Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
dec: 237 hex: ED bin: 11101101
See § Data values
|— Tom Stone|
|Matching Dye +
Concrete powder can be mined with any tool or by hand, but using a shovel is the quickest method.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds. For more information, see Haste § Instant mining.
Concrete powder will fall when there is a non-solid block beneath it. If it falls on a player or mob, the player or mob will suffocate.
If a concrete powder block comes into contact with water or lava, it will solidify into a block of concrete. Specifically, the block has to be placed into, next to, or fall into flowing water/lava or a water/lava source block. It will not solidify in midair falling past water/lava. If it lands next to water/lava, it will solidify only after a block update. Rain or splash water bottles also have no effect on concrete powder. Concrete powder in item form will also not become concrete.
|White Concrete Powder|
|Orange Concrete Powder|
|Magenta Concrete Powder|
|Light Blue Concrete Powder|
|Yellow Concrete Powder|
|Lime Concrete Powder|
|Pink Concrete Powder|
|Gray Concrete Powder|
|Light Gray Concrete Powder|
|Cyan Concrete Powder|
|Purple Concrete Powder|
|Blue Concrete Powder|
|Brown Concrete Powder|
|Green Concrete Powder|
|Red Concrete Powder|
|Black Concrete Powder|
|Block||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID|
In Bedrock Edition, concrete powder uses the following data values:
|0||White Concrete Powder|
|1||Orange Concrete Powder|
|2||Magenta Concrete Powder|
|3||Light Blue Concrete Powder|
|4||Yellow Concrete Powder|
|5||Lime Concrete Powder|
|6||Pink Concrete Powder|
|7||Gray Concrete Powder|
|8||Light Gray Concrete Powder|
|9||Cyan Concrete Powder|
|10||Purple Concrete Powder|
|11||Blue Concrete Powder|
|12||Brown Concrete Powder|
|13||Green Concrete Powder|
|14||Red Concrete Powder|
|15||Black Concrete Powder|
- Dynamic block entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- TileEntityData: Optional. The tags of the block entity for this block.
- BlockState: The falling block represented by this entity.
- Time: The number of ticks the entity has existed. If set to 0, the moment it ticks to 1, it vanishes if the block at its location has a different ID than the entity's TileID. If the block at its location has the same ID as its TileID when Time ticks from 0 to 1, the block is deleted, and the entity continues to fall, having overwritten it. When Time goes above 600, or above 100 while the block is below Y=0, the entity is deleted.
- DropItem: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if the block should drop as an item when it breaks. Any block that doesn't have an item form with the same ID as the block won't drop even if this is set.
- HurtEntities: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if the block should hurt entities it falls on.
- FallHurtMax: The maximum hit points of damage to inflict on entities that intersect this falling_block. For vanilla falling_block, always 40 × 20.
- FallHurtAmount: Multiplied by the FallDistance to calculate the amount of damage to inflict. For vanilla falling_block, always 2.
|1.12||February 02, 2017||Jens Bergensten tweeted a video of a mysterious pink gravity-obeying block transforming into a solid gravity-defying block on contact with water.|
|He later added that it will come in 16 different colors.|
|17w06a||Added concrete powder.|
|1.13||17w47a||The different block states for the |
|Lava will now turn concrete powder into concrete when coming into contact with said block, instead of only converting concrete powder when it fell into the lava's source block.|
|Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 252.|
|1.1.0||alpha 188.8.131.52||Added concrete powder.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU53||CU43||1.49||Patch 23||Patch s3||Added concrete powder.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|1.9.19||Added concrete powder.|
- "Block of the Week: Concrete" – Minecraft.net, March 9, 2018
- Resolved as "Works As Intended"