Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Early Classic Creative
May 16 – May 28, 2009
Early Classic Creative refers to 14 versions of Classic released from May 16 to May 28, 2009.
- In-game version number at the top left of the screen.
- Includes FPS (frames per second) and chunk updates.
- F10+Esc+Alt unhooks the mouse and pauses the game.
- Pressing Esc now opens the pause menu.
- Render distance
- Pressing F cycles between four levels of render distance.
- Controller support.
- Scroll-wheel block picking support.
- Mobs saved in level data.
- Unobtainable to the player.
- Only appear naturally in one block-thick beaches (usually by water or in the middle of a landscape). These beaches were always at and below ocean level.
- Rather than falling by turning into a falling block entity, sand instantly appears at the lowest point it could go when placed above an air block, without any sort of falling animation.
- A glitch occurring at this time allowed players to raise the height of a fluid block by placing sand over it. The sand would stay suspended in mid-air until it was broken. When broken, a fluid block corresponding to the type below the sand would appear where the block was. The suspended fluid block would remain immobile until a block was placed next to it, causing a flood.
- Found in higher elevations, gold ore was often found in exposed surface-level veins.
- Breaking gold ore did not give the player 1–3 blocks of gold when mined.
- Spawns in huge veins, sometimes big enough to protrude into 3 caverns, and can have as many as 167 ores.
- Breaking iron ore did not give the player 1–3 blocks of iron when mined.
- Does not drop itself when mined.
- Known as "logs".
- Spawn as trees.
- Spawn on trees.
- An infinite ocean now surrounds the map.
- Level sizes
- "Huge" level size.
- Spawn with wood and leaves.
- Right click now switches between placing and removing blocks.
- Texture changed.
- Now flows to fill any available space below or next to it.
- With just one water source you can flood the entire world.
- New texture.
- New texture.