We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Farming refers to the systematic production of renewable resources. It is usually used to get blocks, food, experience and more things. Specific types of farming include:
Mob Farming[edit | edit source]
- Using wheat, seeds, and carrots to breed animals, to be slaughtered for their products or used in egg, milk, or wool Farming.
Hostile Mob Farming
- Creating spawn rooms for hostile mobs, to be killed for their drops.
- Farming villagers by creating houses, doors, or curing spawned zombie villagers.
Experience Farming[edit | edit source]
- Waiting at an active monster spawner for monsters to spawn. This includes mobs that do not spawn naturally without the use of spawners, notably cave spiders.
Food Farming[edit | edit source]
- Farming wheat, carrots, potatoes, and beetroots, the four staple food crops.
- Farming pumpkins and melons.
Block Farming[edit | edit source]
- Farming cacti for cactus green dye or traps.
- Creating a stone or cobblestone generator for self-repairing shelters or harvesting.
- Creating an obsidian generator for obsidian intensive builds.
- Farming ice using a self-refilling rink.
- Farming pumpkins for use in pumpkin pie, jack o'lanterns or golems.
- Farming vines for use instead of ladders, for decoration or to be used to craft mossy stone bricks or moss stone and to decorate banners.
- Farming trees for wood, saplings, apples, or charcoal.
Item Farming[edit | edit source]
- Farming iron ingots by killing iron golems spawned in large villages.
- Farming gold nuggets by killing zombie pigmen which spawn in the Nether or near Nether portals in the Overworld.
- Farming eggs for use in cake, pumpkin pie or creating chickens.
Cocoa Bean Farming
- Farming cocoa beans for use in cookies or creating brown wool.
- Farming mushrooms for use in mushroom stew or creating huge mushrooms.
Nether Wart Farming
- Farming nether wart for use in brewing.
- Trapping a snow golem and digging the snow it produces.
Sugar Cane Farming
- Farming sugar canes for books, which are required for bookshelves; and sugar, which is required for cake and pumpkin pie.