dec: 368 hex: 170 bin: 101110000
Ender pearls can be found in 23.3% of stronghold altar chests in stacks of 1.
Ender pearls can be thrown by pressing use. After it is thrown, the ender Pearl is consumed, and the player teleports to where it lands. Using an ender pearl deals 5 damage to the user. Wearing armor enchanted with Protection and/or Feather Falling reduces the damage taken from the ender pearl. With enough protection and enough pearls, one could travel a long distance very quickly.
Ender pearls can travel about 30 blocks when thrown straight up and about 50 blocks forward when thrown at a 40° angle.
Ender pearls that fall into the void disappear, and do not trigger the player to teleport.
Ender pearls have a cooldown of one second before they can be used again. The cooldown is shown in the hotbar by a white overlay on the ender pearl that shrinks and must disappear before the player can use it again.
Ender pearls can be thrown into End gateways to reach the outer islands of the End.
Ender pearls can be thrown into Exit portal to reach the place you last rested.
Ender pearls have a 5% chance to spawn endermites when thrown.
|Eye of Ender||Blaze Powder +
|Sound||Subtitle||Namespaced ID||Subtitle ID||Source||Pitch||Volume||Attenuation distance|
|Ender Pearl flies||
Thrown ender pearls have entity data that define various properties of the entity.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all projectiles see Template:Nbt inherit/projectile/template
- shake: The "shake" when projectiles hit a block.
- owner: The uuid of the entity this projectile was thrown by.
- L: Thrower UUIDLeast. Used to generate UUID.
- M: Thrower UUIDMost. Used to generate UUID.
- Item: The item to render as, may be absent.
- Tags common to all items see Template:Nbt inherit/itemnoslot/template
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Bedrock||Legacy Console editions|
|Beam Me Up||Teleport over 100 meters from a single throw of an ender pearl||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||20G||Silver|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Namespaced ID|
||Remote Getaway||Escape the island||Free the End||Throw an ender pearl through or walk into an End gateway.|
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.8||Pre-release||Added ender pearls along with endermen.|
|Ender pearls have no use, but can stack up to 64.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease||Ender pearls are now less commonly found near bodies of water since endermen now teleport away when in contact with water. Before this version, endermen didn't attempt to teleport and were damaged/killed from water much more frequently, causing numerous ender pearls to occur around bodies of water.|
|Later, on a suggestion from Reddit user isJesus, Notch implemented the teleporting feature for ender pearls.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2||Added teleporting feature to ender pearls.|
|Using an ender pearl to teleport resulted in being kicked from servers for "hacking". This is due to a check triggering that was supposed to prevent modified clients from moving too quickly.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3||Ender pearls are now used to craft eyes of ender.|
|Ender pearls can now be found in the new stronghold altar chests.|
|1.8||14w02a||As part of the revamp of the trading system, cleric villagers now buy ender pearls.|
|14w03a||Villager clerics no longer buy ender pearls.|
|14w11b||Ender pearls have a 5% chance to spawn endermites when used.|
|1.9||15w31a||Ender pearls can now be thrown in creative mode.|
|15w34c||Ender pearls now have a cooldown after using.|
|15w41a||Villager clerics now sell ender pearls for 4–7 emeralds, as one of their tier III trades.|
|1.10||16w21a||Ender pearls can now teleport riders off their mounts.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID of ender pearls has now been changed from |
|16w39a||Ender pearls can now be found in woodland mansions' chests.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 368.|
|1.14||18w43a||The texture of ender pearls has now been changed.|
|Upcoming Java Edition|
|1.16||20w07a||Ender pearls can now be obtained by bartering with the new piglins.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.14.0||build 1||Added ender pearls.|
|While fully implemented, ender pearls currently have no assigned ID and are currently unobtainable in-game.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Ender pearls are now obtainable in-game.|
|Ender pearls can now be used to craft eyes of ender.|
|alpha 22.214.171.124||Ender pearls now require a 1-second cooldown.|
|alpha 126.96.36.199||Ender pearl cooldown now has an animation.|
|1.0.4||alpha 188.8.131.52||Ender pearls can now be bought from cleric villagers for 4-7 emeralds.|
|1.1.0||alpha 184.108.40.206||Ender pearls can now be found in woodland mansions' chests.|
|1.10.0||beta 220.127.116.11||The texture of ender pearls has now been changed.|
|1.11.0||beta 18.104.22.168||Trading has now been changed, expert-level cleric villagers now sell an ender pearl for 5 emeralds as part of their trade.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU5||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added ender pearls.|
|TU7||Added a teleporting feature to ender pearls.|
|1.90||The texture of ender pearls has now been changed.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|1.7.10||Added ender pearls.|
- Ender pearls can be used to teleport/move through non-solid blocks by pressing against the blocks and using the ender pearl at the player's feet until the player goes through.
- It is possible to spawn a thrown ender pearl using commands, but it does not teleport, displaying only the ender pearl sprite and disappearing.
- If the player throws an ender pearl and then dies before impact, the pearl disappears and the player is not teleported.
- If the player throws an ender pearl in survival mode and changes to creative mode before the pearl lands, the player is still teleported.
- The player is teleported by throwing an ender pearl and entering the Nether before it lands. The pearl is not lost if an Ender Pearl is thrown into a nether portal and the player travels through the portal, the pearl lands and teleports the player as usual.
- If multiple ender pearls are thrown in succession, the player can be hurt only once from fall damage within about a one second span.
- If a player dies from ender pearl teleportation, the death message says: "<player> hit the ground too hard".
- Ender pearls have a small cone of travel; they do not all follow the same path when thrown in the same direction.
Ender pearls were formerly found in water, however endermen now teleport out to prevent damage.