For information about properties of farm blocks, see farmland
Farming refers to the systematic production of renewable resources. It is usually used to get blocks, food, experience and other things. Specific types of farming are listed below.
- Animal farming
- Using wheat, seeds, and carrots to breed animals, to be slaughtered for their products or used in egg, milk, or wool farming.
- Hostile mob farming
- Creating spawn rooms for hostile mobs to be killed for their drops.
- Villager farming
- Farming villagers requires the player to have enough beds and job site blocks for each villager for them to breed.
- Guardian farming
- Farming guardians by funneling them to a concentrated area for materials and/or experience.
- Pillager farming
- Farming crossbows, emeralds and ominous banners from pillagers.
- Drowned farming
- Farming tridents, nautilus shells and gold ingots from drowned.
- Slime farming
- Farming slimeballs from slimes.
- Spawner Farming
- Waiting at an active monster spawner for monsters to spawn. This includes mobs that do not spawn naturally without the use of spawners, such as cave spiders.
- Wheat, Carrot, Potato, and Beetroot Farming
- Farming wheat, carrots, potatoes, and beetroots.
- Pumpkin and Melon Farming
- Farming pumpkins and melons.
- Cactus Farming
- Farming cacti for green dye or traps.
- Cobblestone Farming
- Creating a stone or cobblestone generator for self-repairing shelters or harvesting.
- Obsidian Farming
- Creating an obsidian generator for obsidian—intensive builds.
- Ice farming
- Farming ice using a self-refilling rink.
- Pumpkin Farming
- Farming pumpkins for use in pumpkin pie, jack o'lanterns or golems.
- Vine Farming
- Farming vines for use instead of ladders, decoration, or crafting mossy stone bricks or mossy cobblestone.
- Tree Farming
- Farming trees for wood, saplings, apples, or charcoal.
- Mycelium Farming
- Farming mycelium for decoration.
- Kelp Farming
- Farming kelp for fuel or decoration.
- Bone Meal Farming
- Farming bone meal.
- Iron Farming
- Farming iron ingots by killing iron golems spawned in large villages.
- Gold Farming
- Farming gold nuggets by killing zombie pigmen, which spawn in the Nether or near Nether portals in the Overworld.
- Egg Farming
- Farming eggs for use in cake, pumpkin pie or creating chickens.
- Cocoa bean farming
- Farming cocoa beans for use in cookies or creating brown wool.
- Mushroom Farming
- Farming mushrooms for use in mushroom stew or creating huge mushrooms.
- Nether Wart Farming
- Farming nether wart for use in brewing.
- Snow Farming
- Trapping a snow golem and digging the snow it produces.
- Sugar Cane Farming
- Farming sugar canes to make paper and sugar.
- Chorus Fruit Farming
- Farming chorus fruit for food and popped chorus fruit, which makes purpur blocks.
- Fish farming
- Farming fish, experience and other items by fishing with the use of a fishing rod.
- Honey Farming
- Farming honey bottles and honeycombs from bee nests.[upcoming: JE 1.15 & BE 1.14.0]
page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link
led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.