End Portal (block)
|Catches fire from lava||
|Block Entity ID||
dec: 119 hex: 77 bin: 1110111
In Bedrock Edition, it may be obtained as an item via inventory editing.
End portal blocks can be used to teleport into and out of the End. When a player or other entity in the Overworld or the End touches an End portal block, it is instantly taken to the other dimension. If a single portal block is placed using commands, it can still be used to travel between dimensions.
All entities traveling to the End will appear on the obsidian platform, recreating it if necessary. Players traveling to the Overworld will appear at their individual spawn point, while other entities will appear at the world spawn point.
A piston cannot push an End portal block.
- End Portal blocks can be destroyed in Creative Mode. This does not affect adjacent End Portal blocks.
- If a portal block is viewed from underneath, it will be invisible. This is a feature intentionally programmed into the game.
- End portals don't reduce fall damage.
- The top surface of an End portal, is 3⁄4 the height of a full block.
- The End portal is one of the only blocks without a conventional texture or entity texture; it instead duplicates and layers a starfield pattern.
- If TNT is detonated on an end portal, no blocks in its blast radius will be destroyed.
- Ridden entities (and their riders) will pass through the portal without being teleported.
- The wither and ender dragon cannot teleport through portals. However, in the Legacy Console Edition, the wither can teleport through the end portal provided the Ender dragon is dead.
|Sound||Subtitle||Namespaced ID||Subtitle ID||Source||Pitch||Volume||Attenuation distance|
||(Plays when fallen on from a height)||Blocks||0.75||0.5||16|
An end portal block has a block entity associated with it that holds additional data about the block.
- Block entity data
- Tags common to all block entities see Template:Nbt inherit/blockentity/template
|This page would benefit from the addition of more images.|
Please remove this notice once you've added suitable images to the article. The specific instructions are: End portal block before 16w40a (for Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4). Add textures to Pocket and console histories, as well.
|October 5, 2011||The end portal block is teased by Notch in screenshot.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3||The end portal is introduced, but is nonfunctional.|
|If obtained through inventory editors, the end portal block uses this texture: .|
|The end portal can currently be broken using TNT.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4||The end portal is now functional.|
|The texture of the end portal frame has now been changed.|
|The end portal frame can no longer be broken at all.|
|1.4.2||12w36a||All entities can now travel through portals. This may cause silverfish to fall into the portal to enter the End.|
|1.5||13w02a||The end portal block's inventory texture has now been changed.|
|1.8||14w05a||The end portal block's inventory texture has now been changed.|
|14w25a||The item form of the end portal block has now been removed from the game. It can no longer exist in inventories and only as a block in the world.|
|1.9||15w49b||The hitbox height of the end portal block has now been increased from 1⁄16 of a block to 3⁄4 of a block.|
|The wither and ender dragon can no longer travel through portals, including the end portal.|
|1.11||16w32a||The block entity ID of the end portal block has now been changed from |
|16w40a||The starfield effect has now been changed to match that of the end gateway block. It no longer changes perspective with respect to the player, but now remains static with respect to the game screen.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 119.|
|?||The particles of the end portal block has now been to those of obsidian.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Added the end portal block.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU9||CU1||1.00||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added the end portal and exit portal.|