Education Edition 1.4.0
Windows 10, MacOS – June 12, 2018
|Other editions of 1.4.0|
1.4.0 is an update for Education Edition that added a lot of the Update Aquatic features. Note that the phantom or barrier blocks aren't included in this update, as those have been counted out as Update Aquatic features. It was also the first version to be released on iOS devices.
- Coral, coral fans, and coral blocks
- Kelp, dried kelp, dried kelp block
- Blue ice
- Sea grass
- Sea pickle (with illumination)
- Stripped logs
- Buttons, trapdoors, and pressure plates in all 6 types of wood
- Carved pumpkins
- Prismarine stairs and slabs
- Bucket of fish
- Buried treasure explorer map
- Fish mobs (salmon, cod, pufferfish, tropical fish)
- Dolphins (follow boats, get a boost swimming next to them)
- Nine ocean biomes including frozen ocean
- New swimming animation while sprinting in water
- Added structure block to inventory.
- Removed fixed inventory.
- Floating items
- Boat polish (smoother control)
- Water has a completely new look and increased visibility while underwater.
- Cameras now emit smoke particles when killed by the player and no longer display the death animation.
- NPC interface page is slightly updated.
- Agent default name tag color changed to blue.
- Misc bug fixes.
- "Update Aquatic Released for Minecraft: Education Edition" – Minecraft: Education Edition
- "What’s New in Minecraft: Education Edition" – Minecraft: Education Edition