Early Classic Creative
0.0.2a (May 16, 2009)
0.0.14a_08 (May 28, 2009)
|This article's name is conjectural.|
An official name is yet to be given to the subject matter and may change at any time.
Early Classic Creative refers to several versions of Classic released from May 16 to May 28, 2009, that succeeded pre-Classic and preceded Multiplayer Test. Creative singleplayer was the only mode available at this time and there were only a limited amount of blocks available in-game.
- Unobtainable to the player.
- Sand and Gravel
- Only appear naturally in one block-thick beaches (usually by water or in the middle of a landscape). These beaches were always at and below ocean level.
- Rather than falling by turning into a falling block entity, sand instantly appears at the lowest point it could go when placed above an air block, without any sort of falling animation.
- Gold Ore
- Found in higher elevations, gold ore was often found in exposed surface-level veins.
- Iron Ore
- Spawns in huge veins, sometimes big enough to protrude into 3 caverns, and can have as many as 167 ores.
- Coal Ore
- Logs and leaves
- Spawn as trees found around the map.
- Water and Lava
- World generation
- An infinite ocean surrounds the map.
- "Huge" level size.
- Right click switches between placing and removing blocks.
- In-game version number at the top left of the screen.
- Includes FPS (frames per second) and chunk updates.
- A glitch occurring at this time allowed players to raise the height of a fluid block by placing sand over it. The sand would stay suspended in mid-air until it was broken. When broken, a fluid block corresponding to the type below the sand would appear where the block was. The suspended fluid block would remain immobile until a block was placed next to it, causing a flood.