- Every level reduces the amount water slows the player by ⅓.
- Also reduces the speed at which flowing water pushes the player when standing still.
- Level 3 lets the player swim as fast as they walk on land. Any level beyond that will have no effect on speed.
- Speed potions will affect the player's swimming the same way as their walking at level 3.
- There is no effect on vertical speed.
- If commands are used to put it on other pieces of armor (such as a helmet), it works normally.
If Depth Strider enchanted armor is put onto an armor stand, it will be moved more slowly when pushed by water.