|Catches fire from lava||
dec: 122 hex: 7A bin: 1111010
The dragon egg is a decorative block, or a "trophy item", and the rarest item in the game.
A single dragon egg is generated on top of the exit portal when the first ender dragon is defeated. A dragon egg cannot be mined directly, as trying to do so causes it to teleport. However, the egg does not teleport if there aren't any air blocks available for it to teleport to, which allows it to be mined. The dragon egg is a falling block and drops as an item when pushed by a piston or when it falls onto a non-solid transparent block, such as a torch.
Only one dragon egg can ever generate per world. It is dropped once, by the first dragon.
The dragon egg, if there is no block below it, falls until it lands on the next available block. When it is being affected by gravity and falling, it exhibits a smooth falling animation.
It does not suffocate mobs or players when it falls and covers them.
The dragon egg can be placed on a non-solid block without falling.
Unlike other falling blocks, when the dragon egg is floating, it doesn't have particles underneath.
Dragon eggs emit a light level of 1.
To cause the egg to teleport, press attack while in Survival or Adventure mode (press use in Creative). It teleports to a place nearby (up to seven blocks vertically and fifteen blocks horizontally), creating the same particles as endermen. It may teleport into the air and subsequently fall to the ground since they forcefully obey gravity.
In the case that egg teleportation finds an invalid location such as a negative y value, it will make an additional attempt to find a valid location, centered on the invalid location rather than the original position.
|Sound||Subtitle||Namespaced ID||Subtitle ID||Source||Pitch||Volume||Attenuation distance|
||(Plays when fallen on from a height)||Blocks||0.75||0.5||16|
- Dynamic block entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- TileEntityData: Optional. The tags of the block entity for this block.
- BlockState: The falling block represented by this entity.
- Time: The number of ticks the entity has existed. If set to 0, the moment it ticks to 1, it vanishes if the block at its location has a different ID than the entity's TileID. If the block at its location has the same ID as its TileID when Time ticks from 0 to 1, the block is deleted, and the entity continues to fall, having overwritten it. When Time goes above 600, or above 100 while the block is below Y=0, the entity is deleted.
- DropItem: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if the block should drop as an item when it breaks. Any block that doesn't have an item form with the same ID as the block won't drop even if this is set.
- HurtEntities: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if the block should hurt entities it falls on.
- FallHurtMax: The maximum hit points of damage to inflict on entities that intersect this falling_block. For vanilla falling_block, always 40 × 20.
- FallHurtAmount: Multiplied by the FallDistance to calculate the amount of damage to inflict. For vanilla falling_block, always 2.
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Namespaced ID|
|The Next Generation||Hold the Dragon Egg||Free the End||Have a dragon egg in your inventory.|
|October 26, 2011||The dragon egg is first mentioned by Notch, supposedly before there was the feature freeze, though it seems to have been worked on during it.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6||Added dragon eggs.|
|1.3.1||12w17a||Pick Block no longer works on dragon eggs.|
|1.9||15w49a||Pick Block now works on dragon eggs again.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 112.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Added dragon eggs.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU9||CU1||1.00||Patch 1||Added dragon eggs.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|1.7.10||Added dragon eggs.|
- When destroyed by an explosion, the block always drops as an item.
- The writer of the Minecraft comic WonderCraft, Samcube, was requested by Mojang to create official Minecraft posters. In part of these works, one can see an area with an ender dragon and a chicken on top of a huge mushroom. In the same scene, the dragon egg is visible near the chicken.
A dragon egg on a snow layer.