Education Edition exclusive features
From Minecraft Wiki
- Tutorial worlds
- Guide players on in-game navigation, crafting, and placing or breaking blocks.
- Include the World of Chemistry
- Downloadable from education.minecraft.net
- 3D Exporting
- Allow players to use their creations in the real world and share them via Remix 3D
- Classroom Mode
- A companion app for Minecraft that shows a high-level map view of the world, a list of all the students, the ability for a teacher to teleport students, and a chat window to communicate.
- It is provided for Educators who may want to observe student activity without being in the game, and is not needed for students to play.
- Code Connection
- An extension that allows educators and students to explore, create, and play in an immersive Minecraft world – all by writing code.
- Easy Classroom Collaboration
- An entire classroom of up to thirty (30) students can play in a world together with no separate server setup required.
- Students can work together in pairs or groups simply by joining their classmates’ world.
- Simple, Secure sign-in
- Individual student and teacher logins with Office 365 Education accounts ensure data privacy & security while playing Minecraft: Education Edition.
Blocks & Items
- Element Constructor
- It allows the creation of elements based on their atomic structure with sliders to choose the number of protons, neutrons and electrons.
- There are 118 elements from the Periodic Table as well as over 400 stable isotopes.
- Compound Creator
- Lab Table
- Material Reducer
- Speciality blocks
- Allows students to take screenshots of their work
- Allow students to document the development of their projects.
- Allow creators to communicate learning goals, provide additional information and give explicit instructions within the game.
- It comes in three different sizes – Slate (1×1), Poster (2×1), and Board (2×3).
Mobs & Entities
- Non-Player Characters
- Act as a guide for students in the game, giving instruction, providing more information, and also allowing educators to insert an active web link to additional references.
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|