Height: 0.8 blocks
The glow squid is a variant of squid with an aqua luminescent texture.
- 1–3 glow ink sacs. The maximum amount is increased by 1 per level of Looting, for a maximum of 1–6 with Looting III.
- 1–3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Glow squids behave like normal squids, swimming around in water aimlessly. They emit particles wherever they swim. They suffocate to death if they are beached on land for 15 seconds (300 game ticks). They are targeted by guardians and axolotls and are affected by the impaling enchantment. Glow squids on land will continue to use the swimming animation but will be unable to move more than 1 block.
|Sound||Subtitle||Source||Description||Namespaced ID||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation|
|Glow Squid swims||Friendly Creatures||Randomly when in water||?||?||?|
|Glow Squid dies||Friendly Creatures||Dying||?||?||?|
|Glow Squid hurts||Friendly Creatures||Taking damage||?||?||?|
|Glow Squid shoots ink||Friendly Creatures||Shooting ink||?||?||?|
|Name||Namespaced ID||Entity tags (JE)||Translation key|
Glow squids have entity data associated with them that contains various properties.
|0.13.0||Added glow squid.|
|Upcoming Java Edition|
|September 27, 2020||The glow squid is announced as one of the three mobs in the Minecraft Live 2020 mob vote.|
|October 3, 2020||The glow squid wins the mob vote.|
|1.17||21w03a||Added glow squid.|
- The glow squid won the Minecraft Live 2020 mob vote, in a vote with 3 candidates: the Iceologer, the Moobloom, and the Glow Squid.
- Glow squids "glow" in the same way as enderman eyes and magma cube cores.
- The glow squid is the first mob from a spin-off game to make it into the base game.