dec: 368 hex: 170 bin: 101110000
An ender pearl is a smooth, green item which is used to teleport and make the eye of ender.
Endermen drop 0–1 ender pearl when killed.
Ender pearls can be found in 23.3% of stronghold altar chests in stacks of 1.
To throw an ender pearl, press use, and the player character will teleport to where it lands, consuming the ender pearl, and dealing 5 () damage to the user. Wearing armor enchanted with Protection and/or Feather Falling reduces the damage taken from the ender pearl. With enough protection and enough pearls, one could travel a long distance very quickly. Ender pearls function in Creative mode.
Ender pearls can travel about 30 meters when thrown straight up and about 50 meters forward when thrown at a 40° angle.
Ender pearls which fall into the void do not trigger the player to teleport at all.
Ender pearls have a cooldown of 1 second before they can be used again. The cooldown is shown by a white overlay on the ender pearl in the hotbar.
Ender pearls can be thrown into End gateways to reach the outer islands of the End.
Ender pearls have a 5% chance to spawn endermites when thrown.
|Eye of Ender||Blaze Powder +
- See also: Chunk format
Thrown ender pearls have entity data which define various properties of the entity. Their entity ID is
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all projectiles see Template:Nbt inherit/projectile/template
- shake: The "shake" when arrows hit a block.
- owner: The uuid of the entity this projectile was thrown by.
- L: Thrower UUIDLeast. Used to generate UUID.
- M: Thrower UUIDMost. Used to generate UUID.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Beam Me Up||Teleport over 100 meters from a single throw of an ender pearl||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||20G||Silver|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|Remote Getaway||Escape the island||Free the End||Throw an ender pearl through or walk into an End gateway.|
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.8||Pre-release||Added ender pearls along with endermen. Ender pearls have no use, but can stack up to 64.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease||Ender pearls are now less commonly found near bodies of water since endermen now teleport away when in contact with water. Before this version, endermen didn't attempt to teleport and were damaged/killed from water much more frequently, causing numerous ender pearls to occur around bodies of water.|
|Later, on a suggestion from Reddit user isJesus, Notch implemented the teleporting feature for ender pearls.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2||Added teleporting feature to ender pearl.|
|Using an ender pearl to teleport resulted in being kicked from servers for "hacking". This is due to a check triggering that was supposed to prevent modified clients from moving too quickly.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3||Ender pearls are now used to craft eyes of ender.|
|Ender pearls can now be found in the new stronghold altar chests.|
|1.8||14w02a||As part of the revamp of the trading system, cleric villagers would buy ender pearls.|
|14w03a||Villager clerics would no longer buy ender pearls.|
|14w11b||Ender pearls have a 5% chance to spawn endermites when used.|
|1.9||15w31a||Ender pearls can be thrown in Creative mode.|
|15w34c||Ender pearls now have a cooldown after using.|
|15w41a||Villager clerics now sell ender pearls for 4–7 emeralds, as one of their tier III trades.|
|1.10||16w21a||Can now teleport riders off their mounts.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID is changed from |
|16w39a||Ender pearls can now be found in woodland mansions' chests.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 368.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.14.0||build 1||Added ender pearls. While fully implemented, they have no assigned ID and are currently unobtainable in-game.|
|1.0||build 1||Ender pearls are now obtainable in-game.|
|build 3||Ender pearls now require a 1-second cooldown.|
|build 4||Ender pearl cooldown now has an animation.|
|1.0.4||build 1||Ender pearls can now be bought from cleric villagers.|
|1.1||build 1||Ender pearls can now be found in woodland mansions' chests.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU5||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added ender pearls.|
|TU7||Added teleporting feature to ender pearls.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|1.7.10||Added Ender Pearls.|
- Ender pearls can be used to teleport/move through non-solid blocks by pressing against the blocks and using the ender pearl at the player's feet until the player goes through.
- It is possible to spawn a thrown ender pearl using commands, but it does not teleport. This will only display the ender pearl sprite and disappear instantly.
- If the player throws an ender pearl and then dies before impact, the pearl disappears and the player is not teleported.
- If the player throws an ender pearl in survival mode and changes to creative mode before the pearl lands, the player is still teleported.
- The player is teleported if they throw an ender pearl and enter the Nether before it lands. The pearl is not lost if an Ender Pearl is thrown into a nether portal and the player travels through the portal, the pearl will appear and land and teleport the player as if you had just thrown it.
- If multiple ender pearls are thrown in succession, the player can only be hurt once from fall damage within about a one second span.
- If a player dies from ender pearl teleportation, the death message will say: "<player> hit the ground too hard".
- Ender pearls have a small cone of fire; if you throw them straight up, they will not all follow the same path.
Ender pearls were formerly found in water, however endermen now teleport out to prevent damage.