which can be dyed.|
|1.11||16w39a||Added the ability to dye shulker boxes.|
|1.12||17w15a||Added the ability to dye beds.|
|1.13||17w47a||The different data values for the |
|Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 351.|
|Upcoming Java Edition|
|1.14||18w43a||Gray Dye is now crafted using black and white dyes instead of ink sac and bone meal.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.8.0||build 3||Gray dye is now available in creative mode.|
|0.9.0||build 3||Gray dye can now be obtained in creative mode.|