End Portal (block)
|Block entity id||
dec: 119 hex: 77 bin: 1110111
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
End portal blocks can be used to teleport into and out of the End. When a player or other entity in the Overworld or the End touches an End portal block, it is instantly taken to the other dimension. If a single portal block is placed using commands, it can still be used to travel between dimensions.
All entities traveling to the End will appear on the obsidian platform, recreating it if necessary. Players traveling to the Overworld will appear at their individual spawn point, while other entities will appear at the world spawn point.
A piston cannot push an End portal block.
Properties[edit | edit source]
- End Portal blocks can be destroyed in Creative Mode, or by replacing them with water. This does not affect adjacent End Portal blocks.
- If a portal block is viewed from underneath, it will be invisible.
- End portals don't reduce fall damage.
- The top surface of an End portal, is 3⁄4 the height of a full block.
- The End portal is one of the only blocks without a conventional texture or entity texture; it uses the same image as the background of the End, with an additional effect added on top.
- If TNT is detonated on an end portal, no blocks in its blast radius will be destroyed.
- Ridden entities (and their riders) will pass through the portal without being teleported.
- The wither and ender dragon cannot teleport through portals.
Data values[edit | edit source]
- See also: Block entity format
An end portal block has a block entity associated with it that holds additional data about the block. The block's block entity ID is
Block entity data
- Tags common to all block entities see Template:Nbt inherit/blockentity/template
History[edit | edit source]
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre3||The end portal is introduced, but is nonfunctional.|
|If obtained through
|The end portal can currently be broken using TNT.|
|Beta 1.9-pre4||The end portal is now functional.|
|The end portal frame now has a different texture and can no longer be broken at all.|
|1.4.2||12w36a||All entities will travel through portals. This may cause silverfish to fall into the portal to enter the End.|
|1.5||13w02a||The end portal block's texture in the inventory was changed to .|
|1.8||14w05a||End portal block's texture in the inventory was changed to .|
|14w25a||The end portal block (ID 119) was removed from the
|1.9||15w49b||The hitbox height was increased from 1⁄16 of a block to 3⁄4 of a block.|
|The wither and ender dragon no longer travel through portals.|
|1.11||16w32a||The block entity ID is changed from
|16w40a||The starfield effect was changed to match that of the end gateway block. It no longer changes perspective with respect to the player, but now remains static with respect to the game screen.|
|1.0||build 1||Added the End portal block.|
|TU9||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added the End portal and exit portal.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “End Portal (block)” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.