Farming refers to the systematic production of renewable resources. It is usually used to get blocks, food, experience and more things. Specific types of farming include:
- Animal Farming
- Using wheat, seeds, and carrots to breed animals, to be slaughtered for their products or used in egg, milk, or wool Farming.
- Hostile Mob Farming
- Creating spawn rooms for hostile mobs, to be killed for their drops.
- Villager Farming
- Farming villagers by creating houses, doors, or curing spawned zombie villagers.
- Guardian Farming
- Farming guardians by funneling them to a concentrated area for materials and/or xp.
- Spawner Farming
- Waiting at an active monster spawner for monsters to spawn. This includes mobs that do not spawn naturally without the use of spawners, notably cave spiders.
- Wheat, Carrot, Potato, and Beetroot Farming
- Farming wheat, carrots, potatoes, and beetroots, the four staple food crops.
- Pumpkin and Melon Farming
- Farming pumpkins and melons.
- Cactus Farming
- Farming cacti for green dye or traps.
- Cobblestone Farming
- Creating a stone or cobblestone generator for self-repairing shelters or harvesting.
- Obsidian Farming
- Creating an obsidian generator for obsidian intensive builds.
- Ice farming
- Farming ice using a self-refilling rink.
- Pumpkin Farming
- Farming pumpkins for use in pumpkin pie, jack o'lanterns or golems.
- Vine Farming
- Farming vines for use instead of ladders, for decoration or to be used to craft mossy stone bricks or mossy cobblestone and to decorate banners.
- Tree Farming
- Farming trees for wood, saplings, apples, or charcoal.
- Mycelium Farming
- Farming mycelium for decoration.
- Kelp Farming
- Farming kelp.
- Bone Meal Farming
- Farming Bone meal by adding the farm to the end of another farm.
- Iron Farming
- Farming iron ingots by killing iron golems spawned in large villages.
- Gold Farming
- Farming gold nuggets by killing zombie pigmen which spawn in the Nether or near Nether portals in the Overworld.
- Egg Farming
- Farming eggs for use in cake, pumpkin pie or creating chickens.
- Cocoa bean farming
- Farming cocoa beans for use in cookies or creating brown wool.
- Mushroom Farming
- Farming mushrooms for use in mushroom stew or creating huge mushrooms.
- Nether Wart Farming
- Farming nether wart for use in brewing.
- Snow Farming
- Trapping a snow golem and digging the snow it produces.
- Sugar Cane Farming
- Farming sugar canes to make paper, which can be traded for emeralds as well as a crafting ingredient for books (and subsequently bookshelves); and sugar, which is required for cake, pumpkin pie, and brewing potions of swiftness.
- Chorus Fruit Farming
- Farming chorus fruit for food and popped chorus fruit, which makes purpur blocks.