From Minecraft Wiki
Farming refers to the systematic production of renewable resources. It is usually used to get blocks, food, experience and more things. Specific types of farming include:
Mob Farming[edit | edit source]
- Using wheat, seeds, and carrots to breed animals, to be slaughtered for their products or used in egg, milk, or wool Farming.
Hostile Mob Farming
- Creating spawn rooms for hostile mobs, to be killed for their drops.
- Farming villagers by creating houses, doors, or curing spawned zombie villagers.
Experience Farming[edit | edit source]
- Waiting at an active monster spawner for monsters to spawn. This includes mobs that do not spawn naturally without the use of spawners, notably cave spiders.
Food Farming[edit | edit source]
- Farming wheat, carrots, potatoes, and beetroots, the four staple food crops.
- Farming pumpkins and melons.
Block Farming[edit | edit source]
- Farming cacti for cactus green dye or traps.
- Creating a stone or cobblestone generator for self-repairing shelters or harvesting.
- Creating an obsidian generator for obsidian intensive builds.
- Farming ice using a self-refilling rink.
- Farming pumpkins for use in pumpkin pie, jack o'lanterns or golems.
- Farming vines for use instead of ladders, for decoration or to be used to craft mossy stone bricks or moss stone and to decorate banners.
- Farming trees for wood, saplings, apples, or charcoal.
- Farming mycelium for decoration.
Item Farming[edit | edit source]
- Farming iron ingots by killing iron golems spawned in large villages.
- Farming gold nuggets by killing zombie pigmen which spawn in the Nether or near Nether portals in the Overworld.
- Farming eggs for use in cake, pumpkin pie or creating chickens.
Cocoa Bean Farming
- Farming cocoa beans for use in cookies or creating brown wool.
- Farming mushrooms for use in mushroom stew or creating huge mushrooms.
Nether Wart Farming
- Farming nether wart for use in brewing.
- Trapping a snow golem and digging the snow it produces.
Sugar Cane Farming
- Farming sugar canes for books, which are required for bookshelves; and sugar, which is required for cake and pumpkin pie.
Chorus Fruit Farming
- Farming chorus fruit for food and popped chorus fruit, which makes purpur blocks.