See § Data values
dec: 385 hex: 181 bin: 110000001
See § Data values
|— Duncan Geere|
|Blaze Powder +
When used, it instantly lights a fire, similar to flint and steel. The fire charge is consumed in the process. It can also prime TNT like flint and steel. However, it cannot be used to detonate creepers.
When a fire charge is fired from a dispenser, it acts like a blaze fireball, flying in a straight line (with random aim). When it hits a block, it will place fire. It produces no explosive effect. If it hits a player or entity, it can deal a total up to 9 () damage: 5 () projectile damage, and 4 () fire damage from being set on fire. These fireballs can prime minecarts with TNT. They cannot be deflected.
|Firework Star||Gunpowder +
Matching Dye +
Fire Charge +
Glowstone Dust +
|Up to eight dyes can be added.|
Up to one of any head, a gold nugget, a feather, or a fire charge can be added.
Both the diamond and the glowstone dust can be added with any of the other ingredients.
|Fire Charge||Name ID|
|Fire Charge||Name ID||Numeric ID|
Shot fire charges have entity data which define various properties of the entity.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- direction: List of 3 doubles. Should be identical to Motion.
- life: Increments each tick when the projectile is not moving; resets to 0 if it moves. Has no effect, though is still saved/read
- power: List of 3 doubles that adds to
directionevery tick. Act as the acceleration.
- Item:[upcoming: JE 1.14] The item to render as, may be absent.
- Tags common to all items see Template:Nbt inherit/itemnoslot/template
|1.2.1||12w04a||Added fire charge, could only be crafted with coal.|
|12w05a||Could now be crafted with charcoal.|
|1.4.2||12w38b||Changed sound when using the fire charge, now same as when using flint and steel.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Fire charges can be used to craft fireworks.|
|1.8||14w31a||Changed sound when using fire charges to set fire, now the same as when fired from dispensers.|
|1.9||15w33c||Appear purple and explode with dragons breath when fired from dispensers.|
|15w44b||Once again appear as blaze fireballs when fired from dispensers.|
|1.11||16w32a||Changed entity ID from |
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 385.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.15.0||build 1||Added fire charges.|
|1.2.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Fire charge can be used to craft firework star.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU9||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added fire charges.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Fire charges now makes sounds when igniting blocks.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added Fire Charges.|
Fireballentity, AKA Ghast fireballs, have the same texture as the
- Their hit damage is actually fire damage, as seen by the fact that they will not deal damage to you if you have fire resistance.
- When a dispenser with a fire charge is placed with a block directly in front of it, the dispenser shoots through it and lights a fire on the other side.
- A fire charge will fly infinitely far until it hits a block or an entity, even if it is outside the player's render distance.
- When shot from a dispenser, the fire charge starts out stationary and accelerates, as though it is falling rather than being launched. Fireballs shot by blazes, however, maintain the same speed all the way up to the target.