This article is about the tutorial world. For user-created tutorials, see Tutorials
. For survival mode tutorial hints, see Tutorial hints
This page describes content that exists only in outdated versions of Minecraft.
All Legacy Console Editions have been discontinued.
In-game screenshot of the tutorial.
The Mansion in the 1.3-1.4 (TU7-TU11) Tutorial World.
Completed map of TU46 Tutorial World.
The Legacy Console Edition tutorial is a short walk through of Minecraft's basic mechanics. It allows newcomers to familiarize themselves with the game, primarily with the Controls and the crafting system. Found only in Legacy Console Edition, the tutorial takes place in a flat area, with trees in small clusters around the side. It will not let the player leave the enclosed area until finishing or canceling the tutorial, though the player may do whatever they want within the enclosed area. Around the rest of the world there are approximately 12 hidden chests containing items and a music disc that the player can search for.
The tutorial walks the player through:
Other tutorials for items such as beds, Nether portals, boats, pistons, and fishing rods will pop up, but are not part of the main tutorial.
This section needs to be updated.
Please update this section to reflect recent updates or newly available information.
logo as it used to appear in the tutorial. (TU7-TU11)
- The tutorial area was a flat plain with sparsely growing grass and flowers. There was a lake, with a chest containing 17 fishing rods next to it. There was also a river with a chest next to it, with 9 boats in it.
- The Aquatic tutorial world has a very incomplete bridge over water that leads to a path to many tutorials. And if the player looks behind them at the start, they will find a closed off area that used to be the path to get to the tutorials in the TU46 tutorial world.
- The player won't find the old tutorial areas by mining behind it; they will just reach the end of their world (and waste time and tools). The player can find an unfortunately old and beat-up version of the TU46 tutorial areas by looking somewhere underwater in the ice biome near the stone sheep statue, and the chests there will not contain the same items as the TU46 tutorial world. Also the old beacon area is missing the beacon (Because beacons can shine through water), but the diamond block tower it used to be on is still there.
- A pond lined with sand can be found in the field. Near this pond was a cobblestone wall with a redstone/piston demonstration area. Opposite, is an incomplete miner's shelter, which the player is tasked to complete during the tutorial. This shelter was surrounded by gravel, which has a path leading to the exit, which the player can only pass through if they have completed the tutorial. Through this exit was a village or a castle (TU7-TU11).
|Legacy Console Edition|
|Xbox 360||Xbox One||PlayStation||Wii U||Switch|
|TU1||Equates to Beta 1.6.6
- Added tutorial world, exclusive to Legacy Console Edition.
- Seed: 1171544198849424676
|TU3||Equates to Beta 1.7.3
- Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cacti and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
|TU5||Equates to Beta 1.8.1
- Changed the tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
- Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the tutorial world.
- Added mini tutorial for eating in the tutorial world.
- Added music disc quests in the tutorial world - players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the music discs that can be played in a jukebox.
|TU7||Equates to Java Edition 1.0.0
- New tutorial world with new biome.
- New mini-tutorials for new features.
- Updated new music disc quest in the tutorial world.
- Moved six of the twelve music disc quests in the tutorial world.
- Changed the tutorial world to add climbable vines, and some of the new items, and removed/reduced the items in the brewing, farming and breeding chests.
|TU12||1.0||Equates to Java Edition 1.2.3
- New tutorials to the tutorial world for the new items & features.
- Updated the positions of the music disc chests in the Tutorial World.
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Patch 1||Equates to Java Edition 1.4.2 – 1.6.4
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Equates to Java Edition 1.8.8
|TU46||CU36||1.38||Patch 15||1.0.1||Equates to Java Edition 1.10
- Minor updates to Tutorial world.
|TU69||1.76||Patch 38||Equates to Java Edition 1.13
- New tutorial world to show the player how to use the new features.
Issues relating to "Legacy Console Edition tutorial" are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues there.