End Portal (block)
|Catches fire from lava||
|Block Entity ID||
dec: 119 hex: 77 bin: 1110111
In Bedrock Edition, it may be obtained as an item via inventory editing.
End portal blocks can be used to teleport into and out of the End. When a player or other entity in the Overworld or the End touches an End portal block, it is instantly taken to the other dimension. If a single portal block is placed using commands, it can still be used to travel between dimensions.
All entities traveling to the End will appear on the obsidian platform, recreating it if necessary. Players traveling to the Overworld will appear at their individual spawn point, while other entities will appear at the world spawn point.
A piston cannot push an End portal block.
- End Portal blocks can be destroyed in Creative Mode, or by replacing them with water. This does not affect adjacent End Portal blocks.
- If a portal block is viewed from underneath, it will be invisible. This is a feature intentionally programmed into the game.
- End portals don't reduce fall damage.
- The top surface of an End portal, is 3⁄4 the height of a full block.
- The End portal is one of the only blocks without a conventional texture or entity texture; it instead duplicates and layers a starfield pattern.
- If TNT is detonated on an end portal, no blocks in its blast radius will be destroyed.
- Ridden entities (and their riders) will pass through the portal without being teleported.
- The wither and ender dragon cannot teleport through portals. However, in the Legacy Console Edition, the wither can teleport through the end portal provided the Ender dragon is dead.
An end portal block has a block entity associated with it that holds additional data about the block.
- Block entity data
- Tags common to all block entities see Template:Nbt inherit/blockentity/template
|October 5, 2011||The end portal block is teased in screenshot.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3||The end portal is introduced, but is nonfunctional.|
|If obtained through inventory editors, the end portal block used this texture: .|
|The end portal can currently be broken using TNT.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4||The end portal is now functional.|
|The end portal frame now has a different texture and can no longer be broken at all.|
|1.4.2||12w36a||All entities will travel through portals. This may cause silverfish to fall into the portal to enter the End.|
|1.5||13w02a||The end portal block's inventory texture is changed to .|
|1.8||14w05a||End portal block's inventory texture is changed to .|
|14w25a||The item form of the End portal block is removed from the game. It could no longer exist in inventories, only as a block in the world.|
|1.9||15w49b||The hitbox height was increased from 1⁄16 of a block to 3⁄4 of a block.|
|The wither and ender dragon no longer travel through portals.|
|1.11||16w32a||The block entity ID is changed from |
|16w40a||The starfield effect was changed to match that of the end gateway block. It no longer changes perspective with respect to the player, but now remains static with respect to the game screen.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 119.|
|?||Changed particles to those of obsidian.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Added the End portal block.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU9||CU1||1.00||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added the End portal and exit portal.|